According to NFL Total Access tonight

djh

On NFL Total Access tonight. According to Saints linebackers & secondary, the Bills offense is very predictable. The linebackers were able to creep up anticipating the predictable plays. The Saints defense were quoted as stating that it seems J.P. is being "harnessed". J.P. is not doing what he does well, be a playmaker on designed rollouts etc.

This is coming from an un-biased opponent. Basically they seem to feel bad for the opposing QB cause of the playcalling........strange.

On NFL Total Access tonight.  According to Saints linebackers & secondary, the Bills offense is very predictable.  The linebackers were able to creep up anticipating the predictable plays.  The Saints defense were quoted as stating that it seems J.P. is being "harnessed".  J.P. is not doing what he does well, be a playmaker on designed rollouts etc.

This is coming from an un-biased opponent.  Basically they seem to feel bad for the opposing QB cause of the playcalling........strange.

464184[/snapback]

This is exactly what the brain trust told us all summer they were going to do...Limit his mistakes ect. ect. then why draft this type of qb thats been my question all a long .... jp is a runnin gunnin type of qb thats why green bay was going to draft him to replace bret until the genius traded up and then decides to change his style of play... I say let him play his game at least it would be more exciting then what they have him playing right now and if it results in a loss ,whats the difference we can do that already......I think it may be to late ,,his head is full of mush right now,,OVER COACHED!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what the brain trust told us all summer they were going to do...Limit his mistakes ect. ect. then why draft this type of qb thats been my question all a long .... jp is a runnin gunnin  type of qb thats why green bay was going to draft him to replace bret until the genius traded up and then decides to change his style of play... I say let him play his game at least it would be more exciting then what they have him playing right now and if it results in a loss ,whats the difference we can do that already......I think it may be to late ,,his head is full of mush right now,,OVER COACHED!!!!!!!!!!

464192[/snapback]

I don't think JP's style is the problem, it should be an asset. How many fans anticipated seeing designed rollouts (to help our weak OLine) this year? They used it during the exhibitions, but not in the last four games.

We're basically a smash mouth offense .... but we're the one getting smashed.

This is exactly what the brain trust told us all summer they were going to do...Limit his mistakes ect. ect. then why draft this type of qb thats been my question all a long .... jp is a runnin gunnin  type of qb thats why green bay was going to draft him to replace bret until the genius traded up and then decides to change his style of play... I say let him play his game at least it would be more exciting then what they have him playing right now and if it results in a loss ,whats the difference we can do that already......I think it may be to late ,,his head is full of mush right now,,OVER COACHED!!!!!!!!!!

464192[/snapback]

Right on. Let him roll out every time..lets him drive the other team nuts.You could run reverse/fake reverses..do options...quick hand offs with fake roll outs causing the D to lean like crazy/overpursue.Make the D's commit,,overpursue,get winded.Then have Willis ram it down their throats..-Let him have fun out there.Football isnt rocket science.The guy has been playing for many many years. If all of a sudden he looks completely flummoxed---maybe they are completeluy screwing him up by having him play unnaturally..

Right on. Let him roll out every time..lets him drive the other team nuts.You could run reverse/fake reverses..do options...quick hand offs with fake roll outs causing the D to lean like crazy/overpursue.Make the D's commit,,overpursue,get winded.Then have Willis ram it down their throats..-Let him have fun out there.Football isnt rocket science.The guy has been playing for many many years. If all of a sudden he looks completely flummoxed---maybe they are completeluy screwing him up by having him play unnaturally..

464196[/snapback]

I had to work sunday and didn't get to watch the game live. So I was listening to the game off sirius the buffalo feed and got a different perspective... Anyway murph would call the play and vanpelt would chime in after play fell apart and constantly over and over and over again play after freakin play his comment would be loseman had to dump it of to the running back all the rec's were covered no gain or repeatidly at least 4-5 times I heard vanpelt say the pass was off target to MOLDs because molds hesitated coming out of his break or molds didn't seem to run out his route,

it was unbleivable,,this coming from a former QB....constantly ...well murph molds could only get a hand on the ball because ect....ect...ect... after watching the game on tivo today I could see alot of what he was talking about but the tv announcers were totally ripping on jp....I would suggest people listen to the radio and watch the game this week and listen to the difference in the analysis from vanpelt it has more validity in my mind ,,,TV peolpe are LAZY and stupid, always have, always will....just my opinion..........

I had to work sunday and didn't get to watch the game live. So I was listening to the game off sirius the buffalo feed and got a different perspective... Anyway murph would call the play and vanpelt would chime in after play fell apart and constantly over and over and over again play after freakin play his comment would be loseman had to dump it of to the running back all the rec's were covered no gain or repeatidly at least 4-5 times I heard vanpelt say the pass was off target to MOLDs because molds hesitated coming out of his break or molds didn't seem to run out his route,

it was unbleivable,,this coming from a former QB....constantly ...well murph molds could only get a hand on the ball because ect....ect...ect... after watching the game on tivo today I could see alot of what he was talking about but the tv announcers were totally ripping on jp....I would suggest people listen to the radio and watch the game this week and listen to the difference in the analysis from vanpelt it has more validity in my mind ,,,TV peolpe are LAZY and stupid, always have, always will....just my opinion..........

464200[/snapback]

Hmm - this is true to an extent... Alex VP is a former QB who is going to side with the QB naturally.

From the radio broadcast and what limited footage I have seen, I think there are a nunber of factors for the offences woes:

1. We get away from the run too early.

2. The coaches seem too anxious to get JP involved in the passign game.

3. The WRs (esp Moulds and Evans) appear to be suffering from a lack of motivation. They're not trying.

4. JP makes some of the wrong reads.

5. JP is inaccurate.

6. The coaches have gone away from what appeared to work well in 2 of 4 preseason games (namely running the football, designed rollouts).

7. Too much shotgun in obvious passing downs.

There may be more - but that is how I see it.

464200[/snapback]

Being in California, I have to resort to listein to the radio via the internet. I been hearing the same thing from Van Pelt. Receivers not getting open. Is this true, not true or somewhat true.

From what I hear from the Tampa defense & the Saints defense it appears to be right on. They somewhat know our plays & have been jumping the routes.

This is an interesting thread cause there does seem to be differing opinions on exactly what this Offense is, and how much is being asked of JP. Terrell Davis said last night on The NFL Network that Defenders he spoke with said the Bills Offense is too predictable mostly due to the fact that it is the exact same Offense as last Year with a different QB...

Butch Davis seemed to back up this claim last week (also on The NFL Network) when he said he was surprised to see the Bills were running a full Offensive Package with JP at QB. Davis seemed to think JP was just too raw to make the correct reads/throws.

After last Sundays Game I commented that besides the occasional designed Roll Out and QB Draw, this is basically the exact same Offense, and Offensive philosophy as Last Season. This is Mularkey/Clements...it's who they are...And if we can all just dial back the clock to a year ago we would remember that the exact same comments were being made about this Offense with Bledsoe at QB...Especially where committment to the Run was concerned...The Winning streak washed away much of that criticism, despite the fact that the Offense (outside of McGahee) struggled most of the Year...

I think it was Eric Moulds this past week that said the Team that makes the best adjustments in Game will be the Team that Wins...Well I believe (and sure I could be wrong but...) that The Bills are suffering from Mularkey and Clements lack of ability, or willingness to change...or adjust if you will...These Guys WROTE this Offense, and Offensive philosophy...And it seems as if they are willing to stick it out even if it means they lose their Jobs because of it. This is a Pass to set up the Run, Gadget Play Offense...There is NOTHING Smash Mouth about Mularkey's Offense, or Offensive philosophy...Nothing...

This is an interesting thread cause there does seem to be differing opinions on exactly what this Offense is, and how much is being asked of JP. Terrell Davis said last night on The NFL Network that Defenders he spoke with said the Bills Offense is too predictable mostly due to the fact that it is the exact same Offense as last Year with a different QB...

Butch Davis seemed to back up this claim last week (also on The NFL Network) when he said he was surprised to see the Bills were running a full Offensive Package with JP at QB. Davis seemed to think JP was just too raw to make the correct reads/throws.

After last Sundays Game I commented that besides the occasional designed Roll Out and QB Draw, this is basically the exact same Offense, and Offensive philosophy as Last Season. This is Mularkey/Clements...it's who they are...And if we can all just dial back the clock to a year ago we would remember that the exact same comments were being made about this Offense with Bledsoe at QB...Especially where committment to the Run was concerned...The Winning streak washed away much of that criticism, despite the fact that the Offense (outside of McGahee) struggled most of the Year...

I think it was Eric Moulds this past week that said the Team that makes the best adjustments in Game will be the Team that Wins...Well I believe (and sure I could be wrong but...) that The Bills are suffering from Mularkey and Clements lack of ability, or willingness to change...or adjust if you will...These Guys WROTE this Offense, and Offensive philosophy...And it seems as if they are willing to stick it out even if it means they lose their Jobs because of it. This is a Pass to set up the Run, Gadget Play Offense...There is NOTHING Smash Mouth about Mularkey's Offense, or Offensive philosophy...Nothing...

465306[/snapback]

Good points. We don't have a Deon Sanders or that type of player. But as a coach you should put your players in a position to succeed, as opposed to, having players fit your offensive scheme.

Maybe J.P. for Rivers isn't a bad deal. JP is a West Coast offense & Rivers is a traditional drop back.

On NFL Total Access tonight.  According to Saints linebackers & secondary, the Bills offense is very predictable.  The linebackers were able to creep up anticipating the predictable plays.  The Saints defense were quoted as stating that it seems J.P. is being "harnessed".  J.P. is not doing what he does well, be a playmaker on designed rollouts etc.

This is coming from an un-biased opponent.  Basically they seem to feel bad for the opposing QB cause of the playcalling........strange.

464184[/snapback]

Not at all strange. They have been predictable for the last 5 or so years. :)

After last Sundays Game I commented that besides the occasional designed Roll Out and QB Draw, this is basically the exact same Offense, and Offensive philosophy as Last Season. This is Mularkey/Clements...it's who they are...

This is a Pass to set up the Run, Gadget Play Offense...There is NOTHING Smash Mouth about Mularkey's Offense, or Offensive philosophy...Nothing...

465306[/snapback]

You're talking about the offense that was No. 9 in the number of rushing carries in the league in 2004?

Just checking.

You're talking about the offense that was No. 9 in the number of rushing carries in the league in 2004?

Just checking.

465415[/snapback]

They're at 13th this year (15th in att/game)...without the "run out the clock" attempts padding the totals like in the blowouts last year...

They're at 13th this year (15th in att/game)...without the "run out the clock" attempts padding the totals like in the blowouts last year...

465509[/snapback]

Of course the 20 scrambles that Losman has count as runs as well. Drew had 3 all of last year. So take 20 from our total and see where we sit.

464200[/snapback]

wait a secnd - i listened to the game on radio too, and avp ripped losman a new one on the misread that led to the INT. and, after the game, he went after him again, saying that moulds made the right read and shifted from a post into a crossing route, and that losman needs to see the deep help (which he didn't read).

and near #2 (just behind pitt and tied more or less with atl, if i recall) in the percentage of rushing plays (60.3%)?

465531[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? The numbers I've seen are at about 50/50. Of course, VA insists that we run just 40% of the time.

wait a secnd - i listened to the game on radio too, and avp ripped losman a new one on the misread that led to the INT. and, after the game, he went after him again, saying that moulds made the right read and shifted from a post into a crossing route, and that losman needs to see the deep help (which he didn't read).

465528[/snapback]

Which could very well explain one of Losman's comments this week (if I remember correctly???) that he can't keep making the same mistakes. Too lazy to dig it up, but I think that was the sentiment at the time.