Would you make this trade?

Buftex

I am in a 12 team leauge. Talent is spread pretty thin. I think I am pretty solid at running back, with Willis McGahee, Carnell Williams, Thomas Jones, Kevin Jones and Frank Gore.

I am very thin at tight end. I have Ernie Conwell (Saints) and Jeb Putzier (Broncos).

I have proposed trading Carnell Williams to three different teams, for one of the following tight ends:

Algie Crumpler

Antonio Gates

Randy McMichael

My thinking is that while a good running back is valuable (we get a point for every 10 yards they rush for, 5 point bonus for topping 100, and 6 points for every td), I can only play two of them every week. I have to play one tight end every week. My current tight ends are good for 1 or 2 points each week. Crumpler, Gates and McMichael are good for 10-20 each week. Am I being a fool to trade a good running back for a tight end?

Any quick input is appreciated.

Okay, I pulled the trigger on another trade that came along my way. I just traded Carnell Williams and Marvin Harrison, for Steve Smith and Tony Gonzales....did I make a mistake? My reasoning was that I was trading a hot young stud for another (Carnell Williams for Steve Smith) and two under-achieving vets, who are usually near the top of their position (Marvin Harrison for Tony Gonzales). I really want some production from the tight end position, and find it hard to believe that Gonzales will be such a non-factor the whole season....did I make a mistake?

actually, if the colts keep winning, they won't have much to play for in the waning weeks which should keep harrison's #'s down

i'm pretty sure steve smith and the panthers will be fighting for their playoff lives so the ball will be going to their #1 guy

i dunno what the hell is going on in KC, but cadillac is supposedly in danger of getting burned out too soon

Okay, I pulled the trigger on another trade that came along my way.  I just traded Carnell Williams and Marvin Harrison, for Steve Smith and Tony Gonzales....did I make a mistake?  My reasoning was that I was trading a hot young stud for another (Carnell Williams for Steve Smith) and two under-achieving vets, who are usually near the top of their position (Marvin Harrison for Tony Gonzales).  I really want some production from the tight end position, and find it hard to believe that Gonzales will be such a non-factor the whole season....did I make a mistake?

475096[/snapback]

No. You needed a TE ad got a much better one and while Harrisons #s may be down a bit,you should make up more with Smith in there. No worries.

I like the move to get Steve Smith. And Tony G is a great upgrade. I have Caddy in one league and I love him--but I fear he's going to wear out. He's on pace to break the record for most carries in a season. So, overall, I like the trade.

That said, I think you're a bit overconfident re. your RB's. Thomas Jones is hurt and it could be a lot worse than the Bears are letting on. Kevin Jones is super inconsistent. (And I would dare you to start Frank Gore! :( )

That said, I think you're a bit overconfident re. your RB's. Thomas Jones is hurt and it could be a lot worse than the Bears are letting on. Kevin Jones is super inconsistent. (And I would dare you to start Frank Gore!  :( )

476405[/snapback]

It's a pretty damn good backfield for a 12 team league.

I like the move to get Steve Smith. And Tony G is a great upgrade. I have Caddy in one league and I love him--but I fear he's going to wear out. He's on pace to break the record for most carries in a season. So, overall, I like the trade.

That said, I think you're a bit overconfident re. your RB's. Thomas Jones is hurt and it could be a lot worse than the Bears are letting on. Kevin Jones is super inconsistent. (And I would dare you to start Frank Gore!  :huh: )

476405[/snapback]

I see your point. In a twelve man league though, I think my backfield is pretty solid. Thomas Jones, who I had last year too, is one of those "under the radar" fantasy guys. He is banged up, true, but I think he has been playing too well for the Bears to just out and out bench him in favor of Cedric Benson. I think too that Kevin Jones will become more productive, weekly, as Marriucci realizes that putting his teams fate in the hands of Joey Harrington. Gore, on the other hand, is one of those guys I took a chance on. He has been getting a few more carries each week, and hopefully, by the end of he season, he will emerge. If not, nothing lost. Of course, if McGahee goes down, I would be pretty screwed, but that is all part of the game...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.