Great move - QB

major

Good move going with Holcomb today. I feel we would have lost with Losman at the helm. Bring on the Jets.

470803[/snapback]

Yep, we probably would have lost without him. Of course, we don't get to play the Dolphins every game at home. We also don't get to play teams that turn the ball over 5 times and commit 18 penalties. Holcomb isn't going to be enough after next week's game against the Jets. This team is bad, plain and simple. I'd like to convince myself that they'll magically get better but I haven't been able to do it yet.

Yep, we probably would have lost without him.  Of course, we don't get to play the Dolphins every game at home.  We also don't get to play teams that turn the ball over 5 times and commit 18 penalties.  Holcomb isn't going to be enough after next week's game against the Jets.  This team is bad, plain and simple.  I'd like to convince myself that they'll magically get better but I haven't been able to do it yet.

470824[/snapback]

And as much as I hate to say it, the second half play calls were just embarrassing. Run, Run, Pass...Sack. Run, Run, Pass...Sack. I especially liked the 3rd and 13 draw play that even Kelly Holcomb's daughter could see coming.

Hey, I'm glad I can watch PrimeTime tonight, but bottom line is this: Bills didn't win so much as the Fish lost. And the funniest part? The game clincher, for all intents and purposes...a 47-yarder from Lindell to make Miami go for seven.

Serious question...

What do you think the long term outcome of this change will be?

470819[/snapback]

I think JP will see how he needs to manage a game and take what the defense would give him. I think Losman learns quite a bit from this experience. It will be valuable for him.

How bout them Bills? How bout that D? Although Kelly wasn't awsome I can say that He did pretty good. Hopefully JP can learn from this! The Jet are gonna be a fairly tough opponent to beat next week, GO BILLS! 2 and 3.

Way to dodge the intended question.

470838[/snapback]

No, not dodging. I think the benching is a tempest-in-a-teapot.

Holcomb will bring stability to that part of the offense allowing the team to focus on other things. The Bills will live or die on problems like the defense and the OL, and will muddle through the season a decent team.

JP will go back to number 2 on the chart. He and his fans will have a good cry, get over it, and in two weeks the trauma of demotion will be forgotten by all. At some point we'll put him back in, and he'll be better prepared to play and the team will be better prepared for him.

I think JP will see how he needs to manage a game and take what the defense would give him. I think Losman learns quite a bit from this experience. It will be valuable for him.

470841[/snapback]

Shouldn't he have done that last year? Eventually, the only thing that will teach him is game experience.

Agreed.

It is possible to learn on the bench.

470841[/snapback]

What I saw ....

Buffalo 17 points first half .... 3 points in the second

total yards ... Miami 323, Buffalo 236

Miami had more yards rushing and passing

Buffalo ran 36 times and averaged 2.6 yards .. yuck

Miami had 18 penalties and a couple more we did not accept

Buffalo had the ball 35 minutes to 24 minutes for Miami

Did Holcomb have a throw over 15 yards ,, not counting the run after???

Gained around 100 yards in their last 9 positions and scored 3 poinst

and then one play saved them from having Miami win ..

2nd and 6 at BUF 25 (1:47) (Shotgun) G.Frerotte pass to R.Brown to BUF 14 for 11 yards (N.Clements, L.Fletcher). FUMBLES (N.Clements), RECOVERED by BUF-T.Vincent at BUF 18. Caught at BUF 24, right side.

And we think this win against a BAD team is worth having JP sit and learn what???

Big mistake ... would rather see him take his lumps now ... this team is n playoff team .. so might as well break in a rookie !!!

If you want to see what a good solid OL gets you .. turn on the Philly Dallas game and watch Drew hit man after man ....

Shouldn't he have done that last year? Eventually, the only thing that will teach him is game experience.

470864[/snapback]

Yeah, we'll wait till next year for that though. Well, unless next year people lack the patience yet again, at which point we'll let him learn two years from now...

470864[/snapback]

Apparently, he didn't do that last year. Remember the pats game where he said he wasn't prepared? I don't know how you learn unless you prepare like a starter. I have a feeling he's doing that this year. I also think Holcombe is a far better mentor-type QB than Bledsoe, because Drew knew JP was his replacement. Holcombe knows his spot.

I want JP to develop, but I really, really like winning.

Yeah, we'll wait till next year for that though.  Well, unless next year people lack the patience yet again, at which point we'll let him learn two years from now...

470871[/snapback]

If Losman doesn't see the field again this year, it will be because we are winning. And that's good, right? Last time I checked, that was the idea.

Apparently, he didn't do that last year. Remember the pats game where he said he wasn't prepared? I don't know how you learn unless you prepare like a starter. I have a feeling he's doing that this year. I also think Holcombe is a far better mentor-type QB than Bledsoe, because Drew knew JP was his replacement. Holcombe knows his spot.

I want JP to develop, but I really, really like winning.

470879[/snapback]

Preparing isn't really going to do much more for him. He needs to get used to the speed of the game, which can only happen by playing.

Preparing isn't really going to do much more for him.  He needs to get used to the speed of the game, which can only happen by playing.

470888[/snapback]

True. But winning is the goal, right?