Boston Legal

aussiew

I don't like some of the changes they made to the show. All of a sudden there's this new character who happens to be a senior partner, yet we never saw her before? Also, Shore was bossing around that other lawyer (I forget his name). Wasn't that guy a senior partner too?

Other than those minor issues, the show was very entertaining. Shatner's still ridiculoulsy funny.

All of a sudden there's this new character who happens to be a senior partner

She was a senior 'ASSOCIATE', which is considerably different. Probably like VPs at many banking type institutions.

Also, I noticed that Monica Potter & Rhonda Mitra were listed as like 'special guests'. Does that mean they are writing them out? Bummer.

I was an avid fan of the show but I feel like they lost their luster in yesterday's episode. Wasn't Brad-ly Alan's boss before? I didn't sense that was the case anymore. I always loved the exchanges between those too.

I think the show needs to be more about Alan Shore. That's when it's at its best. The Practice was revived when it became more about Alan Shore.

Did Monica Potter even appear on the show yesterday? If her and Rhona are being written off, that would suck!

I like what they did with Tara's ex-British boyfriend. He is just like Alan in every way possible. That should setup a great "battle" between the two for Tara.

Even though it wasn't up to my standards from before, it was still very entertaining to watch.

Did Monica Potter even appear on the show yesterday? If her and Rhona are being written off, that would suck!

I recall seeing her in the background during a meeting, but don't recall any speaking by her. (But she easily could've; I just don't recall off the top of my head.)

She was a senior 'ASSOCIATE', which is considerably different.  Probably like VPs at many banking type institutions.

Also, I noticed that Monica Potter & Rhonda Mitra were listed as like 'special guests'.  Does that mean they are writing them out?  Bummer.

457772[/snapback]

Sorry, I'm not up on all the law firm terminology, but you get the point. She's this somewhat high ranking lawyer at the firm yet we've never seen her before? I guess it's possible, but it still seemed strange to me.

Was Monica Potter listed as a special guest? I say Mitra's name but must have missed Potter. I was assuming that Mitra would be leaving shortly because of this (she'll probably leave with the old boyfriend). Personally, I think writing both of them off the show sucks. At the end of the season, they started to develop a little chemistry with Potter's character and Shore. I would've liked to see where they wanted to go with that.

Sorry, I'm not up on all the law firm terminology, but you get the point.  She's this somewhat high ranking lawyer at the firm yet we've never seen her before?  I guess it's possible, but it still seemed strange to me.

Was Monica Potter listed as a special guest?  I say Mitra's name but must have missed Potter.  I was assuming that Mitra would be leaving shortly because of this (she'll probably leave with the old boyfriend).  Personally, I think writing both of them off the show sucks.  At the end of the season, they started to develop a little chemistry with Potter's character and Shore.  I would've liked to see where they wanted to go with that.

457906[/snapback]

My impression is that the law firm in Boston Legal is a moderately large one. They have at least two offices (Schmidt came in from another branch...NYC, right?). Wouldn't be surprising for them to have 20,40,50 lawyers in the Boston practice. I don't think the intent is to show "all" the lawyers at the firm (like an LA Law/Practice), but a core group. So it's not that the associate is "suddenly there" but that she's suddenly thrust into the story arc.

Potter and Mitra are on their way out, and I thought I had read that this particular story arc (with the "TJ Hooker" reunion B-) ) was actually originally slotted to air last season...but they decided for whatever reason to start the 2nd season with it. Would explain why Potter and Mitra are still there...