new orleans - anyone have thoughts?

dave mcbride

i read today that bellamy, their 10 year starter at strong safety, is out for the year with an acl tear. while that's bad for him (obviously), that's good for the bills. has anyone watched them versus the run this year? I know jonathan sullivan stunk his first two years at DT; has he stepped up finally? their lack of a strong safety will certainly help the bills' running game and theoretically their short/medium passing game. how's mckenzie (he of the recent huge contract extension) playing at CB? mcallister?

i know they beat a pretty good carolina team, but they've had carolina's number for a while now and i don't put a whole lot of stock in it. they couldn't stop the giants or the vikes at all.

i like the bills' chances on offense this weekend - they should be able to score over 20 points. if the bills' offense doesn't produce against this crew because of qb play, then i think it's pretty clear that losman will pretty much stink this season (i'm not saying future seasons, though). also, if the bills want to salvage the season -- which i certainly hope is what they want -- they should turn to holcomb for the all important miami game. if losman stinks it up against the saints, i can't seem being anything but horrible v. the dolphins, who have again have a very solid defense and a great defensive coach in saban.

Well... after getting gashed for 500 yards on the ground in the past two weeks, the thought of the Bills defense going up against Duece McCallister (or even Duece Bigelow for that matter) does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. As far as scoring 20 points? Can Lindell nail 7 field goals? Cuz JP aint gonna do it with his arm, and I'm pretty sure the Saints know that and they also know that #21 is their only threat.

Well... after getting gashed for 500 yards on the ground in the past two weeks, the thought of the Bills defense going up against Duece McCallister (or even Duece Bigelow for that matter) does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.  As far as scoring 20 points? Can Lindell nail 7 field goals?  Cuz JP aint gonna do it with his arm, and I'm pretty sure the Saints know that and they also know that #21 is their only threat.

457736[/snapback]

7 field goals? I hope so..He is one of my fantasy kickers :lol:

Well... after getting gashed for 500 yards on the ground in the past two weeks, the thought of the Bills defense going up against Duece McCallister (or even Duece Bigelow for that matter) does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

457736[/snapback]

What about Bam Bam Bigelow?

Well... after getting gashed for 500 yards on the ground in the past two weeks, the thought of the Bills defense going up against Duece McCallister (or even Duece Bigelow for that matter) does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.  As far as scoring 20 points? Can Lindell nail 7 field goals?  Cuz JP aint gonna do it with his arm, and I'm pretty sure the Saints know that and they also know that #21 is their only threat.

457736[/snapback]

if you are right in your prediction that losman is not going to improve this week, then there's no way he should start against miami. i am absolutely opposed to throwing away the season for long run considerations. as keynes said, in the long run we'll all be dead. that said, i don't think anyone here has any basis to claim that his game is not on a developmentally upward trajectory. it may well be, and if it is, then this is the week it should be evident. saying he will continue to stink because he played very poorly in the second and third games of his career is baseless pessimism. as a card carrying pessimist, even i find your lack of hope disturbing.

i read today that bellamy, their 10 year starter at strong safety, is out for the year with an acl tear. while that's bad for him (obviously), that's good for the bills. has anyone watched them versus the run this year? I know jonathan sullivan stunk his first two years at DT; has he stepped up finally? their lack of a strong safety will certainly help the bills' running game and theoretically their short/medium passing game. how's mckenzie (he of the recent huge contract extension) playing at CB? mcallister?

i know they beat a pretty good carolina team, but they've had carolina's number for a while now and i don't put a whole lot of stock in it.  they couldn't stop the giants or the vikes at all.

i like the bills' chances on offense this weekend - they should be able to score over 20 points. if the bills' offense doesn't produce against this crew because of qb play, then i think it's pretty clear that losman will pretty much stink this season (i'm not saying future seasons, though).  also, if the bills want to salvage the season -- which i certainly hope is what they want -- they should turn to holcomb for the all important miami game. if losman stinks it up against the saints, i can't seem being anything but horrible v. the dolphins, who have again have a very solid defense and a great defensive coach in saban.

457719[/snapback]

I'll say Saints 24 Bills 9. I think the struggles continue. Hopefully JP won't get injured.

if you are right in your prediction that losman is not going to improve this week, then there's no way he should start against miami.  i am absolutely opposed to throwing away the season for long run considerations.

457760[/snapback]

The only way we throw away this season is if we start Holcomb. The club will get absolutely nothing out of it, short term or long.

JoeSixPack,

You are engaging in line infringement. We must ask that you cease and desist from this activity immediately. Further violations could result in legal action. Thank you.

457791[/snapback]

Who is Ahr & Ahr & Associates, to be making these idle threats to the 7 1/2 year old who posts pictures of women of questionable beauty.

i know they beat a pretty good carolina team, but they've had carolina's number for a while now and i don't put a whole lot of stock in it.  they couldn't stop the giants or the vikes at all.

i like the bills' chances on offense this weekend - they should be able to score over 20 points. if the bills' offense doesn't produce against this crew because of qb play, then i think it's pretty clear that losman will pretty much stink this season (i'm not saying future seasons, though).  also, if the bills want to salvage the season -- which i certainly hope is what they want -- they should turn to holcomb for the all important miami game. if losman stinks it up against the saints, i can't seem being anything but horrible v. the dolphins, who have again have a very solid defense and a great defensive coach in saban.

457719[/snapback]

They mostly shot themselves in the foot vs. the Giants & Vikings. Granted they have a habit of doing that, but if they decide not to this game, it's going to be very tough. I don't think it's a great matchup because although they have weaknesses elsewhere, they're good on both sides of the line; so they're pretty much the opposite of the Bills. Also, McAllister could have a big game receiving with Spikes out and a gimpy Fletcher. I also get the feeling that it's going to be one of the more jacked up crowds in recent memory.