Go Sabres!

BuffalOhio

yeah, i have been waiting for the wheels to fall off there also, but the fact that we are leading the nhl in shots on goal is not only a good sign, but downright astonishing, when you consider what a tough time we've had creating shots in the past.

i hope everyone within an hour of rochester will consider buying a ticket for the beating we're gonna put on the caps this week!! :lol:

I live around DC and the Caps are fielding one of the worst NHL teams that i've seen in years. They are like an expansion team and get outshot seemingly 45-19 every game. I sure hope the Sabres don't take them lightly. They should be able to pound Washington at home.

Obviously the players are getting it done on the ice, but some high-fives need to be thrown to Quinn, Darcy, and Ruff for anticipating what the game would be like with the rule changes. When the free agents were signing like crazy, it seemed like the Sabres were being their typical cheap selves. But they were confident with their roster, and now they are well-positioned with a good, fast, young team that is about $12 mil under the cap.

Speaks well for the coaching staff that the Sabres are the least penalized team in the NHL right now, especially when the power play is how many teams are making a living. The coaches have obviously worked hard on defensive positioning and discipline.

Obviously the players are getting it done on the ice, but some high-fives need to be thrown to Quinn, Darcy, and Ruff for anticipating what the game would be like with the rule changes.  When the free agents were signing like crazy, it seemed like the Sabres were being their typical cheap selves.  But they were confident with their roster, and now they are well-positioned with a good, fast, young team that is about $12 mil under the cap.

Speaks well for the coaching staff that the Sabres are the least penalized team in the NHL right now, especially when the power play is how many teams are making a living.  The coaches have obviously worked hard on defensive positioning and discipline.

484437[/snapback]

Personally i've always been a Ruff fan and Regier should be thanked every day for somehow getting Briere for that stiff Gratton. That was one of the all timers,,, (i suppose getting Hasek for a nobody was a bit better!)

I live around DC and the Caps are fielding one of the worst NHL teams that i've seen in years.  They are like an expansion team and get outshot seemingly 45-19 every game.  I sure hope the Sabres don't take them lightly.  They should be able to pound Washington at home.

484402[/snapback]

Their future is in very good hands with Ovechkin though. At least they've got one thing going for them.

Personally i've always been a Ruff fan and Regier should be thanked every day for somehow getting Briere for that stiff Gratton.  That was one of the all timers,,, (i suppose getting Hasek for a nobody was a bit better!)

484500[/snapback]

Too bad we had to let him go for nobody. :lol:

The Sabres are built for the new rules....

I realy think we've got a good shot this

year....

Miller has realy shown me something....

I love Briere and everytime I see him

I think that we got him for Gratton!!!

Gratton!! are you kidding me....Briere

reminds me of Pat Lafontaine....

Go Sabres!!!!

The Sabres are built for the new rules....

I realy think we've got a good shot this

year....

Miller has realy shown me something....

I love Briere and everytime I see him

I think that we got him for Gratton!!! 

Gratton!! are you kidding me....Briere

reminds me of Pat Lafontaine....

Go Sabres!!!!

484538[/snapback]

I'm not going to get carried with this team yet. I think they are good but Playoffs are about goaltending and Miller is not NHL playoff tested. :lol:

i know vanek and drury are going to start lighting it up "any day now," but how great would it have been if we'd signed petr bondra to finish some of these great scoring chances we've been generating?

484563[/snapback]

Nice I guess but hired guns like that can often create more problems than they solve. Like Miro.