Posey at MLB

VABills

I'm afraid without Spikes. Fletcher is not 100%. Where was Stamer? He was a demon in the preason.

I'm wondering if Fletcher has become a little long in the tooth. He does'nt seem to have the speed he once did. The same can be said for Adams ans Vincent. It may be time for a youth injection on that defense.

I'm afraid without Spikes. Fletcher is not 100%. Where was Stamer? He was a demon in the preason. 

I'm wondering if Fletcher has become a little long in the tooth. He does'nt seem to have the speed he once did. The same can be said for Adams ans Vincent. It may be time for a youth injection on that defense.

455036[/snapback]

I saw stamer in some as well. But there was one play with Posey in the Middle and Crowell and Haggan on the outside that I just could not believe it.

Posey was one of few on the defense who actually played a pretty good game yesterday although nobody is without blame. I thought Crowell accounted for himself nicely as well. Most of the big ATL runs came as result of gap control discipline (lack of) issues as a team unit. I didn't see as much getting "blown off the ball" as I did the week before. They would have the hole closed and leave the back side open on all of Dunn's successful runs. I think that happened like 4 times, but they were very long runs each time.

Posey was one of few on the defense who actually played a pretty good game yesterday although nobody is without blame. I thought Crowell accounted for himself nicely as well. Most of the big ATL runs came as result of gap control discipline (lack of) issues as a team unit. I didn't see as much getting "blown off the ball" as I did the week before. They would have the hole closed and leave the back side open on all of Dunn's successful runs. I think that happened like 4 times, but they were very long runs each time.

455188[/snapback]

Not controlling your gap against a zone blocking team IS getting "blown off the ball."

Not controlling your gap against a zone blocking team IS getting "blown off the ball."

455194[/snapback]

The result is no different so in that you are correct, but gap discipline in my eyes is certainly different than getting physically pushed off of the LOS, which is what happened to them last week :(

Either way , they didn't do their jobs well.