Patriots...by 30.

inkman

Wasn't calling you names, but if I were, I'd call you a doomsday quitter because it's one thing to remain cautious about our team's ability to beat the Pats in Foxboro, but it's another to quickly and embarrassingly just say "Well, we're gonna lose and we're gonna get our ass kicked," let alone saying it TWO FREAKING WEEKS before we even play them.

Bruschi could have another stroke. Brady could get in a car wreck. Jerman could finally learn how to block. ANYTHING can happen between now and then, and to immediately say it'll be a bloodbath shows no balls whatsoever.

If you can't walk into a single opportunity...and that's what this is, an opportunity...without already having assured yourself you're going to lose, then you have, in fact, lost.

And that makes you a doomsday quitter.

480427[/snapback]

Ok, here is where you are wrong. I do feel like the Bills can win this week as I did last week. What I don't do is go blabbing my mouth to everyone I about how great my team is and they are going to kick everybody's ass. BUT THE FREAKING PATRIOTS WON'T LOSE TO US. Belicheck will dream up some ridiculous gameplan that our coaches will have no idea how to counter act. Not to mention the fact that the BILLS DO HAVE A HORRIBLE PRIMETIME RECORD. With Teddy Bruschi coming back (assuming he does play), all the momentum and emotion will provide the Pats with a giant Tidal Wave of emotion to ride all over the top of us.

If you can't walk into a single opportunity...and that's what this is, an opportunity...without already having assured yourself you're going to lose, then you have, in fact, lost.

Sun Tzu's "The Art of War:" "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Ok, here is where you are wrong.  I do feel like the Bills can win this week as I did last week.  What I don't do is go blabbing my mouth to everyone I  about how great my team is and they are going to kick everybody's ass.  BUT THE FREAKING PATRIOTS WON'T LOSE TO US.  Belicheck will dream up some ridiculous gameplan that our coaches will have no idea how to counter act.  Not to mention the fact that the BILLS DO HAVE A HORRIBLE PRIMETIME RECORD.  With Teddy Bruschi coming back (assuming he does play), all the momentum and emotion will provide the Pats with a giant Tidal Wave of emotion to ride all over the top of us.

480452[/snapback]

Since when is the BS I spew about stupid sports teams the definition of my character. I would like to think that "real life" situations invloving my wife and step-child would be the actual defining moments of my life but you seem to be the authority around here, so I guess whatever garbage I'm saying right now will forever brand me a loser. :D

Ok, here is where you are wrong.  I do feel like the Bills can win this week as I did last week.  What I don't do is go blabbing my mouth to everyone I  about how great my team is and they are going to kick everybody's ass.  BUT THE FREAKING PATRIOTS WON'T LOSE TO US.  Belicheck will dream up some ridiculous gameplan that our coaches will have no idea how to counter act.  Not to mention the fact that the BILLS DO HAVE A HORRIBLE PRIMETIME RECORD.  With Teddy Bruschi coming back (assuming he does play), all the momentum and emotion will provide the Pats with a giant Tidal Wave of emotion to ride all over the top of us.

480452[/snapback]

I'm not sure where you're reading ANYONE here blabbing about how great this team is. If anything, it's just the opposite. People like yourself are SURE we're not going to win certain matchups and they're SURE we still have areas that need to be addressed. People here are scanning the wires as I type this, looking for free agents to plug into our OL.

Don't confuse people yelling "I told you Holcomb was the answer" with people yelling "We're gonna kick your ass," because most every person here worries about every game, week in and week out. There's not an opening kickoff that takes place this year where a knowledgeable Bills fan doesn't taste a little puke in the back of their throat for what might be coming.

However, to adamantly say THE FREAKING PATRIOTS WON'T LOSE TO US is on the same level as saying that making a certain bet likes Bills under 33 1/2 is the stone-cold lock of the week.

I'm going to say right now, that I don't think this game is a blow out. Once the Bills caught their stride last year the only teams that beat them were aggressive good defensive teams. Unless Bruschi comes back in mid season form, the pats d is on the decline. That Denver game was the type of game where the pats would have won the last few years. The come back that fell short reminded me of other great dynasty champs like the Steelers in their 7-9 year.... You see the glimpses of greatness, but the ability to get over the top isn't there anymore.

I said in another thread, the bills can come out and get a huge monkey off their backs and deal the pats a big time blow. The next game for the pats is against the colts. If they fall to the bills the wheels might come off.

I know we play the pats in their house on primetime and I know the history, but they are weaker and Bledsoe is gone. I don't expect Holcomb to choke or feel the pressure bledsoe did to beat the pats. So please don't right off this team yet.

480452[/snapback]

No you wouldn't say that but your Bizzaro world counterpart would.

You on the other hand are out "blabbing your mouth to everyone about how bad your team is and that the Pats will kick our ass."

Classic self denial.

By the time they get to this game Belicheck will have had three weeks of film on Holcomb starting, and two weeks to prepare. They'll stack the line against Willis, and make it so Holcomb will have to beat them. Can the Bills win this game? Absolutely. But even against the quickly sinking Good-Ship "Dynasty" captained by a slightly better than mediocre QB :D , they'll have to play a hell of a game.

That Oakland game is pretty huge, to tell you the truth. They need to prove to themselves that they can win a game on the road. They can't go into The Tampon on a Sunday night after a road loss and a 3-4 record. That would put too much pressure on them to win that game. If anything, the Oakland game is the bigger of the two for this team.

Since when is the BS I spew about stupid sports teams the definition of my character.  I would like to think that "real life" situations invloving my wife and step-child would be the actual defining moments of my life but you seem to be the authority around here, so I guess whatever garbage I'm saying right now will forever brand me a loser.  :D

480465[/snapback]

No branding here, inkman. :doh:

Somebody, I forget who it was, a while back sagely observed that this is just a 2-dimensional CRT or LCD screen.

By the time they get to this game Belicheck will have had three weeks of film on Holcomb starting, and two weeks to prepare.  They'll stack the line against Willis, and make it so Holcomb will have to beat them.  Can the Bills win this game?  Absolutely.  But even against the quickly sinking Good-Ship "Dynasty" captained by a slightly better than mediocre QB  :D , they'll have to play a hell of a game. 

That Oakland game is pretty huge, to tell you the truth.  They need to prove to themselves that they can win a game on the road.  They can't go into The Tampon on a Sunday night after a road loss and a 3-4 record.  That would put too much pressure on them to win that game.  If anything, the Oakland game is the bigger of the two for this team.

480589[/snapback]

Agreed. Also, I believe the way to beat Oakland is short to intermediate passing to the tight ends and backs. There LB's are huge and slow. Maybe some success doing hurry up offense with fat Ted and Warren clogging up the middle. They look out of shape walking out of the tunnel. :doh:

This assumes your offense can score 30 points.  Brady and company have trouble scoring over 17. (without help from the ever-friendly refs) 

While I agree the Bills manage to get hosed in Foxboro, making victory unlikely, I would remind you that your beloved Patriots are not blowing the doors off the NFL anymore.  It seems the losses of your coordinators and injuries, which your fellow Patsy ballwashers laughed off, are having a major effect.

So beware to those who talk trash with a 3-3 ballclub heading south.  They will be crying the blues before too long.

PTR

480396[/snapback]

Heading South, How so when we have a clear path to the AFC East championship?

Will the Jets challenge us? Nope

Will the Dolphins challenge us? Nope

Will the Bills challenge us? Despite how many of you think to the contrary, a big fat NOPE.

I'm with you thinking the Bills will lose, but by 30?  Come on man!  That's beyond ridiculous, it's ludicrous.  And the Bills will beat Oakland, Moss or not. 

Oh and BTW, great post, LA!

480412[/snapback]

I guess I just have too many memories of us going into Pitt, KC and NE during primetime and getting worked for 60 min. That gut wrenching loss at the end of last year doesn't help much either. I've never felt like that after a loss.

I guess I just have too many memories of us going into Pitt, KC and NE during primetime and getting worked for 60 min.  That gut wrenching loss at the end of last year doesn't help much either.  I've never felt like that after a loss.

Yeah, I know. Same here. But the Raiders are NOT the Steelers, and they were a bad team BEFORE Moss got hurt. In their lone win (against the Cowboys), Moss had over 120 yards receiving, and Jordan had over 100 yards rushing. Take away Moss and they have nothing. And their defense is bad.

Yeah, I know.  Same here.  But the Raiders are NOT the Steelers, and they were a bad team BEFORE Moss got hurt.  In their lone win (against the Cowboys), Moss had over 120 yards receiving, and Jordan had over 100 yards rushing.  Take away Moss and they have nothing.  And their defense is bad.

480693[/snapback]

Everything would point to Buffalo success but I can't feel comfortable with this team yet especially on the road. We'll see. :ph34r:

Agreed.  Also, I believe the way to beat Oakland is short to intermediate passing to the tight ends and backs.  There LB's are huge and slow.  Maybe some success doing hurry up offense with fat Ted and Warren clogging up the middle.  They look out of shape walking out of the tunnel.  :ph34r:

480600[/snapback]

This game is important to win psychologically for the Bills. Get the road win monkey and the Raiders monkey off of their backs and they will have confidence for the NE game.