marsha brady

JAMIEBUF12

I don't see anybody questioning his skill on the field. He is easily one of the top 3 QBs ever and will go down as the best when everything is said and done. That doesn't change the fact that we as Bills fans think he is a Rainbow Trooper.

478997[/snapback]

If Peyton Manning wins one or two Superbowls, everyone will remember Brady as a product of a good system. Especially if they don't win another one without Charlie Weis. He's a system QB, that makes good decisions within a system. When the talent level dropped around him, witness Sunday vs. Denver, he looked very amateur. They were only in that game at the end because Shannahan sat on a 25 point lead for two quarters. Flame away Patriot fan a-holes.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Peyton Manning wins one or two Superbowls, everyone will remember Brady as a product of a good system.  Especially if they don't win another one without Charlie Weis.  He's a system QB, that makes good decisions within a system.  When the talent level dropped around him, witness Sunday vs. Denver, he looked very amateur.  They were only in that game at the end because Shannahan sat on a 25 point lead for two quarters.  Flame away Patriot fan a-holes.

You have just been added to the official HD "troll" list. I'm sure you're as dismayed as I was.

If Peyton Manning wins one or two Superbowls, everyone will remember Brady as a product of a good system.  Especially if they don't win another one without Charlie Weis.  He's a system QB, that makes good decisions within a system.  When the talent level dropped around him, witness Sunday vs. Denver, he looked very amateur.  They were only in that game at the end because Shannahan sat on a 25 point lead for two quarters.  Flame away Patriot fan a-holes.

479016[/snapback]

Then explain to us why no other QB could win a Super Bowl with that team under that system? And why has no other NFL team in a notorious copycat league been able to reproduce that magical "system"?

Then explain to us why no other QB could win a Super Bowl with that team under that system?      And why has no other NFL team in a notorious copycat league been able to reproduce that magical "system"?

479329[/snapback]

The only other QB that was tried in that system was Bledsoe, who everyone agrees could not manage the game well. You don't think any other QB could be plugged into that thing over those four years and not accomplish the same thing? Or be just as effective? How many times has Brady been asked to carry his team? The defense, or Vinitieri, or Walt Coleman bails him out almost every time.

Look, is he a good QB? Absolutely. But is he as great as you think he is? I don't believe so.

The only other QB that was tried in that system was Bledsoe, who everyone agrees could not manage the game well.  You don't think any other QB could be plugged into that thing over those four years and not accomplish the same thing? Or be just as effective?  How many times has Brady been asked to carry his team? The defense, or Vinitieri, or Walt Coleman bails him out almost every time.

Look, is he a good QB?  Absolutely.  But is he as great as you think he is?  I don't believe so.

Bledsoe beat the Steelers in the AFCCG, didn't he? That was a big game, right? And his output was no different than Brady's in the SB a week later, if not that it was a neutral field and the Rams didn't have as good a defense as the Steelers.

The only other QB that was tried in that system was Bledsoe, who everyone agrees could not manage the game well.

Bledsoe's managing the game pretty well in Dallas. He managed the game pretty well in '02 for you guys. He managed the game well in his early years with the Pats. I'm no Bledsoe fan, but the guy's a reasonably capable passer. He was pure crap in the Pats' almighty "system."

How's Brady doing this year without the "system?" Against an historically difficult schedule, he's leading the NFL in passing yards, has a 2-1 TD-INT ratio, and is posting a career high passer rating. All that without any help from the running game.

Bledsoe's managing the game pretty well in Dallas.  He managed the game pretty well in '02 for you guys.  He managed the game well in his early years with the Pats.  I'm no Bledsoe fan, but the guy's a reasonably capable passer.  He was pure crap in the Pats' almighty "system."

How's Brady doing this year without the "system?"  Against an historically difficult schedule, he's leading the NFL in passing yards, has a 2-1 TD-INT ratio, and is posting a career high passer rating.  All that without any help from the running game.

479695[/snapback]

brady is also leading his team to the same record as the team with the losman/holcomb 2-headed QB monster...not saying much for them is it?

Go Bills!

brady is also leading his team to the same record as the team with the losman/holcomb 2-headed QB monster...not saying much for them is it?

Go Bills!

479699[/snapback]

Shh... He's on the "tough schedule" kick. Heh. The Broncos beat the Pats, the Dolphins beat the Broncos, the Jets beat the Dolphins, and we beat the Jets and Dolphins.

But their schedule is "historically difficult" :(

Bledsoe's managing the game pretty well in Dallas.  He managed the game pretty well in '02 for you guys.  He managed the game well in his early years with the Pats.  I'm no Bledsoe fan, but the guy's a reasonably capable passer.  He was pure crap in the Pats' almighty "system."

479695[/snapback]

Go back and re-read the post. Bledsoe couldn't manage Charlie Weis' system. As for '02, I'd hardly call that season (8-8) a success. Judging his effectiveness this early in this season is absurd. The fact is, and I live in Boston, so I've unfortunately seen and heard it all, is that Weis and Belicheck couldn't wait to get rid of Bledsoe. It also took them a year to purge all that was wrong with that team from the Pete Carroll regime.

In the time since, Belicheck has stated time-and-time again at almost every press conference that they look for guys who can play in their system. I'm not making this crap up, man. I've had to listen to this for years.

How's Brady doing this year without the "system?"  Against an historically difficult schedule, he's leading the NFL in passing yards, has a 2-1 TD-INT ratio, and is posting a career high passer rating.  All that without any help from the running game.

Your team is 3-3, guy. When Parcells coached your squad he always said "You are what you are." Well, right now, your a .500 team. (And the combined records for the teams you played up until that point in the season was 17-11...hardly six straight weeks of the Steel Curtain). The Genius has stated for years that they don't need huge names to be an effective team. Brady was an effective member of a good system. Well, the architect of that offense...the one that put up Ws, not just stats, is gone.

I state again, Brady is a good system QB. But there are other QBs in this league who could do the same thing. Bledsoe couldn't. But a sample size of 2 is not good enough.

A good example is Denver's running game. Every single back they put in seems to rush for 150 yards a game. That's a good system. I'd hardly call any of those guys the best at their position, and as soon as they go to another team, with another system, they are mediocre or fail.

Bledsoe couldn't manage Charlie Weis' system.

So Bledsoe couldn't manage the "system."

And Brady's won 3 Super Bowls in the "system."

But it's the "system" that's great, not Brady?

I don't follow.

Belicheck has stated time-and-time again at almost every press conference that they look for guys who can play in their system.

Every team does that.

I'm not denying the that the Patriots run a specific system. All team run specific systems. But the Patriots' is no better than anyone else's. So far, two QBs have played in it. One sucked in it, the other excelled.

I state again, Brady is a good system QB.

I agree, he's a QB who plays in a system. There are 31 other system QBs out there, too.

He didn't?  I could have SWORN that was Bledsoe who entered the game just before the half, after Brady got hurt, and who was on the field at the end with the score 24-17, Pats.

That did indeed happen.

So who DID win the game?

The guy who started it.

Or more precisely, did Bledsoe do anything different than Brady did that season?

Certainly. I don't seem to remember Brady carelessly tossing the ball over his head while being sacked in '01.

I was going to retype my response but you/HD responded quicker than I thought.

That did indeed happen.

Okay.

The guy who started it.

How? He didn't score a single point in that game before getting injured (and obviously not AFTER getting injured). Without Bledsoe's 10 points, the Pats lose. I mean it's not like the ST's scored EVERY point that game.

Certainly.  I don't seem to remember Brady carelessly tossing the ball over his head while being sacked in '01.

Yeah, he just threw an incredibly stupid INT in the Panthers SB to spark their comeback. And Bledsoe had that "carelessly tossed" ball INT'd, right?

How?

Start game + team wins = credited with win.

Take it up with NFL recordkeepers.

Don't pretend that Bledsoe played well in that game, though. He didn't.

Yeah, he just threw an incredibly stupid INT in the Panthers SB to spark their comeback.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about Brady losing that game for the Pats. :blush:

Oh, wait... :lol::(

All I have to say is there was only one genius in NE. That one genius is now in Indiana. No one can question what CW has done with a mediocre Notre Dame team. It's also kinda funny to watch how similar NDs offense looks like NEs did.

Big bad Bill looks lost without his guys.