Bills sign DT in place of injured Edwards!

The only thing is, we don't know who. They'll announce it later. It probably won't be anyone worth a damn, but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/?topic_id=13

I really wanted us to trade for disgruntled Grady Jackson  :blink:

474025[/snapback]

It is probably a PS replacement for Sape.

NOTE: Sape is on regular roster so they need a practice DT - it is replacing Sapster on PS not on team.

Edited by G. Host

Just found these interesting tid bits of information courtesy of that same page:

Stat Notes: Terrence McGee leads the NFL with a 34.6 kickoff return average, more than four yards better than the league’s second-best returner Williams Ponder of the New York Giants (30.1). The Bills defense remains first in passing yards allowed, yielding just 139 yards in the air through the first five games.

First Down Stats: Buffalo has rushed the ball 67 times on first down this season and has averaged 4.22 yards per rush. Through the air the Bills have gained 3.37 yards per play on 57 first-down plays.

The Bills defense remains first in passing yards allowed, yielding just 139 yards in the air through the first five games.

474043[/snapback]

Why pass when you can run all over the field? I don't expect to see Vinny think about throwing the ball until we stop Curtis Martin for at least a half on Sunday.

I'm sure he'll suck, just like the rest of the moves TD makes.

474042[/snapback]

you used to drop this complete waste of time and space post with a sarcastic tone.......after your recent negative comments regarding TD, i can't be sure it's still sarcastic.......

Why pass when you can run all over the field?  I don't expect to see Vinny think about throwing the ball until we stop Curtis Martin for at least a half on Sunday.

474056[/snapback]

True. While we're 11th overall on D and 1st in pass D, we're 31st in run D :blink: .

Also, we're 26th in 3rd down D :lol::lol:

you used to drop this complete waste of time and space post with a sarcastic tone.......after your recent negative comments regarding TD, i can't be sure it's still sarcastic.......

474067[/snapback]

Actually, I'm a fairly rational person. I, unlike other sheep on the board, can understand that people can do both good and bad things. Donahoe is about 60/40 good to bad right now, but on the decline.

It's sarcastic, because so many people need to see everything that coaches or donahoe do as bad, no matter what.

Well here's a short list of veteran DL it could be, not likely but possible. most of them are either old, damaged, or both.

Tim Bowens - if he's interested he'd be decent in a rotation

Antonio Cochran - formerly of Seattle

Cleditus Hunt - formerly of Green Bay

Norman Hand - same deal as Bowens

Wendell Bryant - not particularly stout against the run, former high #1 pick

Luther Elliss - solid when healthy, re-injured a pec in pre-season and got released. should be healed

Ellis Johnson - better as a nose tackle than DT but he's out there. concussion history

Well here's a short list of veteran DL it could be, not likely but possible.  most of them are either old, damaged, or both.

Tim Bowens - if he's interested he'd be decent in a rotation

Antonio Cochran - formerly of Seattle

Cleditus Hunt - formerly of Green Bay

Norman Hand - same deal as Bowens

Wendell Bryant - not particularly stout against the run, former high #1 pick

Luther Elliss - solid when healthy, re-injured a pec in pre-season and got released.  should be healed

Ellis Johnson - better as a nose tackle than DT but he's out there. concussion history

474081[/snapback]

i believe bowens retired and hunt is gone for the season.....