We need a winning streak!

BuckeyeBill

I am one of the optimistic people who believe that the Bills can (and should) make the playoffs this year. Many disagree, but that is not the point to this post.

Looking at the Bills schedule, our record, and what we need to be at by the end of the year to make the playoffs (probably 10-6), we need to get on a winning streak.

SCHEDULE (from which we must win 8 games)

JETS

OAK

N.E.

Bye

K.C.

S.D.

CAR

MIA

N.E.

DEN

CIN

JETS

I think our best chance to gain a 3 game winning streak is From CAR, Mia, and NE.

What do you think? Which games can we afford to lose, which must we win? Where do you think our critical winning streak (at least 3 games) will occur?

Here's my best guess on how the team will do the rest of the season.

Opponent W/L/T Record After Game Division Record Conf Record

Jets W 3-3-0 2-0-0 3-0-0

@ Raiders W 4-3-0 2-0-0 4-0-0

@ Patriots L 4-4-0 2-1-0 4-1-0

Chiefs W 5-4-0 2-1-0 5-1-0

@ Chargers L 5-5-0 2-1-0 5-2-0

Panthers W 6-5-0 2-1-0 5-2-0

@ Dolphins W 7-5-0 3-1-0 6-2-0

Patriots W 8-5-0 4-1-0 7-2-0

Broncos W 9-5-0 4-1-0 8-2-0

@Bengals L 9-6-0 4-1-0 8-3-0

@ Jets W 10-6-0 5-1-0 9-3-0

The Bills most critical game will be the rematch with the Dolphins, a win on the road against a division opponent will be crucial to the Bills maybe winning the AFC East or getting into the playoffs where their will most probably be a tie-breaker situation and conference record will be crucial.

In the AFC North the Bengals and Steelers will battle for the division title and the loser in the battle for a w/c

In the AFC South the Colts will win the division easily and the Jaguars may be in position for a w/c spot.

In the AFC West, San Diego and Denver will be battling for the title with the loser in the w/c picture.

In the AFC East the Bills will be battling with the Patriots for the division title and the other w/c.

I think the Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns, Titans, Texans, Chiefs and Raiders can hang it up for this season.

This leaves the Bills, Patriots, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars, Broncos & Chargers as viable playoff contenders.

Love to get your feedback on what I have projected.

I am one of the optimistic people who believe that the Bills can (and should) make the playoffs this year.  Many disagree, but that is not the point to this post.

Looking at the Bills schedule, our record, and what we need to be at by the end of the year to make the playoffs (probably 10-6), we need to get on a winning streak.

SCHEDULE (from which we must win 8 games)

JETS 

OAK 

N.E.

Bye

K.C.

S.D.

CAR

MIA

N.E.

DEN

CIN

JETS

I think our best chance to gain a 3 game winning streak is From CAR, Mia, and NE.

What do you think?  Which games can we afford to lose, which must we win?  Where do you think our critical winning streak (at least 3 games) will occur?

474972[/snapback]

We should beat the Jets and Oakland...that's 3 in a row.

475155[/snapback]

Agreed - after this three game stretch it will be hard to string more than two wins together. Hope everybody enjoyed last year's run while it was happening....