The Losman crowd are overreacting...

Buftex

That's the problem, people have already made up their minds!  Besides, we are Bills fans, we gotta panic! :blink:

467509[/snapback]

My problem is that I HAVEN'T made up my mind ...... as a matter of fact I refuse to. I want the Bills players to make it up.

I really can't see "falling in love" with a player before he has done anything ...... the team annoints JP as the "future" ...... fine ...... gimme something to cheer about ......... JPs not cutting it and they want to bring in Holcomb ....... fine .... gimme something to cheer about. In this day and age of free angency I find it hard to really pull for an individual player anyway.

Bottom line is I want to cheer for my team, I back who ever has the "hot hand".

Do I think that JP COULD be the future of the franchise ...... sure .... but I'm not willing to flush a season or two down the toilet for him to get experiance. How will he get experiance one may ask ........ to be perfectly honest ...... I don't give a damn, that is the coaching staffs problem.

Do I think that Holcomb COULD save the season ....... sure ...... but I'm not willing to say he WILL save the season. All I know is we are 1-3 so far, the rest of the division is still within reach, and our starting QB wasn't giving any indication that he could keep us in the hunt. We have 53 men on the roster ..... at last report they were all professional football players, if one of the men on the field is not cutting the mustard it's time to let someone else earn their money.

Agree that people are overreacting. Basically, things will sort themselves out, won't they? If the Bills don't start winning games with Holcomb at the helm, JP will be a starter again in no time. I'm willing to wait one or two games before we resume "finding out" about JP, the prospect.

And if Holcomb provides wins, then the Bills will be in good playoff contention shape, and he'll continue to play. They are still undefeated in the AFC and against the AFC East as of today.

I can't believe the overreaction by so many on the board to the benching of Losman, in favor of Kelly Holcomb.  IMO, this move was warranted, and says nothing about Losman's future. 

467460[/snapback]

I cropped your excellent post, only but for brevity.

I am not going to try and analyze anything here. I am speaking only as a Bills fan. What the team has accomplised in the first quarter of the season is absolutely unacceptable, possibly from the owner to the water boy. :unsure:

I am glad to see SOME attempt at changing things. The only thing I know for sure is that there are only 16 games in the season, and the pattern for the first four games HAS NOT WORKED.

I am as frustrated as YOU all are! Give it a week before you throw in the towel.

I cropped your excellent post, only but for brevity.

I am not going to try and analyze anything here. I am speaking only as a Bills fan.  What the team has accomplised in the first quarter of the season is absolutely unacceptable, possibly from the owner to the water boy.  :unsure:

I am glad to see SOME attempt at changing things. The only thing I know for sure is that there are only 16 games in the season, and the pattern for the first four games HAS NOT WORKED.

I am as frustrated as YOU all are! Give it a week before you throw in the towel.

468134[/snapback]

And you post is excellent as well.

It says nowhere that this move will be for more than one game, the rest of the season, or eternity.

I will be at RWS on Sunday and I want to see the Buffalo Bills Football Team beat the phish, and I think that we will do just that. :huh:

A

I will be at RWS on Sunday and I want to see the Buffalo Bills Football Team beat the phish, and I think that we will do just that.  :huh:

468145[/snapback]

What if you found out that TD traded a fifth round pick to get Travis back and he was starting on Sunday? :unsure: