Nate Clements revisited...

I will. I think he's a solid shut-down corner. Problem is that both cornerbacks, throughout the game, were playing 10-15 yards off the receiver and it was almost as though they were guarding against the deep ball. I was at the game, sat in the 2nd row and noticed this on each and every play.

It's easy to bash Clements on one bad game but overall, he is one of the top corners in the league.

Over-rated. Anyone care to argue that with me again?

484509[/snapback]

I will.  I think he's a solid shut-down corner.  Problem is that both cornerbacks, throughout the game, were playing 10-15 yards off the receiver and it was almost as though they were guarding against the deep ball. I was at the game, sat in the 2nd row and noticed this on each and every play.

It's easy to bash Clements on one bad game but overall, he is one of the top corners in the league.

484514[/snapback]

What's he done this year, in a contract year?

ZIP.

I will.  I think he's a solid shut-down corner.  Problem is that both cornerbacks, throughout the game, were playing 10-15 yards off the receiver and it was almost as though they were guarding against the deep ball. I was at the game, sat in the 2nd row and noticed this on each and every play.

484514[/snapback]

Yes, one of the best CBs in the league, but not worth what it will cost to keep him -- esp. when it's obvious how many other crying needs this team has.

I was at the game yesterday...Clements was beat like a drum all day except for the jump ball coverage on Moss in the end zone.

484521[/snapback]

That play could've easily been called interference. Clements had both hands all over Moss before he jumped and swatted the pass away. I'm surprised a receiver of his "stature" did not get that call.

No pressure on the QB don't help. Our D-line is a bunch of pussies.

How does a CB defend a perfect pass to a receiver? You can't defend a perfect pass in the NFL espically to the #1 receiver in the NFL.

Don't blame this loss on Nate for gawds sake.

That play could've easily been called interference.  Clements had both hands all over Moss before he jumped and swatted the pass away.  I'm surprised a receiver of his "stature" did not get that call.

484525[/snapback]

Thought the same thing. If that was the Bills on offence, we would all be crying bloody murder not getting that call

It seems to me that we send the house and still don't get pressure......leaving the CB's on an island....they have

no choice but to play off the man....

I would have loved for Nate to hammer Moss everytime off

the snap....but what do I know...

It seems to me that we send the house and still don't get pressure......leaving the CB's on an island....they have

no choice but to play off the man....

bingo. When your safties are blitzing every other down and you have no help over the top it makes it tough to play press coverage. If they would have gotten beat off the line and go 80 yds. you all would be bitching about that. As noted, the real problem is the lack of pass rush. They have to constantly blitz and they still don't get to the qb. The problem isn't the corners. They are both more than capable.