What's the answer to this enigma?

AKC

Why are there only 100 views of Lori's EXCELLENT Raider's Bill's Preview?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Why are there only 100 views of Lori's EXCELLENT Raider's Bill's Preview?

• Pinned topics go unnoticed by most users of TSW
    • There are only 100 fans using this message board
    • Fans are looking past the Raider game to NE
    • There's no reference to Retatta or Cowbells in Lori's Title

I wasn't taking a shot at her at all. My main point was "who cares". But I have also seen people get tossed.

The thing about "respect" around here is funny. Apparently, Lori deserves a whole ton of it (and believe me, I'm not saying she doesn't). But when everyone says "thou must respect Lori" you are basically saying there are alot of other people that CAN be disrespected without any resprocussion (and it happens every day). No, I am not saying I am one of those people whom deserve respect. But why shouldn't the same rules apply to respecting, oh say, Fezmid, duey, AussieW, Poojer, etc, etc.

I'm 100% for always treading softly when dealing with Lori, as many members (rightfully so) respect her. But just because many people know her well enough to show her that respect, does that not mean that others (who aren't known as 'real people' outside of TBD)  aren't deserving of the same defense that she is?

I could crap on an entire "Losman/Holcomb" thread with how much Fezmid is a moron, and rarely will anything happen. Does he not deserve the same "respect"?

(Sorry Fez, for using you as an example).

Now, off to View Lori's thread 150 times so the point of this thread is made moot.

482223[/snapback]

People get shitt around here because of something they said or did, or continually say or do. You may not agree with that person getting so much shitt but it is never ever ever totally unwarranted. Why would it be? Because some cabal just decided we'll abuse someone for no reason? Furthermore, it's perfectly fine to contradict or abuse Lori whenever you or anyone else wishes. She is not immune or sacrosanct. I double dare you, of course, because she'll murder you. But people don't disrespect Lori because she is above disrespect by birthright, it's because it's hard to argue with most of her posts. Perhaps because she actually backs them up with sound reason, original thought, applicable statistics, and context. But maybe all that kinda stuff is foreign to you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People get shitt around here because of something they said or did, or continually say or do. You may not agree with that person getting so much shitt but it is never ever ever totally unwarranted. Why would it be? Because some cabal just decided we'll abuse someone for no reason? Furthermore, it's perfectly fine to contradict or abuse Lori whenever you or anyone else wishes. She is not immune or sacrosanct. I double dare you, of course, because she'll murder you. But people don't disrespect Lori because she is above disrespect by birthright, it's because it's hard to argue with most of her posts. Perhaps because she actually backs them up with sound reason, original thought, applicable statistics, and context. But maybe all that kinda stuff is foreign to you.

482239[/snapback]

I'm not so sure she'll murder the person in question, but everybody else will. There are lots of "clicks" on this board and the moment you cross one person everybody from that "click" will jump on you.

Lori, however, has no single “click”. She is the Ferris Bueller of TWS; She’s very popular. The sportoes, sluts, bloods, geeks, wasteoids, dweebies, d*ckheads, they all adore her. They think she's a righteous dude.

I'm not so sure she'll murder the person in question, but everybody else will.  There are lots of "clicks" on this board and the moment you cross one person everybody from that "click" will jump on you. 

Lori, however, has no single “click”.  She is the Ferris Bueller of TWS; She’s very popular.  The sportoes, sluts, bloods, geeks, wasteoids, dweebies, d*ckheads, they all adore her. They think she's a righteous dude.

482242[/snapback]

Oh, you mean like the rest of the entire world and every place in it is not exactly like that? Like I said, people don't irrationally stick up for her. They don't spout off incoherent theories why something specific she says is right when someone disputed it. I don't know anyone here whatsoever who would badmouth anyone, even BF or ICE or anyone in the Wall of Shame that contradicted Lori if it had any merit to it at all. People don't like her here for no reason, or because she's been here awhile or because she's a woman or because she'll one of the "clicks"(sic). Posters new and old like her because her posts are usually no-nonsense good.

I'm not so sure she'll murder the person in question, but everybody else will.  There are lots of "clicks" on this board and the moment you cross one person everybody from that "click" will jump on you. 

Lori, however, has no single “click”.  She is the Ferris Bueller of TWS; She’s very popular.  The sportoes, sluts, bloods, geeks, wasteoids, dweebies, d*ckheads, they all adore her. They think she's a righteous dude.

482242[/snapback]

Don't forget about the homos like erynthered, T-80, and VABills...

Oh, you mean like the rest of the entire world and every place in it is not exactly like that? Like I said, people don't irrationally stick up for her. They don't spout off incoherent theories why something specific she says is right when someone disputed it. I don't know anyone here whatsoever who would badmouth anyone, even BF or ICE or anyone in the Wall of Shame that contradicted Lori if it had any merit to it at all. People don't like her here for no reason, or because she's been here awhile or because she's a woman or because she'll one of the "clicks"(sic). Posters new and old like her because her posts are usually no-nonsense good.

482247[/snapback]

Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus.

Because there is no chance to discuss reality TV shows or start intelligent polls, such as  " What's your favorite jello ? "

482302[/snapback]

It's THAT kind of disrespect that leads to getting banned!

I've never met anyone here in person. (Well, except for Scott almost 20 years ago...) Lori knows her stuff better than most media people, and is just one of those posters you keep an eye out for. After reading what she writes, more often than not I'm thinking, wow, that was great!

Simon, AKC and a few others do excellent post game stuff. Lori does the pre-game.

I've never met anyone here in person.  (Well, except for Scott almost 20 years ago...)  Lori knows her stuff better than most media people, and is just one of those posters you keep an eye out for.  After reading what she writes, more often than not I'm thinking, wow, that was great!

Simon, AKC and a few others do excellent post game stuff.  Lori does the pre-game.

482404[/snapback]

Ahem... Mark VI, and Kelly the Fox News Loving Dog.