This Spikes injury is just killing me

Rubes

It's only a consolation, but if Spikes is anything like I think he is, he'll have so much game film study burned into his head over the next number of months that next year he'll be getting to the ball that much quicker, possibly off-setting any loss in speed. I don't see any quit in that guy.

just saying that it seemed he filled in much better as an OLB when Spikes went down.  I'd much rather have Spikes in there, but I think the dropoff would have been greater if Fletcher couldn't go instead.

456728[/snapback]

Ah, gotcha.

That's good to hear, especially considering Spikes probably has access to even better doctors/rehab people and equipment than you did.  I sure hope he comes back - by far my favorite player on the team (and the first jersey I've ever purchased, although my in-laws bought me an Antowain Smith jersey the year before he left the team....  :D  ).

CW

456621[/snapback]

Just remember this is almost the same injury the ended Cowarts career

Just remember this is almost the same injury the ended Cowarts career

456851[/snapback]

We don't know the extent of Spikes injury vs the extent of Cowart's. In addition, didn't Cowart get injured again early the next season? Who's to say which injury made him a shell of his former self.

Lastly, that was five years ago --- medicine is progressing very quickly, so that may factor well on Spikes' side.

In short, we have no idea how he's going to recover. I'm just crossing my fingers that he returns to his Pro Bowl form.

CW