Not much respect for JP from NO D

PromoTheRobot

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the assumption of his running ability comes from the fact that he isn't black. Sad, but perhaps true.

459283[/snapback]

wait...... so JP is just as good running as vick, culpepper, and mcnabb but its because he's white that he's not getting the press?

Steve Young, Jake Plummer, Archie Manning obviously dont get the credit they deserve in the running game because they are white...... yeah

my point being is that its 3 games into the season, JP has done NOTHING running the ball to make us believe he is a legitimate threat, so until he does, he wont get that repspect, and with those other guys, when he does establish himself his color wont hold back the critics because others have done it in the past

wait...... so JP is just as good running as vick, culpepper, and mcnabb but its because he's white that he's not getting the press?

Steve Young, Jake Plummer, Archie Manning obviously dont get the credit they deserve in the running game because they are white...... yeah

my point being is that its 3 games into the season, JP has done NOTHING running the ball to make us believe he is a legitimate threat, so until he does, he wont get that repspect, and with those other guys, when he does establish himself his color wont hold back the critics because others have done it in the past

459289[/snapback]

Three things...

1. I did not say that Losman can run as well as those QBs, although I will say that I think there's plenty of evidence that he is one of the faster starters out there. (If only he could throw the ball with any decent accuracy.)

2. I did not say anything about credit being due to JP or that the football world at large is saying he cannot run. I just intended to point out that NO players were acting like the guy doesn't have any wheels. That idea seems very dubious.

3. NO players were saying that he was not a threat to run, period. Not that he was just not as good as Michael Vick.

But whatever, I do not have enough emotion invested in that previous post to warrant following up any further.

I'm sure this guy is just repeating what N.O.'s defensive coaches have been saying all week. I wouldn't be scared of JP if I was on defense. He was adequate against the worst team in the league, and horrible in his last two.

Plus, I'm sure these guys have seen JP play a little bit (especially the coaches.) He did spend 4 years in Nawlins playing for Tulane, in the Superdome. I'm sure they at least saw him in college, when he (supposedly) played like a 1st round draft pick.

If JP plays like he has in the past two games, he can expect to hear at least one defensive player per week chirping to the media about how "We ain't scared of him." If he starts leading touchdown drives and winning games, it will coincidentally become a lot quieter on media day.

Three things...

1. I did not say that Losman can run as well as those QBs, although I will say that I think there's plenty of evidence that he is one of the faster starters out there. (If only he could throw the ball with any decent accuracy.)

2. I did not say anything about credit being due to JP or that the football world at large is saying he cannot run. I just intended to point out that NO players were acting like the guy doesn't have any wheels. That idea seems very dubious.

3. NO players were saying that he was not a threat to run, period. Not that he was just not as good as Michael Vick.

But whatever, I do not have enough emotion invested in that previous post to warrant following up any further.

459299[/snapback]

who cares about running cut him loose and throw it deep with plenty of mcgahee to loosen these teams up...he's got the arm, threaten with points, conservative play with relying on the defense is not jp's style, nor mularkeys

Hey PromoTheRobot, I was thinking the same thing earlier today about JP just tuning everybody and just follow his instints. At this point I don't think Losman would perform worse. Let him use his natural abilities and not overanalyze. It appears to me that when JP tries to be a student it is causing him confusion that leads to indecisions. He was drafted for his athletic ability not his game planning. And no he's not Peyton Manning, but then again he's not suppose to be.

Fakhir might have a point about JP being able to straight drop back and pass. He threw from the shotgun in Tulane right? All of this about using rollouts and his mobility could be cover for JPs inability to hit a WR on a 5 yard out from a 3 step drop...

If so he and we have a long season ahead. He'll have so much to learn.