The Sabres Game was Great!

slothrop

That game was frickin' awesome! Though the OLN coverage (or the Crosby Show) was terrible.

How many Sabres shots went off the cross bar! Fleury was standing on his head, but he could not withstand what must have been about 40 shots on goal. Sabres win with 20 seconds left in overtime.

Great game! We don't need scores like, 6-5. We just need action like last night. I was on the edge of my seat all night.

That game was frickin' awesome! Though the OLN coverage (or the Crosby Show) was terrible.

How many Sabres shots went off the cross bar! Fleury was standing on his head, but he could not withstand what must have been about 40 shots on goal. Sabres win with 20 seconds left in overtime.

Great game! We don't need scores like, 6-5. We just need action like last night. I was on the edge of my seat all night.

472799[/snapback]

Agreed. With the pace, it felt like a playoff game.

472799[/snapback]

The guys on the local radio were talking about Vanek and how we played an awesome game for the Sabres -- but couldn't get the puck in the net like he should be able to. (he played for the Gophers).

CW

The guys on the local radio were talking about Vanek and how we played an awesome game for the Sabres -- but couldn't get the puck in the net like he should be able to. (he played for the Gophers).

CW

473021[/snapback]

He had issues w/ scoring at the beginning of the season last year for the Amerks, but by the time the season was over he had 42. Give him time, he'll find the net.

He had issues w/ scoring at the beginning of the season last year for the Amerks, but by the time the season was over he had 42.  Give him time, he'll find the net.

473054[/snapback]

I'm not doubting that. The guy was awesome in college (I'm a Minnesota alumni).

CW

I'm not doubting that.  The guy was awesome in college (I'm a Minnesota alumni).

CW

473104[/snapback]

He's been really good so far but hasn't been able to buy one. Once he gets the lid off the jar he's going to be fine. His first assist of the season was breathtaking (in a hockey kind of way).

I'm sure eventually he'll get around to looking behind the guy with the mask on carrying the big stick... :doh:

473245[/snapback]

He'd be one up on Zhitnik. He seems to prefer that REALLY big one above the boards. "What, I put puck in net, I dont get credit for goal for hitting that?"

He'd be one up on Zhitnik.  He seems to prefer that REALLY big one above the boards.  "What, I put puck in net, I dont get credit for goal for hitting that?"

473276[/snapback]

Still doing it on the Island too.

He's been really good so far but hasn't been able to buy one.  Once he gets the lid off the jar he's going to be fine.  His first assist of the season was breathtaking (in a hockey kind of way).

473227[/snapback]

Yeah, Mrs Campy thinks I rewind and watch that commercial over and over again because it's funny.

The "Awesome, hockey's back" girl is a hottie.

Yeah, Mrs Campy thinks I rewind and watch that commercial over and over again because it's funny. 

473283[/snapback]

And she likes hockey. The world needs more girls like that.

And she likes hockey.  The world needs more girls like that.

473310[/snapback]

It's pretty easy to get women to like hockey. Just take them to some games (alone) and spend time explaining the game. My wife had never been and is now nearly as die hard as I am (though she's more a Rangers' fan than Sabres because her first real season watching the game was 1994 and she really liked watching the Captain).

It's pretty easy to get women to like hockey.  Just take them to some games (alone) and spend time explaining the game.  My wife had never been and is now nearly as die hard as I am (though she's more a Rangers' fan than Sabres because her first real season watching the game was 1994 and she really liked watching the Captain).

473317[/snapback]

Just get CI and start flipping back and forth between a Sabres game and a Rangers game. When she sees how the Rangers games have the same pace as the "old" NHL, she should be willing to see the light.

Just get CI and start flipping back and forth between a Sabres game and a Rangers game.  When she sees how the Rangers games have the same pace as the "old" NHL, she should be willing to see the light.

473353[/snapback]

I'm not sure it's that simple. It's alot more entertaining to watch other NFL teams but you're not going to get me off the channel the BILLS are on.

I'm not sure it's that simple.  It's alot more entertaining to watch other NFL teams but you're not going to get me off the channel the BILLS are on.

473357[/snapback]

Yeah, but that's different. Bills and Sabres fans tend to have at least 1 screw missing.

473283[/snapback]

Here's to red shorty-shorts. :doh: (On that girl. Not on Brett Favre. Please, let's not go there again.)