Fantasy Football Guys -

stevestojan

Havnt really studied any standouts that havnt been drafted. I remember last year A. Boldin was the guy to get after week one. Anyone have some names that might have been overlooked in a draft and played well? I could use RBs, or a backup QB.

34809[/snapback]

Jerome Bettis had 3 TDs, but someone else probably already took him...

I just grabbed Michael Bennett (RB from Minnesota) off of waivers. He won't be ready until week 3 or 4, but should be the starter at that time. If you have the roster spot, you might want to try picking him up.

CW

Jerome Bettis had 3 TDs, but someone else probably already took him...

I just grabbed Michael Bennett (RB from Minnesota) off of waivers.  He won't be ready until week 3 or 4, but should be the starter at that time.  If you have the roster spot, you might want to try picking him up.

CW

34813[/snapback]

Off of waivers?!? How was he not drafted? Even with his injury (which came in the last pre-season game) the guy should have been drafted in the 7th round or so.

Off of waivers?!?  How was he not drafted?  Even with his injury (which came in the last pre-season game) the guy should have been drafted in the 7th round or so.

34845[/snapback]

He was drafted, but someone cut him. Apparantly thought that he was out for the season or something? I don't know, but I'm not complaining... :D

CW

Who should be my starters? Also, Bettis is available in my league, should I cut someone to pick him up?

QB D. McNabb (Phi - QB) Min

WR E. Moulds (Buf - WR) @Oak

WR J. McCareins (NYJ - WR) @SD

WR M. Muhammad (Car - WR) @KC

RB P. Holmes (KC - RB) Car

RB T. Barber (NYG - RB) Was

TE T. Gonzalez (KC - TE) Car

Bench J. Porter (Oak - WR) Buf

Bench D. Bledsoe (Buf - QB) @Oak

Bench N W. McGahee (Buf - RB) @Oak

Bench N D. Terrell (Chi - WR) @GB

Bench N A. Gates (SD - TE) NYJ

K J. HallP (Was - K) @NYG

DEF Buffalo (Buf - DEF) @Oak

Bench Kansas City (KC - DEF) Car

I want to pick up the Bus to replace TJ Duckett - smart move??

34851[/snapback]

No. Bus is not going to get 3 TDs every weekend. Would you be excited about his 5 rushes for 1 yard? Dunn is injury prone, so Ducketts value will shoot up the charts when the inevitable takes place.

Havnt really studied any standouts that havnt been drafted. I remember last year A. Boldin was the guy to get after week one. Anyone have some names that might have been overlooked in a draft and played well? I could use RBs, or a backup QB.

34809[/snapback]

I believe M Clayton could turn out to be huge this year, and more then likely was on waivers after your draft.

Some people are giving up on Julius Jones too quickly. I think he will be the guy in Dallas before too long. Also look for Keary Colbert, a WR in Carolina who had a huge preseason. He will get more reps now, since Steve Smith is injured.

34847[/snapback]

Excellent point about Jones. I have him stashed away on my roster. With Priest Holmes and Taylor as my starters, I can hold on to Julius. No hurry on my part.

Steve, 2 WR's that were not mentioned yet come from a team that will pass all night next week. Look at Marcus Robinson and/or Nate Burleson MINN. Philly's Dbacks are on the smaller side. Red zone with Moss being covered by half the D gives Robinson a better jump ball chance against a small DB.

Others:

Tai Streets

Brandon Lloyd

David Givens

the list goes on and on....

WR's are deep.

RB, see if Dom Rhodes IND is out there. Edge fumbled twice last week. Rhodes is good in the red zone. Looked real strong against us in preseason too.

Good Luck!!!