This Spikes injury is just killing me

Rubes

I can take the losses...I can take the poor defensive play...I can even take the JP struggles...

But this injury to Spikes is just a huge punch in the gut, and it's killing me. If he recovers to become a shell of what he was, just like Cowart, I'll be so tremendouly disappointed.

That's it for jerseys for me. First Winfield, now Spikes. From now on, only retired or dead people.

I can take the losses...I can take the poor defensive play...I can even take the JP struggles...

But this injury to Spikes is just a huge punch in the gut, and it's killing me. If he recovers to become a shell of what he was, just like Cowart, I'll be so tremendouly disappointed.

That's it for jerseys for me. First Winfield, now Spikes. From now on, only retired or dead people.

456525[/snapback]

That's why I went with Willis.

Dude's already recovered from a vicious injury.

Every team in the afc east except Miami lost a very important player this weekend.

The Bflo story in the news says his lower leg was bothering him last week. You cant be that huge and expect your body's tendons, etc to hold up while you run around like a rabid dog.

i love the guy and hope he comes back with a vengence.

It sucks that he went down and I feel for him... I tore my achilles tendon at gymnastic Nationals one year on my first vault... it was the most god awful thing in the world and I just wanted to cut my lower leg off cuz it hurt so bad (and I have insanely high pain tolerance) ... I was in a cast for months and unable to do anything more than walking for a long time after I was out of the cast because it was just so painful and hard to get the flexibility back in your ankle. Hopefully the damage isn't too crazy and that they come up with a good rehab program after wards. I'm a better gymnast now than I was before the injury, so hopefully Spikes will come bouncing back from his next year.

Even some of my buddies who are raging Jets fans and hate the Bills with a passion LOVE Spikes. It's hard not to like him. He is a warrior, and single-handedly worth the $45 ticket.

Any truth to the rumors that Spikes had an injury to his right lower calf (which extends down to the achilles?) I know he sat out practice Friday with what MM called "a day off." Now I'm hearing he's been having issues in that area.

Anyways, I'm not blaming anybody...I don't think there's any way you could've kept Spikes off the field, since he's never been injured for a game before. In hindsight, I'd love to see him out for 2-3 weeks to heal (if he was injured) instead of a torn achilles, but you can't think like that.

Bottom line- hope he heals well and returns 100%. Many don't fully bounce back from that injury.

I'm a better gymnast now than I was before the injury, so hopefully Spikes will come bouncing back from his next year.

456546[/snapback]

That's good to hear, especially considering Spikes probably has access to even better doctors/rehab people and equipment than you did. I sure hope he comes back - by far my favorite player on the team (and the first jersey I've ever purchased, although my in-laws bought me an Antowain Smith jersey the year before he left the team.... :o ).

CW

456525[/snapback]

I fear you are right. I'm a big Spikes fan, having watched him since his rookie year. He covers so much of the field and is one of those special players that really makes those around him better.

It took a full two seasons for the B'gal's LB corps to recover from his absence.

I'm on the Crowell bandwagon now, he's gonna step up, I can feel it.

456547[/snapback]

Lets see if the coaching staff can plug in guys like the Pats seem to do and never miss a beat. Granted, it is TKO and he is the heart and soul of the defense, but the Pats have lost Bruschi and now Harrison who (between the two of them) would constitute being a large part of their emotion and leadership on defense and I am sure they are going to acheive as they have in the past.

With that said, I think that Crowell will rise to the occasion and play some inspired football knowing that he is not only filling in for the main cog on our defense, but also realising that this could be the only chance he gets to show the world what he's got.

Lets see if the coaching staff can plug in guys like the Pats seem to do and never miss a beat.  Granted, it is TKO and he is the heart and soul of the defense, but the Pats have lost Bruschi and now Harrison who (between the two of them) would constitute being a large part of their emotion and leadership on defense and I am sure they are going to acheive as they have in the past. 

With that said, I think that Crowell will rise to the occasion and play some inspired football knowing that he is not only filling in for the main cog on our defense, but also realising that this could be the only chance he gets to show the world what he's got.

456673[/snapback]

Personally, I thought Crowell did a man's job filling in during the time he was out there in the last game. Definitely an improvement over the week before. I think with considerably more practice time with the first team, he may be able to hold his own.

Problem is, we need more from our defense than just 'holding their own'. We need playmakers, like TKO.