interesting stuff from lenny p's column today

With all due respect to the fat man, This is bull sh--. Nate Clements has got to be the most over-hyped cover corner I've ever see play the game.

How many INTs does he have this year?

Any punt returns?

how about penalties.....now THERE's an area he's excelled at.

463321[/snapback]

Players are not judged on stats- Clements is one of the best corners we've ever had- I'd take him over interception man,Nate Odomes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...

You want to lock up a HUGE chunk of the salary cap in a guy like Clements rather than spending it on the REAL problems that this team has?

Not wise....and why TD has been a failure to date. Too much money on the periphery, not enough on the core.

463344[/snapback]

we dont spend the money on Clements then we create a problem

Players are not judged on stats- Clements is one of the best corners we've ever had- I'd take him over interception man,Nate Odomes

463763[/snapback]

on what plays are you basing this conclusion.

Clements was toasted all game long against NO.

Not sure why this type of play would deserve a big contract.

Clements is either franchised and traded or out right let go to free agency. No way the Bills can spend that much money on a cornerback. Great (and I use the term very loosely in Clements case) are not a neccissity for a winning team. The money would be much better spent on other positions on the team.

High paid cornerbacks are a luxery only those teams that have no chance of going to the Super Bowl can afford.

So...

You want to lock up a HUGE chunk of the salary cap in a guy like Clements rather than spending it on the REAL problems that this team has?

Not wise....and why TD has been a failure to date. Too much money on the periphery, not enough on the core.

463344[/snapback]

Yup - let "look at me Nate" walk. Use the money from Nate to buy in 3 new OL, 2 new DTs.

Our priority for the off season should be:

OG

DT

OT

OG

WR

DT

DE

CB

LB

Clements needs to learn to tackle players before you start calling me one of the best in the NFL. THey guy could not cover the Saints #2 guy all day long. Just image what would have happen if Horn was in the game.

This team has no foundation on the lines as a result the team is falling apart. You can build a beautiful home on quick sand, but what good is beautiful home if it is at the bottom of the sand pit.

We need line men you can block.

With all due respect to the fat man, This is bull sh--. Nate Clements has got to be the most over-hyped cover corner I've ever see play the game.

How many INTs does he have this year?

Any punt returns?

how about penalties.....now THERE's an area he's excelled at.

463321[/snapback]