just watched the post game interview of jp

Beerfist

I'd rather have him cry than say show no emotion at all.

I think.

454564[/snapback]

No u dont. Trust me. Another one of these games, and he will cry. I really cant believe this. If we dont make a move, there wont be anymore "Next Ryan Leaf" talk about potential NFL busts, it will be "next JP Losman" talk.

This guy is going to break down the next game he struggles like this.

No u dont. Trust me.  Another one of these games, and he will cry.  I really cant believe this.  If we dont make a move, there wont be anymore "Next Ryan Leaf" talk about potential NFL busts, it will be "next JP Losman" talk.

454569[/snapback]

It's almost like you want him to.

The kid will be fine. Dick Vermiel cries after every game.

No u dont. Trust me.  Another one of these games, and he will cry.  I really cant believe this.  If we dont make a move, there wont be anymore "Next Ryan Leaf" talk about potential NFL busts, it will be "next JP Losman" talk.

454569[/snapback]

I posted on that a couple times

I just don't know if JP is mature enough to struggle. He was so confident, and it' hard to imagine after what he has said that he has any inclination of how to handle what’s going on right now. He was the toast of the town, and now some are turning on him. He needs to pick himself up because if he appears to be a broken man it will really cripple the rest of the team’s confidence.

The Bills have scored 41 points in three games this year. Last year after three games, with a 10 year vet at QB, we had 37. And 51 after four games. JP is not going to lose his confidence.

454578[/snapback]

Your being rational though Kelly. I just worry that his expectations of himself are so far out of whack that he can't look at this in a rational way.

The Bills have scored 41 points in three games this year. Last year after three games, with a 10 year vet at QB, we had 37. And 51 after four games. JP is not going to lose his confidence.

Actually, you're forgetting that McGee took a kick to the house vs NE in game3 last year. So the offense only had 30pts after three games and 44 after 4 games.

Your being rational though Kelly. I just worry that his expectations of himself are so far out of whack that he can't look at this in a rational way.

454579[/snapback]

The guy's one major criticism of him coming out was that he was too cocky. He is not going to tank because he loses confidence. He could suck this entire season as he has these last two games and to me, he is going to think he's going to be a great quarterback. The guy has a ton of talent, he has all the skills, he has a good feel for the game. He needs time. EVERYONE, all the scouts, all the coaches, all the pundits, all the people that saw him and didnt see him said he was a young RAW talent that was going to struggle earlier, but if you're patient with him he could be better than all of them. That is still very much the case. I am not saying that he is going to be better than Eli or Ben or Rivers, but that was not the knock on Rothlisberger. He was known for being a good manager of a game and experienced in college and likely ready to play a lot earlier than Losman.

The guy's one major criticism of him coming out was that he was too cocky. He is not going to tank because he loses confidence. He could suck this entire season as he has these last two games and to me, he is going to think he's going to be a great quarterback. The guy has a ton of talent, he has all the skills, he has a good feel for the game. He needs time. EVERYONE, all the scouts, all the coaches, all the pundits, all the people that saw him and didnt see him said he was a young RAW talent that was going to struggle earlier, but if you're patient with him he could be better than all of them. That is still very much the case. I am not saying that he is going to be better than Eli or Ben or Rivers, but that was not the knock on Rothlisberger. He was known for being a good manager of a game and experienced in college and likely ready to play a lot earlier than Losman.

454587[/snapback]

I'm not giving up on JP at all. This is what I thought we would get early on so I can't say I'm surprised in anyway. But nobody knows for sure how he will handle this situation and the criticism he will receive. He has never experienced this before, and it's got to be a pretty big adjustment to go from everybody’s media darling to what will be happening this week in Buffalo.

i am all for giving him time...and i am all for choosing him over bledsoe..but i just wish he could get some throws down the field accurately..and not get so emotionally distrought after a bad play..or at a news conference...a star qb needs to keep his composure..thats how the best become the best..with poise (ask tom brady, *shudder)...as much as i hate him, he has the most poise of any qb in the nfl...peyton and donovan are right there too, but brady has the presence and intelligence to make the perfect throw under pressure when he needs to, and i just hope that in a couple years jp will be able to learn that at the pro level..and if he doesnt, well then bring on the next qb for moulds to have to 're-adjust' to