Great move - QB

major

If Losman doesn't see the field again this year, it will be because we are winning. And that's good, right? Last time I checked, that was the idea.

470884[/snapback]

Worst case scenario is that we're in playoff contention up until the final weeks but don't make it in. We'll have sacrificed the entire season for a playoff pipe dream, lost a top 10 draft pick and (most importantly) lost an entire year of Losman learning on the job. The way the Bills seem to be snake bit, this will probably end up happening.

Shouldn't he have done that last year? Eventually, the only thing that will teach him is game experience.

470864[/snapback]

it does not always workout like that,in fact, a lot of times it does not work like that. jp's confidence was getting shattered more and more week by week. he needs a break and to cool down. last year bledsoe played like a retarded retard.there was nothing to learn. the defense played better then drew did at managing last year,thats how they won.

and of course some guys dont get better whether they play or watch(im thinking this might be jp).

True. But winning is the goal, right?

470891[/snapback]

Well, that's the debate now isn't it? Short term success (like today against Miami) vs. long term team success. Long term success only happens in the NFL with stability at the QB position (among other things). I’ve never seen a team be completive year in and year out without stability at the QB position.

Worst case scenario is that we're in playoff contention up until the final weeks but don't make it in.  We'll have sacrificed the entire season for a playoff pipe dream, lost a top 10 draft pick and (most importantly) lost an entire year of Losman learning on the job.  The way the Bills seem to be snake bit, this will probably end up happening.

470893[/snapback]

I think we'll know before that, but winning is #1 to me. This season isn't only about a single player, don't you think?

I think we'll know before that, but winning is #1 to me. This season isn't only about a single player, don't you think?

470909[/snapback]

If that is the case.. then why do you ever draft a rookie QB?

Shouldn't he have done that last year? Eventually, the only thing that will teach him is game experience.

470864[/snapback]

Ok. So why is that really a bad thing? Apparently JP needs to see how a vet. QB controls the game! KELLY DID GOOD! He wasn't the savior that some expected but I will give credit where credit is due. He did good. Go Bills!

470909[/snapback]

If this team isn't competitive enough to legitimately contend for a SB title then yeah, this year should be about preparing our young players for next year, particularly our QB. If a team doesn't have the patience to watch a young QB struggle then they should never draft a QB in the first round.

And no, it’s not about one player; the entire organization benefits from stability at the QB position.

If this team is as bad as people say it is, Losman will be back in soon enough.

I think the entire organization benefits from winning, as well. I certainly don't think I'd consider Losman "stability" at the QB position, but I get your point.

I think the Bills if lose 2 of the next 5, and we'll see losman again. And at that point we can bench Moulds, Fletcher, Adams, etc. as you suggest. :doh:

If this team isn't competitive enough to legitimately contend for a SB title then yeah, this year should be about preparing our young players for next year, particularly our QB.  If a team doesn't have the patience to watch a young QB struggle then they should never draft a QB in the first round.

And no, it’s not about one player; the entire organization benefits from stability at the QB position.

470918[/snapback]

If this team is as bad as people say it is, Losman will be back in soon enough.

I think the entire organization benefits from winning, as well. I certainly don't think I'd consider Losman "stability" at the QB position, but I get your point.

I think the Bills if lose 2 of the next 5, and we'll see losman again. And at that point we can bench Moulds, Fletcher, Adams, etc. as you suggest.  :doh:

470933[/snapback]

I don't know about benching Moulds as he'll aid Losman's growth. However, anybody on that D is subject to being sat down imo though Fletcher might be the exception.

Don't know if this has been reflected on this board, but the call to replace Losman came over a week past the Miami bye. What that means is that all of the extra time Miami had on the bye to gameplan Losman gets tossed out the window. Then they have to scramble to figure out what Holcomb is all about. That doesn't leave much time to maneuver. So in retrospect, that might have been the decision that won us this game. After adjustments, the Dolphins played a somewhat superior game. But they weren't able to overcome the headstart our suprise tactics played on them.

I was not one of the crazy haters last week after the news. I figure that under the theory that coaches coach, and players play, that our coaching staff can't guarentee the quality of play, but they sure as heck should have an idea as to who is a better player, KH or JPL. I mean we have all kinds of theories but really doesn;t it come down to a practical level, who's a better player? NFL Europe is for training, college is for training, training camp is for training. NFL Gameday is for real.

Should Kelly start next week is a more interesting question.

Don't know if this has been reflected on this board, but the call to replace Losman came over a week past the Miami bye. What that means is that all of the extra time Miami had on the bye to gameplan Losman gets tossed out the window. Then they have to scramble to figure out what Holcomb is all about.

470948[/snapback]

Saban looked extensively at Holcomb in the offseason as they considered picking him up (though they ended up going with Frerotte instead). I don't think this threw a curve ball at the Dolphins at all.