Do the Chargers got a tarde brewing?

Chargers | Feeley Acquired from Dolphins

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:22:04 -0700

ESPN reports the San Diego Chargers have acquired QB A.J. Feeley from the Miami Dolphins.

Why the hell would they acquire Feeley if they didn't plan on moving either Rivers or Brees?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno but there is still like 7 1/2 hours left til the trade deadline I think( maybe wrong).

The only teams I see needing a QB are:

Jets

Dolfags

Bucs (griese is done for the year)

Ravens (they need a spark)

Browns (Dilfer may not be the answer)

Cards (Denny cant keep running the qb carousel)

Can't think of any others at the moment.

Dunno but there is still like 7 1/2 hours left til the trade deadline I think( maybe wrong).

Jets

Dolfags

479700[/snapback]

The Bills? :(

Dolphins | Lemon and Draft Choice Acquired from San Diego

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:36:53 -0700

ESPNews reports the Miami Dolphins have obtained QB Cleo Lemon and an undisclosed draft choice from the San Diego Chargers for backup QB A.J. Feeley.

Dolphins | Lemon and Draft Choice Acquired from San Diego

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:36:53 -0700

ESPNews reports the Miami Dolphins have obtained QB Cleo Lemon and an undisclosed draft choice from the San Diego Chargers for backup QB A.J. Feeley.

479713[/snapback]

Do you think the Fins got their second-rounder back? :(:blush::lol:

Jets

Dolfags

479700[/snapback]

If we take your list and assume that Rivers gets traded, not Brees, what team would/could it be?

It probably wouldn't be the fish or else it would already be done.

It is probably not a team in contention unless they are very desperate. Rivers will likely struggle for a while before clicking. I would imagine that if the Chargers traded him to a lower level team they would take a draft pick, but might look for a player from a contender, especially and AFC contender. I don't know the Chargers current list of needs.

The Bucs are deperate, but would Rivers get them any more than Simms? I doubt it.

The Jets have almost got to be coming to grips with a bad 05. I can see them going after Rivers only if they know Pennington is toast for good (so maybe, but doubtful).

The Ravens aren't contending but might be stupid enough to think they are. Maybe but doubtful.

To me, this leaves the Browns and the Cards. Either one fits. Maybe the Browns moreso.

Of course it could be Rivers for Flutie straight up.

Jets

Dolfags

479700[/snapback]

Not the Browns, Charlie Frye is the future of that team. Not the Bucs, Chris Simms is their future. I doubt the Cards since they never seem able to do anything intellegent. Not the phins, they would have included Rivers in the trade already.

My money is on either the Jests or Ravens.

Lions are another option. I'm sure they are sick of Harrington.

Raiders are another outside option, but they too seem to stupid to know they need a good young QB.

Last option I can think of is the Bears. But who knows, maybe they like Orton.

Not the Browns, Charlie Frye is the future of that team. Not the Bucs, Chris Simms is their future. I doubt the Cards since they never seem able to do anything intellegent. Not the phins, they would have included Rivers in the trade already.

My money is on either the Jests or Ravens.

Lions are another option. I'm sure they are sick of Harrington.

Raiders are another outside option, but they too seem to stupid to know they need a good young QB.

479724[/snapback]

I forgot about the Lions. Ol Joey is in Marriuci's doghouse

Hahaha!!! 

Is Philip Rivers overrated?

479733[/snapback]

Is he rated at all? I always thought he was over-valued coming out of college (I had JP well ahead of him talent-wise)...but, he's the invisible man now. What's amusing is because of all the Eli/New York stuff, Rivers really had a lot of public support (because he WASN'T Eli). But the holding out really screwed him, IMO. He lost the job that was almost sure to be his. Lost public support...and now he's the forgotten man.

I wonder, on Charger boards do posters ask questions like, "When do we NEED to start PR?" Or say, "I'd rather lose this year with Rivers, because it will be better in the long run"?

(l don't wonder that much though, or I would go look at a Chargers board.) :(

Buccaneers | Rattay Acquired from San Francisco

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:02:39 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have acquired QB Tim Rattay from the San Francisco 49ers for a conditional draft choice.

I guess the Bucs are out of this race!!!