Lets fire

IndyJay1234

I am pretty sick of the fire the Offensive Coordinator talk.

Two years ago it was Kevin Gillbride.

Before that it was fire Mike Shepard.

Before that years ago it was fire Joe Pendry.

Two years from now it will be fire Offensive Coordinator TBA.

How about this. FIX the OFFENSIVE LINE!! Then Fix the Defensive LINE!!!

I live in Indy and trust me the playmakers we have are very good but they are very good because of Tarrik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, Rian Diem.... The three men no one has ever heard about. You know why... Because they dont give up sacks or take too many penalties....

Back in the Hayday we had a great Offensive Line... NO WONDER we had a good QB, a good RB, a good set of WR's...

Sorry for the rant... I feel better now...

How about this.  FIX the OFFENSIVE LINE!!  Then Fix the Defensive LINE!!! 

I live in Indy and trust me the playmakers we have are very good but they are very good because of Tarrik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, Rian Diem....  The three men no one has ever heard about.  You know why...  Because they dont give up sacks or take too many penalties....

Back in the Hayday we had a great Offensive Line...  NO WONDER we had a good QB, a good RB, a good set of WR's... 

Sorry for the rant...  I feel better now...

485188[/snapback]

Can we please fire someone? I agree we need to fix the lines but that won't happen until AT LEAST next year, probably two years to find and groom 3-5 different starters on the lines. By that time, Fletcher, Malloy and Vincent are done and need to be replaced.

I agree that firing a coordinator is not going to get the job done, but somebody needs to "take one for team."

Can we please fire someone?  I agree we need to fix the lines but that won't happen until AT LEAST next year, probably two years to find and groom 3-5 different starters on the lines.  By that time, Fletcher, Malloy and Vincent are done and need to be replaced. 

I agree that firing a coordinator is not going to get the job done, but somebody needs to "take one for team."

485250[/snapback]

JP took one for the team and look were it got him sitting on Bench while Kelly Holcomb is now starting

Can we please fire someone?  I agree we need to fix the lines but that won't happen until AT LEAST next year, probably two years to find and groom 3-5 different starters on the lines.  By that time, Fletcher, Malloy and Vincent are done and need to be replaced. 

485250[/snapback]

A good start would be to fire Fletcher and Malloy....................................

How about this.  FIX the OFFENSIVE LINE!!  Then Fix the Defensive LINE!!! 

Sorry for the rant...  I feel better now...

485188[/snapback]

Amen brother! I think were a couple players away- thats all!

I'm sure TD will identify a scapegoat for us. That will defelect any accountability from him.

Wai, one was already built in. TD was smart this year, he was sumbiminally preparing us for this. It's none other than our future QB.

I just would think that a man with his "intelliegence" would understand football. Games are won/lost in the trenches. They always have and they always will. That will never change.

Jerry Yu (New York, NY): How do you propose the Bills find consistent and long-term success given that the sub-par/under talented/overwhelmed offensive line has not been addressed at all in many years?

Tom Donahoe: Each year over the last four we have made adjustments and improvements to our offensive line. We have done it through draft choices as Mike Williams is an example of a number one pick, and we have also addressed the line through free agency. Our line has proven to be very good run blockers and we have had thousand yard rushers in three of the last four seasons and are on pace to have another one this year. Our pass protection has been inconsistent. To this point, in seven games and we have given up 18 sacks, which is higher than where we want to be. We will continue to make adjustments to try and improve our performance on the offensive line. 

We all know that not only is consistancy important for the line, but also cohesiveness and chemistry. That would suggest that adaquate 2nd teamers either be brought in via Free Agency OR develop guys from the draft.

I'm guessing we draft another WR and TE is this coming draft and bring in some more band-aides to patch the line temporarily.

If they're going to fire anyone, they should fire Tom Donahoe. Its been five years since Donahoe took over a hideous team. They're still hideous. We've changed coaches. We've changed player personnel. No results. The time for accountability at the top is rapidly approaching.