Jeff Posey -

Kipers Hair

Would any of you guys wake up at 12:01 AM to sign this atrocity?

Any of you High School football stars able to tell me what his contribution is to our LB corps? Since he signed with the Bills, I can't recall ever saying to myself; "that's why we made a big deal over this guy...".

Posey is a let down. Why not let Josh Stammer on the field...unless of course he's worse....

Any of you High School football stars able to tell me what his contribution is to our LB corps?  Since he signed with the Bills, I can't recall ever saying to myself; "that's why we made a big deal over this guy...". 

Posey is a let down.  Why not let Josh Stammer on the field...unless of course he's worse....

484640[/snapback]

Posey........never heard of him ........who's jeff posey?????

OH....... that guy always standing over the pile!!!!!!!!!!

Posey was no help whatsoever yesterday. The thing that gets overlooked with the contant griping about him is that there actually WASN'T a big deal made about him by the team and he has a very reasonable salary that does not hurt us.

He's not what is wrong with this team. Since our Dline stinks maybe we should go to a 3-4. Play Sam as the NT, play a defense the Pats are not prepared for--our base D will give up at least 30 points to New England.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've heard Posey mentioned during a game all year.  :lol:

484747[/snapback]

I heard his name yesterday when he was chasing Crockett on the big gain. He didn't cover him, and he didn't tackle him, either....

Since our Dline stinks maybe we should go to a 3-4.  Play Sam as the NT, play a defense the Pats are not prepared for--our base D will give up at least 30 points to New England.

484780[/snapback]

Something that I 've thought about but that would fall under the column of creative coaching...I will not hold my breath for this ship of fools to ever try that one...

I heard his name yesterday when he was chasing Crockett on the big gain.  He didn't cover him, and he didn't tackle him, either....

484782[/snapback]

He did make that nice tackle on third down against Houston awhile back...Oh thats right, I forgot that was week 1.......

He's not what is wrong with this team.  Since our Dline stinks maybe we should go to a 3-4.  Play Sam as the NT, play a defense the Pats are not prepared for--our base D will give up at least 30 points to New England.

484780[/snapback]

Yes, he is wrong for this team! Everybody plays a part in this atrocity.

Try this sometime if you are looking for a BIG laugh: look at the game replays when the defense is on the field. Then try to spot Posey anywhere near the ball when the play unfolds. He is like David Copperfield- he vanishes into thin air.

When, and if, you do spot him it is usually when the offense is heading back to their huddle after the play. Where does he go? The invisible man.

I did an analysis of his play last year and what I found horrified me. He is really a substandard linebacker. I posted this observation during pre-season and nobody wanted to believe my reaearch.

Maybe now the cloak of invisibility will be removed from an obvious weak link.

So what to do about it? Get faster linebackers who know how to find the ball and get involved.

With the game tied 10-10 and Lamont Jordan about to score on a running play, the Bills put in Josh Stamer. Have you ever seen a linebacker try to stop a play with his eyes closed? Watch the replay of this TD run. Hilarious watching Stamer on that play. He had no clue how to tackle or what to do to stop Jordan. Brutal. Maybe why Posey still starts.

Any of you High School football stars able to tell me what his contribution is to our LB corps?  Since he signed with the Bills, I can't recall ever saying to myself; "that's why we made a big deal over this guy...". 

Posey is a let down.  Why not let Josh Stammer on the field...unless of course he's worse....

484640[/snapback]

Like virtually every other Bill on this D his work has sucked this year (this was even true of TKO for the most part until he was hurt). However, i think you are missding the boat in asessing Posey's play and value to the team with his work in 2004 and 2004.

I think you are really missing the boat calling for Josh Stamer to replace him. Stamer has been a good player on ST and made a couple of good plays as a back-up last year. However from what I have seen he does not have the speed, is a couple of inches too short and does not seem to make the reads quick enough necessary for him to be a credible starter.

I don't know for sure since both you and I are amateur outsiders, however, it does speak loudly that an MLB player Crowell was plugged in to back up Spikes at OLB rather than his back-up Haggan rather than OLB Stamer and then in games it is now Haggan who sees position play before Stamer in games.

I understand folks getting on Posey because the positives of Posey's game which were more apparent when Posey and the D as a whole were producing better do not show up on stat sheet. If you look hard at the game you will observe what I have seen and other Bills watchers such as TSW poster CD Nittan have seen that Posey's strength are his reads and he tends to back off in coverage or play the line either at the point of attack or rushing the passer about half for each.

Yhe closest thing to a back-up for Posey that the Bills use in their zone blitz attack is actually Ryan Denney playing an OLB position that is more like a DE and playing it in the zone blitz rushing the passer sometimes, playing the run sometimes and dropping back into zone pass coverage the rest of the time.

Posey like the rest of the D has not performed consistenly or well this year, but just becuase his name is not being called by the announcers does not mean he is no doing his job.

He definitiely did his job well last year and this year the lack of good results is probably better pinned on Milloy for missing a bunch of tackles he should have made, the young Crowell getting effectively blocked a number of times when he first took the field, Spikes for having his back turned to Vick while he directed traffic and Vick called a quick snap and ran a play right through Spikes' area than to blame all or even most of this on Posey's inadequate play.

but, but the coaches go out of their way to praise him every opportunity and say he's doing what they want him to do, whaterver that is.

484678[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head saying, "what ever that is".

Grays scheme is asking the players to play out of position. These guys grow up being LBs or DT or DEs or CBs. That was how they were drafted. But when you ask a LB or a DE to cover a WR, or a CB to blitz going against an OT twice your size, that is asking the players to play out of position. That is creating the mismatches that Mularkey is so fond of saying. Opposing OCs are picking up on this and this defense is being defeated.

As can be seen by this years performance, the Bills are loosing at the Line of Scrimmage.

If you look hard at the game you will observe what I have seen and other Bills watchers such as TSW poster CD Nittan have seen that Posey's strength are his reads and he tends to back off in coverage or play the line either at the point of attack or rushing the passer about half for each.

If you are saying that Posey's greatest strength is the oh-so-difficult task of differentiating between a run and a pass, then you are critiquing him as much as I ever have.

Posey like the rest of the D has not performed consistenly or well this year, but just becuase his name is not being called by the announcers does not mean he is no doing his job.

And just because he can tell the difference between a handoff and a dropback does not mean he is doing his job.

He definitiely did his job well last year

No he didn't

Spikes for having his back turned to Vick while he directed traffic and Vick called a quick snap and ran a play right through Spikes' area

Spikes saved a TD on that play; the only thing he did wrong was fail to be born with 23 foot long arms which would have enabled him to make the play in Vincent's zone where the pass was thrown.

Posey's inadequate play.

Oddly enough, from what I've seen Posey has been playing his best ball since the Bills signed him.

Oddly enough, from what I've seen Posey has been playing his best ball since the Bills signed him.

485518[/snapback]

Yikes! You must be kidding. Posey makes virtually NO plays for an entire series of games. What would be so wrong with a starting linebacker making something happen? Tackle somebody, force fumbles or INT's, sack the Qb. He does nothing like that. You can watch the Bills game after game and never know he was suited up. UGH! Did Posey play today? How can a starter on defense never get mentioned for 60 minutes when the opponents RB's are picking up 150+ yards a game?