Trades

VABills

Seemed to be several "semi-big" ones.

Rattay from San Fran to TB for draft pick. - I don't know why TB needs another QB

Fish trade Feely and 7th rounder for Cleo Lemon. - Who the hell is Cleo Lemon? And didn't the fish get Feeley last year for a 2nd? Wow, he sure has gone down in value.

Chargers trade Tony Finoii to the Sex Party (Minny) for a late round draft pick. ??? Again who and why

Rattay from San Fran to TB for draft pick.  - I don't know why TB needs another QB

Fish trade Feely and 7th rounder for Cleo Lemon.  - Who the hell is Cleo Lemon?  And didn't the fish get Feeley last year for a 2nd?  Wow, he sure has gone down in value.

479969[/snapback]

Greise is out with an ACL injury. Tampa Bay needed someone. I'm just surprised that they didn't do something with Miami for Feeley.

:(

Rattay from San Fran to TB for draft pick.  - I don't know why TB needs another QB

Fish trade Feely and 7th rounder for Cleo Lemon.  - Who the hell is Cleo Lemon?  And didn't the fish get Feeley last year for a 2nd?  Wow, he sure has gone down in value.

Chargers trade Tony Finoii to the Sex Party (Minny) for a late round draft pick.  ??? Again who and why

479969[/snapback]

From the San Diego Chargers Team site:

Cleo Lemon - "There is no bio for this player." :blush::lol::D

Chargers trade Tony Finoii to the Sex Party (Minny) for a late round draft pick.  ??? Again who and why

479969[/snapback]

I guess SD wants Feely to back up Brees. Wonder where Phillip Rivers ends up next year?

479969[/snapback]

Next question: who else does SF have to back up Alex Smith? With Rattay gone, the depth chart lists Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett. Their NFL stats:

Dorsey 123-226, 1232 yards, 6 TD, 9 INT, 62.4 passer rating

Pickett 4-10, 55 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 18.8 passer rating

Smith's numbers: 15-34, 108 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT, 12.5 passer rating

"With the first pick of the 2006 draft, the San Francisco 49ers select..."

Greise is out with an ACL injury. Tampa Bay needed someone. I'm just surprised that they didn't do something with Miami for Feeley.

480002[/snapback]

Tim Rattay knows the West Coast Offense....the style run by Tampa Bay...plus

he has more nfl starts than Feely...and he was on the bench only because

49ers wanted to WISELY mature their investment in Alex Smith.

479969[/snapback]

Everyone seems focused on the Chargers and Feely but I think the craziest thing about this trade is Feely wasn't even worth Lemon (a QB no one has heard of) straight up. The Dolphins had to also throw in a 7th rounder. The speculation is that the Chargers are getting Feely to be the backup so they can trade Rivers. But they think so poorly of Feely that they wanted a 7th rounder in addition to give up Lemon? A really weird trade in my opinion.

Everyone seems focused on the Chargers and Feely but I think the craziest thing about this trade is Feely wasn't even worth Lemon (a QB no one has heard of) straight up.  The Dolphins had to also throw in a 7th rounder. The speculation is that the Chargers are getting Feely to be the backup so they can trade Rivers.  But they think so poorly of Feely that they wanted a 7th rounder in addition to give up Lemon?  A really weird trade in my opinion.

480431[/snapback]

Not sure how salaries work exactly, but maybe 'Fins make a big savings with Lemon and feel he has equal talent, more upside? Just guesses.

479969[/snapback]

Fonoti (I'm guessing that's who you meant) is actually a pretty good guard, when he's healthy. If he can remain healthy, the Vikes picked up a nice addition for their O line.

Why? Yeah, why would anyone want to make any moves in regard to their OL, huh?

Is Fonoti healthy?  Is he an upgrade over Anderson or Villarrial?

480533[/snapback]

if fonoti is healthy he is a BIG upgrade over bennie (who isn't?)

downside with fonoti isn't just his health though -- he's a free agent after this season.........

So the Dols traded one Lemon for another? :doh:  :D

480505[/snapback]

Gee, you think that one up by yourself, or did TD help?

Actually, Im quite dissapointed too. I have NO IDEA who Lemon is, but I got this off NFL.com

There's a similar situation in San Diego where the Chargers invested heavily in Philip Rivers, but have watched undrafted free agent Cleo Lemon from Arkansas State outplay him this summer.

Rivers has had a good summer; Lemon a great one. Lemon completed 34 of 49 passes for 369 yards, three touchdowns, no interceptions and a 111.7 quarterback rating. Rivers complete 35 of 55 passes for 276 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions and a 73.0 rating.

I wonder how the NFL arrived at this 6th week trading deadline. I know that they don't want the weak clubs dumping players to the strong at the end of the season ala baseball, but I'd guess that most of us get a bunch of enjoyment in working out the intrigue and possibilities that trades provide.

I can't see the harm of extending it a few weeks - contracts and caps would seem to be a safeguard against any fire sales.

2 cents.

Gee, you think that one up by yourself, or did TD help?

No, by myself.

Actually, Im quite dissapointed too. I have NO IDEA who Lemon is, but I got this off NFL.com

Against future fast-food workers. And I heard Pats fans talk-up Matt Cassell because of his pre-season. I heard on ProFootballTalk.com that the Dols view him as a "steal" and think he can start for them in 2006. Now THAT is pretty frickin' scary (for you).

if fonoti is healthy he is a BIG upgrade over bennie (who isn't?)

downside with fonoti isn't just his health though -- he's a free agent after this season.........

480556[/snapback]

Actually that depends what you are looking for. Based on what I've seen Bennie is one of the better run blockers in the league , while at the same time being one of the poorer pass blockers in the league.

No, by myself.

Against future fast-food workers.  And I heard Pats fans talk-up Matt Cassell because of his pre-season.  I heard on ProFootballTalk.com that the Dols view him as a "steal" and think he can start for them in 2006.  Now THAT is pretty frickin' scary (for you).

480607[/snapback]

The 'felons will go to the ends of the earth to prove they didnt get completely hosed in the feely for a 2nd rounder trade, so take their opinion with a grain of salt...

The 'felons will go to the ends of the earth to prove they didnt get completely hosed in the feely for a 2nd rounder trade, so take their opinion with a grain of salt...

480619[/snapback]

Not me. The Feely trade may ultimately go down as one of the worse trades in the team history. a high 2nd rounder, for a player that didnt even start for a complete season, sent packing with another draft pick for a nobody, and we still never got to see Mrs. Feely (Heather Mitts) in a bikini.

well.... here ya go.