Bills got a spark from Holcomb

is was a spark that lasted exactly 2 quarters.

The Bills O went back to being terrible in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Horrible might be a better word.

Anyone who tries to make a case for the O is as stupid as the coaching staff who are all getting paid to walk up and down the sideline puckering their mouths and scratching their asses.

This team is F'ing bad we should have won 41 to 14... The JETS are going to bring us back to reality... 6 and 10 is the best we do my friends!!!!!!!!!

We SUCK!

Moulds is the past..... JP is the Future.

Moulds doesn't like "Not winning" Try getting open you crybaby.

Bring back JP so he can take his lumps.

I agree Nick. For whatever reason, this team has not picked up where it left off last year. Aside from QB, LT, and LG (OK, RT if you want to count MW's injury), this offense is intact from one year ago. The defense returned 20 of 21 players from last year plus K. Thomas (injured). Pat Williams is the only one missing... besides the injured TKO, but they were a disappoinment before TKO went down. WTF is up with the D? That was the signature of this team over the past couple of years. It all begins in the middle. Sam makes two great plays then takes a couple off. They need to invest in at least two top flight DTs.

You woulda thought after being gifted 5 turnovers and 18 penalties, that you'd have outscored your opposition by more than 6 points. This team is teetering on a thin line. Holcomb, although not spectacular, did provide a much needed spark. And, I've got to believe that Holcomb can get a little better with a couple of more starts under his belt. The question is... can the D respond way better than it has?

A couple of things.....

- I think that it would be fair to give Kelly H. a few games to see if things improve with the team with him getting the starting reps.....after all....WE DID WIN

- I was also dismayed on how the pressure was so immediate at times on Kelly H.......but lets fact it. We were facing a 3-1 team with a very good pass rush......

Overall...I see nothing to be upset about this week.....my Hemcinto Eagles won.....my Bills won.....now if my lakers win on Tuesday this will be a VERY good week.

I agree 100%. What did Holcomb do on the field that was different from what we saw with JP? Dis he throw a pass over 15 yards? No. Evans long completion was yards after the catch. Did he avoid the sack when pressure came? No. the difference and the only reason we won was becuase the Dolphins has a ton of penalties and our defense forced some big turnovers. Turnovers that we had not been getting in the prior weeks. JP needs to be in there and we have to take the good with the bad. Watching on the sideline will not help.

I agree 100%. What did Holcomb do on the field that was different from what we saw with JP? Dis he throw a pass over 15 yards? No. Evans long completion was yards after the catch. Did he avoid the sack when pressure came? No. the difference and the only reason we won was becuase the Dolphins has a ton of penalties and our defense forced some big turnovers. Turnovers that we had not been getting in the prior weeks. JP needs to be in there and we have to take the good with the bad. Watching on the sideline will not help.

471901[/snapback]

Actually the difference with Holcomb was that he found his check-off receivers, and while it didn't always equate to a ton of yardage it did usually result in something better than a sack would have...held up a little better under pressure as well...he did do some of the intangibles better.

Of course it didn't even take two whole quarters for the fins to figure out the run/pass pass/run on 1st/2nd pattern anyway...I like it in that we scored enough to win but the dearth in scoring for most of the game should tell the coaching staff that we have other problems on O besides the QB...

Actually the difference with Holcomb was that he found his check-off receivers, and while it didn't always equate to a ton of yardage it did usually result in something better than a sack would have...held up a little better under pressure as well...he did do some of the intangibles better.

Of course it didn't even take two whole quarters for the fins to figure out the run/pass pass/run on 1st/2nd pattern anyway...I like it in that we scored enough to win but the dearth in scoring for most of the game should tell the coaching staff that we have other problems on O besides the QB...

471914[/snapback]

and a big part of that problem is the play design and play calling of the offensive coaches.

10/16 - New York Jets

10/23 - @ Oakland

10/30 - @ New England

11/13 - Kansas City

11/20 - @ San Diego

11/27 - Carolina

12/4 - @ Miami

12/11 - New England

12/17 - Denver

12/24 - @ Cincinnati

1/1 - @ New York Jets

Will 8-8 be enough to get us into the Playoffs? Probably not. 9-7 maybe, but not 8-8.

So the question is how soon will we get to 3-8 (or 4-8, or 5-8) and be mathematically eliminated from the Playoffs and the Kelly Holcomb is our saviour MM and TC have done a wonderful job All Hail to TD drivel?

I'm looking at that list and am hard pressed to count out 5 Ws.

Lord, I hope they win them all. Stranger things have happened, like Al Gore inventing the Internet.

471901[/snapback]

You mean other then win?

471914[/snapback]

There was one play in particular and i think two where KH was going to let it rip downfield deep but the play wasn't there. Instead he dumped it off for marginal gains. Those are plays where we would have seen JP grossly overthrow or worse an interception and momentum killer.

KH has a noodle arm, no question. JP blows him away with arm strength and athletic ability. However, KH has a career 63% completion percentage and JP won't even be close to that this year (if he played every game). That's the key right now for Buffalo, accuracy and poise. KH provides that.

Also, i was a big critic of Bledsoe thinking it was mostly his fault and not our O-line as much. Well after seeing the first few Dallas games and the past few Bills games i realize our O line is putrid. Neither KH or JP is going to thrive back there. If you can throw 20 for 26 behind those turnstiles then you must be doing something right. When our opponents make a committment to rush the passer...the Bills O line cannot handle it. It's sad. They don't excel at the run or the pass. At least be good at one thing?!? If JP is going to get good,,,,,he's going to have to do it on his own.

is was a spark that lasted exactly 2 quarters.

The Bills O went back to being terrible in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Horrible might be a better word. 

Anyone who tries to make a case for the O is as stupid as the coaching staff who are all getting paid to walk up and down the sideline puckering their mouths and scratching their asses.

This team is F'ing bad we should have won 41 to 14... The JETS are going to bring us back to reality... 6 and 10 is the best we do my friends!!!!!!!!!

We SUCK!

471783[/snapback]

And we fumbled and recovered about 3 times. If any of those fumbles went the other way, the Bills lose. We, in fact, are a very bad team with multiple problems (many of them coaching) that a QB replacement only serves to obscure and delay the inevitable.

471783[/snapback]

Oh you mean like when he got open in the endzone for a touchdown? Or when he made that spectacular catch to put Lindell in range for a very important fg? or the other 5 receptions he had yesterday? Do you like "not winning"? Moulds is vocal and rightly so. I like his enthusiasm. He showed he still has "it" yesterday when many here like to label him as done. He has alot left in the tank and will continue to show that as long as he has a qb that can accurately throw the ball... The man has been with the Bills through thick and thin (mainly thin) and has expressed his desire to remain a Bill many times so why not cut him some slack?? GO BILLS!!!!!!

What did Holcomb do on the field that was different from what we saw with JP?

He completed 76% of the passes he attempted. Throw out the penalties... if JP's in there we're not throwing the ball 26 times, and if we did, the fins would have probably picked 2 or 3. No way we take a 17-0 lead with JP at the controls.

WooHoo the Bills have now played 2 good halves of football on offense this season!

Anyone on this list could have played QB and the Bills would have won the game.

Actually some passes to the TEs, Peters playing TE, Adams as tackle eligible, turnovers, a ton of Miami penalties and letting McGahee run the ball 31 times. If the Bills coaches would have used that game plan the last 3 weeks the team would at least be tied for 1st in the division right now.