Is Ron Mexico a NFL taboo?

Maybe This has been brought up but I havn't seen anything about it.

When entering the Ralph sunday we noticed that the gate security crew was banning Ron Mexico shirts or forcing the guys to to wear them inside out.

WGR was handing out signs that said "who is Ron Mexico" and on the other side "I am Ron Mexico". I saw some confiscated by the Gate Security and I saw none of the signs inside the stadium.

What is happening to the No Fun League? After the game the deep thinkers in the parking lot had a theory that the NFL was pushing up Mike Vicks popularity for Publicity purposes and put the "WORD" on the Ron Mexico stuff.

Does anyone out there have any information about this?

GO BILLS!

What is happening to the No Fun League?  After the game the deep thinkers in the parking lot had a theory that the NFL was pushing up Mike Vicks popularity for Publicity purposes and put the "WORD" on the Ron Mexico stuff. 

457798[/snapback]

That's it exactly. When the "Ron Mexico" story broke ESPN didn't mention it at all. It's a story that was tailor-made for The Sports Guy and even he has not mentioned it to my knowledge. I remember watching PTI and Kornheiser made a comment about Ron Mexico as they were fading to commercial and Wilbon said something like "You're in trouble now". It's downright Orwellian how the NFL and ESPN squelched any mention of Mr. Mexico.

It's pretty stupid to hype Vick so much anyway when you think about it. He's a leg injury away from becoming a very mediocre QB...

Earlier Mexico thread:

ron mexico shirts

When entering the Ralph sunday we noticed that the gate security crew was banning Ron Mexico shirts or forcing the guys to to wear them inside out.

WGR was handing out signs that said "who is Ron Mexico" and on the other side "I am Ron Mexico". I saw some confiscated by the Gate Security and I saw none of the signs inside the stadium.

What is happening to the No Fun League?  After the game the deep thinkers in the parking lot had a theory that the NFL was pushing up Mike Vicks popularity for Publicity purposes and put the "WORD" on the Ron Mexico stuff. 

GO BILLS!

457798[/snapback]

Guest BackInDaDay

GO BILLS!

457798[/snapback]

Ron Mexico is old news... In local Atlanta night-spots he's now known as 'Johnny Utah'. The NFL just doesn't want to confuse his female fans. :lol:

It's pretty stupid to hype Vick so much anyway when you think about it. He's a leg injury away from becoming a very mediocre QB...

457807[/snapback]

And you know thats coming sooner rather than later. Vick is a perfect example of marketing a "star".

The Heard on ESPN radio is always gushing about Vick. ESPN loves Vick. He says Vick puts more people in the seats and makes more people watch the NFL on TV than any other player today.

So if you believe it, Vick is the breadwinner for the NFL therefore his name will not be tarnished. Even by Vick himself.

We can file this one under The Emperor Has No Clothes

He's the new darling of the NFL, should have been obvious from Sunday's game.

457823[/snapback]

Yes, the announcers were incredibly eager to fellate Vick, especially given the seriousness of his disorder.

:lol:

That's the ONE thing I hate about the NFL. There's no longer the semblance of balance in the broadcast booth.