Donahoe's tenure as Bills GM...a bust !!

guru

Judging from the replies to this thread, only DeeRay, 1959BillsFan...and me!!! :doh:

And, if you listen to Buffalo sports talk radio, everybody else in Western New York !  :D

470996[/snapback]

If you and DeeRay want to stroke each other over being "right", do it on your own time. As far as I can see, and as it pertains to this season, you aren't right about a damn thing. We're 2-3 and one game back of the Pats for first in our division. Mularkey is 11-10 as a first time head coach and we just beat the Fins.

Oh!!

I forgot # 12. Donahoe lies...with a straight face...and laughs at Bills fans all the way to the bank!

470931[/snapback]

Quote from : http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...315/1007/SPORTS

"It's hard for me," said the Buffalo Bills 'veteran wide receiver (Eric Moulds) when asked if he can pull off what a lot of people in the NFL are good at — lying. "You guys (media) have covered me for 10 years, and I've always tried to be honest."

Quote from : http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...315/1007/SPORTS

"It's hard for me," said the Buffalo Bills 'veteran wide receiver (Eric Moulds) when asked if he can pull off what a lot of people in the NFL are good at — lying. "You guys (media) have covered me for 10 years, and I've always tried to be honest."

471577[/snapback]

Moulds loves Kool-Aid.

Sorry, I don't have a link, but something I read in the paper:

"It's a real joy for me," said the Buffalo Bills' General Manager (Tom Donahoe) when asked if he can pull off what a lot of people in the NFL are good at — lying. "Any day I can tick off guys on message boards who call themselves 'guru' is a good day to me."

"It's a real joy for me," said the Buffalo Bills' General Manager (Tom Donahoe) when asked if he can pull off what a lot of people in the NFL are good at — lying. "Any day I can tick off guys on message boards who call themselves 'guru' is a good day to me."

471596[/snapback]

;) No love for "newbie" or DeeRay? Man, Donahoe's a heartless bastige.

471596[/snapback]

Nice try, but I'm not ticked off...I just like being RIGHT ! ;)

The proof is the proof, so when you have good proof, it is PROVEN !! :blink:

Kip sipping the good ole Teflon koolaid boys. Keep rewarding the Teflon man for , than mediocrity and keep showing him the love. Teflon is on the clock, and the clock is counting down. Only thing to watch for now is, does Ralph go to the palace in the sky before the clock expires on Teflon.

Just bringing reality folks. I realize you enjoy your fantasies. It's a dirty job, but someone has to bring the tough love.

Some examples:

1. Hired Greg Williams.

2. Released Doug Flutie.

3. Kept Rob Johnson.

4. Said he (Donahoe)was embarrassed to be part of the Buffalo community.

5. Poor drafting.

6. Failure to address the weaknesses of the offensive line.

7. Talent at tight-end is non-existent.

7. Hired Mike Mularkey.

8. Traded for Drew Bledsoe.

9. Missed the playoffs every year.

10.  Did not allow an open competition for the starting quarterback position this year.

11.  Even if the Bills win every remaining game this year, they would still be 2 games under .500 during Donahoe's tenure. :w00t:  ;)  :doh:  :blink:  :w00t:

470395[/snapback]

Sweet. Jerry Sullivan IS a member of our community.

Kip sipping the good ole Teflon koolaid boys.  Keep rewarding the Teflon man for , than mediocrity and keep showing him the love.  Teflon is on the clock, and the clock is counting down.  Only thing to watch for now is, does Ralph go to the palace in the sky before the clock expires on Teflon.

Just bringing reality folks.  I realize you enjoy your fantasies.  It's a dirty job, but someone has to bring the tough love.

471670[/snapback]

If you were really bringing the tough love, you wouldn't be content with replacing TD. After all, if Ralph thinks so highly of him, what's to say, even if he does replace TD, that he would pick someone good?

It all starts at the top!

It all starts at the top!

I won't dispute that because you've got a very good point and facts to back it up.

But, if I remember correctly, Teflon Tom was one of the most revered GMs on the football planet about 6-9 years ago. Even today, guys like Mortensen and Pasquarelli... highly respected reporters on the football planet, think this guy is a top fiver as a GM.

OK, why would someone so highly regarded as Mr. Donahoe take on a job in which he doesn't have total control or one that would compromise his ethics and track record... forget what he's being paid... probably less than a coach and certainly less than Mike Williams. Maybe Ralph just makes bad choices??? He did hit it right with both Polian and Butler though... and McGroder too. Even Stew Barber did some good things. If you look from 85 on, wouldn't you agree that Ralph did a pretty good job?

Even I thought the hiring of Donahoe was a good move at the time. I started having 2nd thoughts after the start of Williams 3rd season. When he fired Williams I sided with Donahoe, but, if you believe in what you've done with player moves and your rebuilding process is on track, then why do you go out and bring in a rookie HC to beging this process all over? In doing so, he just undid three years of reconstruction. Now we're in year 2 of the 2nd rebuild. You think Ralph did this? If so, and Donahoe is half the GM he's thought to be, why doesn't he stand up to Ralph and say it is in both of our best interests to part company, "we have phylosophycal differences"? Did he do that? No. Donahoe, for the most part, has made excellent fianancial decisions. However, he's made horrible football decisions. And this team will need another re-tooling after the season. TKO may not be the TKO we know, Moulds may have had it, Clements may not be here, Milloy, Sam, and Troy are all on the wrong side of 30, and their top backup at DE (Denney) is a FA. Unless the Bills brass accounts for this and significant upgrades to offset these factors, they're going to continue to be in deep trouble. If this team misses the playoffs this season, they will need to have one hell of a draft and free agency signing period to surpass 35K season tix for next year. Ralph won't like that.

Some examples:

1. Hired Greg Williams.

2. Released Doug Flutie.

3. Kept Rob Johnson.

4. Said he (Donahoe)was embarrassed to be part of the Buffalo community.

5. Poor drafting.

6. Failure to address the weaknesses of the offensive line.

7. Talent at tight-end is non-existent.

7. Hired Mike Mularkey.

8. Traded for Drew Bledsoe.

9. Missed the playoffs every year.

10.  Did not allow an open competition for the starting quarterback position this year.

11.  Even if the Bills win every remaining game this year, they would still be 2 games under .500 during Donahoe's tenure. :w00t:  ;)  :doh:  :blink:  :w00t:

470395[/snapback]

1. we'll never know- he didnt even have the talent we have now

2. wrong- flutie was old and tired

3. wrong again- we could have built the team, then let him go

4. wrong again- I guess you think he has to sit there and take it

5. Wrong again- we are better than when he got here

6.He has addressed it, but hasn't hit yet

7.Wrong, yet again- thanks for judging him a few games after his 1st year Nostradamus

8. Bledsoe was considered pretty good, and looks good now.

9. Wrong- players have to be somewhat accountable as well.

10. Wrong- you can't split snapsdown the middle at training camp

11. You are a math major

Is this Jerry Sullivan? You are insightful when you arent wrong

1. we'll never know- he didnt even have the talent we have now

2. wrong- flutie was old and tired

3. wrong again- we could have built the team, then let him go

4. wrong again- I guess you think he has to sit there and take it

5. Wrong again- we are better than when he got here

6.He has addressed it, but hasn't hit yet

7.Wrong, yet again- thanks for judging him a few games after his 1st year Nostradamus

8. Bledsoe was considered pretty good, and looks good now.

9. Wrong- players have to be somewhat accountable as well.

10. Wrong- you can't split snapsdown the middle at training camp

11. You are a math major

Is this Jerry Sullivan? You are insightful when you arent wrong

471760[/snapback]

No, this isn't JS, but I'll bet you are Tom Donahoe!

Thanks for the numbered responses...they are good comedy!! :rolleyes:

No, this isn't JS, but I'll bet you are Tom Donahoe!

Thanks for the numbered responses...they are good comedy!! :rolleyes:

472315[/snapback]

I had to spice it up a bit......people are just too impatient....the team is what it is. Donahoe will get the job done- bank on it.

And fans have to drop the mantality that the Bills answer to them, cause it isnt even close to being true.