John Murphy

Adam

Is it just me, or is he really good calling the game.

I'll always be a Van Miller fan, but I think the Murph does real well.

477183[/snapback]

He is really good. I also think that AVP is extremely good at color commentary - he actually talks about strategy of plays and makes good insights, instead of just being like "they knew htey had to pass so they passed" ala Madden.

He does his job rather well; better than Van did the last few years but he'll always be The Voice of the Bills in my eyes. 

AVP does better color than Murph did which is quite funny.

477337[/snapback]

All AVP and Murph have to do is work on their timing. AVP steps on Murph sometimes.

PTR

All AVP and Murph have to do is work on their timing.  AVP steps on Murph sometimes.

PTR

477362[/snapback]

There are lots of color guys who do that. If I'm a play-by-play guy I'd want to strangle my partner if he were one of those guys. Play-by-play guys live and dream about calling big plays. Color guys need to learn to shut up until the play is over.

His voice is real pro, and he has a sharp play calling cadence. I think he'll only get better as he gets more work.

477456[/snapback]

Not being in WNY anymore, I don't get to hear the radio play-calling. Do any of you know if it gets broadcast on the web, at some obscure location I don't have to PAY to hear?

Not being in WNY anymore, I don't get to hear the radio play-calling.  Do any of you know if it gets broadcast on the web, at some obscure location I don't have to PAY to hear?

477466[/snapback]

You'll have to pay...you can hear the hometown call on Sirius satellite radio. If you need details, PM Jack in Syracuse.

Not being in WNY anymore, I don't get to hear the radio play-calling.  Do any of you know if it gets broadcast on the web, at some obscure location I don't have to PAY to hear?

477466[/snapback]

Is $30/season really to much to pay to hear broadcasts of all games? Even those that have been archived from years past?

I'm going to be the voice of dissent. He's clueless. He sounds good as long as you don't match the broadcast to what's going on on the field. Two times I got really PO'd at him yesterday. 1st there was a Jet who dove & broke up a pass, a pretty good play. All Murph said was incomplete pass. Then later on one Holcomb interception, Murphy 1st called it an incomplete pass & then said flag down when it was the bag for the spot of the interception. I yelled out "Murph you're a moron" as I listened to the broadcast. Van may have gotten names wrong and stuff like this, but even in his seventies, Van saw the game a lot better than Murphy does. It's like he's making stuff up as he goes along, with no relation to the game he's broadcasting.