Glass half full

BobbyC81

Well, trying to stay optimistic, this was only the 4th game.

I was looking back to last year in my Bills' Yearbook. Of course, everyone remembers we were 0-4. The game in Week 4 was the close loss to the Jets on a Brien FG at the end. The Bills had trailed 10-0 at the half but scored 2 4th qtr TDs to take the lead. Bledsoe played well with only 1 INT and 2 TD passes and was sacked 4 times.

I remember being very disappointed with the 0-4 start after all the promise going into the year, and had no way of expecting the great run the Bills had in the 2nd half of the season.

As we know now, the Bills amazingly almost made the playoffs.

Looking at this season now, the 1-3 start is very disappointing, but 2 of the losses have been against playoff caliber teams in Tampa and Atlanta, with the Tampa loss on the road.

This can still be fixed, people!! The season is not lost!! With New England losing, the Bills are only one win out of 1st in their division. Last season, the 5th game was at home vs Miami. The same is true for this season. The rivalry makes the teams' records and how they've played meaningless.

Sure, the performance of the offense and Losman so far is very discouraging, but they can still click. We won't know for a couple days likely if Mularkey may pull the unexpected and start Holcomb next week. If he did, and Kelly had the whole week of practice as the starter, we'd likely see something better out of him than we've seen with him coming into a game trailing.

If the Bills stick with Losman, we may still see him have a good game next week. Who knows??!!

After last season, I , for one, will not consider the Bills out of the playoffs until they are mathematically eliminated nor that they can't still have a winning season until they've lost an 8th game

the difference about last year to this was the 9 game run was against some crappy teams (well most of them) and the second we played a great team again we got humiliated

this year our schedule is extremely difficult and i doubt we'll be able to pull the magic again

I can't help but be optimistic, but with the way that the playcalling has been, protection, penalties, defense as a whole, etc. has been going, it's very very hard to be optimistic. The only bright i saw today was that losman has an absolute cannon, he can scramble, and he's got a passion (unlike DB in his last couple years, and Capt. Questionable, RJ). If the bills do well, it will be a complete team effort this year... At least i can still see the upside of JP.

I can't help but be optimistic, but with the way that the playcalling has been, protection, penalties, defense as a whole, etc. has been going, it's very very hard to be optimistic.  The only bright i saw today was that losman has an absolute cannon, he can scramble, and he's got a passion (unlike DB in his last couple years, and Capt. Questionable, RJ).  If the bills do well, it will be a complete team effort this year...  At least i can still see the upside of JP.

461723[/snapback]

Yes, he's very good at giving high fives to guys on the sideline as they come off the field...

Yes, he's very good at giving high fives to guys on the sideline as they come off the field...

461735[/snapback]

hey man, i had to stretch for an optimistic post. give me some credit for at least trying. Plus, giving guys high fives is better than just standing there frozen in time, or trying to get some camera time with your drum set.

461735[/snapback]

Yeah, at least he wasn't standing there with his baseball cap on backwards looking spacy like we saw with RJ.

This can still be fixed, people!! The season is not lost!!  With New England losing, the Bills are only one win out of 1st in their division.  Last season, the 5th game was at home vs Miami.  The same is true for this season.  The rivalry makes the teams' records and how they've played meaningless.

461706[/snapback]

Last season, the Bills showed some good flashes during the 0-4 start. This season, the haven't even had a pulse for the past 3 weeks.

I agree that the glass is half full, but will empty very quickly if Bills stick with Losman going forward.

The kid still has potential, but if Bills want to make the playoffs this year, he needs to be on the bench for at least one more year.