Quick, I need some fantasy football help.

PIZ

I'm in a league where we can make trades, and some guy is offering this to me:

He gives me: Steve McNair (QB) and Marty Booker (WR)

I give him: David Carr (QB) and Tyrone Williamson (WR)

My QBs suck: I currently have David Carr, JP Losman, and Kurt Warner

I have WRs Boldin, Moulds, Evans, Marcus Robinson, Matt Jones, and Travis Taylor

Seems like a good trade to me. What do you think. By the way, I am currently 0 and 3.

I would do it.

BTW you have to many players from the same team on your roster.  If a teams whole offense sucks in one week it will hurt you bad.  Need to spread it around.

459223[/snapback]

Yeah, hence the 0 - 3 record. I also have McGahee and the Bills defense. I gambled that the Bills would dominate. :(

I'll get the joke out, yeah, we knew you were 0-3 by looking at what you had ...

I would take the trade in a heartbeat. Carr is a horrible fantasy QB, even worse in leagues that count sacks against the QB. Williamson will be a stud WR, next year. He may do great down the stretch, but you need more now than later. If there's any chance for Moulds/Evans to do well, it'll be later in the season. Do it!

I'm shocked that you are 0-3 with those studs. :( I drafted Carr as my backup and just cut him this week to pick up McNair. The receivers are equally useless. They might put up decent numbers here and there but neither is an every week guy. Basicall this deal is QB for QB and McNair is playing much better than Carr. IMHO.

Either way this isn't exactly a blockbuster deal that will make or break you.

I'm in a league where we can make trades, and some guy is offering this to me:

He gives me:  Steve McNair (QB) and Marty Booker (WR)

I give him:    David Carr (QB) and Tyrone Williamson (WR)

My QBs suck:  I currently have David Carr, JP Losman, and Kurt Warner

I have WRs Boldin, Moulds, Evans, Marcus Robinson, Matt Jones, and Travis Taylor

Seems like a good trade to me.  What do you think.  By the way, I am currently 0 and 3.

459214[/snapback]

Why is Carr even on somebody's roster? Is this a 15 team league? Hell, why is Losman on somebody's roster? Why do you have 3 QBs? Carrying any more than 2 is generally a mistake and a waste of a roster spot unless your league specifically says you have to carry 3.

As to the question, yeah make the trade, McNair is better than any of the QBs currently on your squad. Also, is theret nobody else out there you can pick up that's better than Losman (Eli or Ferrotte for example).

Yeah, hence the 0 - 3 record.  I also have McGahee and the Bills defense.  I gambled that the Bills would dominate. :(

459227[/snapback]

Even if the Bills did dominate your team wouldn't do well. There's only 1 ball to go around and McGahee, Moulds, Evans and Losman aren't all going to put up big numbers in the same game.

Not to harp on it...  but our Bye week is gonna kill you...  :(

459239[/snapback]

Boy do I suck at fantasy football, although last year I started 0 - 4 and ended up winning the thing. I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but my backup kicker is Rian Lindell.

I'm going to do the trade and start McNair.

My bye week I'll put in Detroit's defense, Marcus Robinson (WR) and Travis Taylor (WR).

Why is Carr even on somebody's roster?  Is this a 15 team league?  Hell, why is Losman on somebody's roster?  Why do you have 3 QBs? Carrying any more than 2 is generally a mistake and a waste of a roster spot unless your league specifically says you have to carry 3.

As to the question, yeah make the trade, McNair is better than any of the QBs currently on your squad.  Also, is theret nobody else out there you can pick up that's better than Losman (Eli or Ferrotte for example).

459240[/snapback]

I have Losman, Carr, Warner, and Frerotte. We have to have 3, but I picked up an extra one (Frerotte) because I was hoping by now one would be getting me the numbers, but none has.

By the looks of it he's your best player.  Got to watch those homer picks.  Although I'll admit I picked up the Bills defense early.  Real early.

459249[/snapback]

Yeah, me too. Last year, they practically won every game for me, since in my league special teams yards and TD count alot.

I have Losman, Carr, Warner, and Frerotte.  We have to have 3, but I picked up an extra one (Frerotte) because I was hoping by now one would be getting me the numbers, but none has.

459247[/snapback]

How does your league score? In my league(s) Frerotte is currently the 8th highest (on avg) QB in the league right now at 16 points a game (6pts for every passing or rushing TD, 1 point for every 25 yards thrown and -2 points for every INT). Frerotte isn't going to be a top 10 QB by the end of the year but he's the best thing on your team right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.