Man, Drew Bledsoe is making me look stupid.

The_Real

The progression around here is hilarious.

1) We cut Bledsoe, fans cry out, "Bledsoe is washed up!  He should retire!"

2) Bledsoe plays poorly in the first preseason game, fans cry out, "See, we were right!!!!  Bledsoe is washed up!"

3) Bledsoe has a bad first series against the Chargers in week 1.  Fans cry out, "See, we were right!  Bledsoe is washed up!"

4) Bledsoe bounces back from bad first series to defeat the Chargers.  Fans cry out, "Bledsoe doesn't play for the Bills anymore!  Why are you guys praising his play?!" followed by, "The Redskins will expose Bledsoe to the entire league!  He'll be sacked 150 times!"

5) Bledsoe is not sacked against the Redskins, not even once.  Fans cry out, "But look, he lost!  He can't win against a real team!"

6) Bledsoe leads a late drive to win the game, but his pass falls short.  Fans cry out, "See, we were right, Bledsoe sucks!" while at the same time saying, "It's ok that JPL throws the ball like that, he's going to the Hall of Fame!"  Fans followup with, "Wait until the Eagles game, Bledsoe will be lucky to live through it!"

7) Bledsoe destroys Philadelphia, and isn't sacked at all.  Fans cry out, "He always plays well at the start of the season when he's on a new team!  He'll soon suck again because he never plays well late in the season!"  Those fans apparantly forgot the 9-3 record at the end of last season....

It's pretty humorous, considering the non-bashers are simply saying, "Look, Bledsoe wasn't the problem here last year.  He's still got plenty of gas in the tank."  Comments like that always seem to bring out sexual attacks though.  Maybe Bledsoe-bashers are all gay? (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

CW

472870[/snapback]

Thanks for the timeline. Straw-man arguments are fun.

What about those of us who didn't say much in the pre-season, during the Charger game, after the Redskin game, and quietly almost pity Cowboy fans (I said almost) because they're seeing the same girl I dated in 2002....the one that has big boobs and gives great sex in the honeymoon period of the first 2 months, before you find out in the 3rd month her friends are psycho, her parents are a nightmare, and she freaks out every time you hang out with your friends, plus has the IQ of Lavar Arrington.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about those of us who didn't say much in the pre-season, during the Charger game, after the Redskin game, and quietly almost pity Cowboy fans (I said almost) because they're seeing the same girl I dated in 2002....the one that has big boobs and gives great sex in the honeymoon period of the first 2 months, before you find out in the 3rd month her friends are psycho, her parents are a nightmare, and she freaks out every time you hang out with your friends, plus has the IQ of Lavar Arrington.

473002[/snapback]

Since the idea of a run of 38 point offensive outbursts does more for my libido, please do expound on all the ways in which the hag we've got right now in the bedroom with the shopping bag dispenser mounted on her side brings you greater pleasure?

Amazing what having an offensive line can do for skill players...

473034[/snapback]

Isn't it.

And I thought this line was good the past two years.

I guess those smart guys at One Bills Drive know how to draft linemen and build lines. :pirate:

All I know is that the Pats got rid of him for a reason (or reasons). We did the same.

472373[/snapback]

The Pats got rid of him because they KNEW they had Brady to take his place .... We got rid of him because the brain trust at One Bills drive are either too lazy, or too stupid to give him a supporting cast like Dallas has.

I'll admit it I was one of those guys who wanted to see him fall flat on his face.  Not because of lack of respect for DB the person I just always root against former bills who didn't live up to the billing here.  I thought that DC's would just throw 8 guys at him everytime due to the lack of mobility. 

uhhhhh..... 

102 passer rating, 1,351 yards and 10 Touchdowns. 

He's the 3rd ranked qb in the NFL right now. 

Errrrrrr.....  We we well....  I .... Irr... ahhhh.....

:doh:

If he does the 2nd half disappearing act it will look more justified but right now the Bills look like they let him go a year early for a couple reasons.  One, he still had game left and two, the qb of the future hasn't quite arrived as of yet. 

I was definitely wrong.  I'll admit it.  Could he of done it here in Buffalo with the players we have?  Not sure.  But he definitely still has game left. 

DEFINITELY.

tr

472369[/snapback]

I was not sad to see him go, and I don't think the Bills would be any better than 2-3 if he had stayed.

Thanks for the timeline.  Straw-man arguments are fun.

473002[/snapback]

Nice. :doh:;):lol: