My Economic Policy by John Kerry

KD in CA

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Yeah, because health care in Canada is free.  Doctors, nurses, radiologists all work for nothing.  They are fed at the local soup kitchen.

Are you mental?  It ain't FREE.  They pay an unbelievable tax burden for substandard care that isn't available to everyone, despite what your liberal Utopian ideology on the subject thinks.  Not long ago I posted a story about a guy who was 24 years old and needed surgery to fix a back problem.  He can no longer work.  He's on the waiting list and was told it will take 10 YEARS for him to get a surgery slot.  Until then he has almost no quality of life and has to survive on about $700 a month.

A couple of weeks ago in Vancouver, a father drove his young daughter to the hospital because she had stopped breathing.  The emergency room wouldn't admit her because she wasn't transported by paramedics.  The ER admin person dialed 911 and handed the phone to the father.  By the time the paramedics got TO THE HOSPITAL, his daughter was dead.  Because they have government health care, he has NO LEGAL RECOURSE (story reported by Paul Harvey).

If their system is so great, MOVE THERE.  Government health care = All the compassion of the IRS + All the efficiency of the DMV.

32396[/snapback]

That sounds to me like a problem that needs correcting in Vancouver!! Do you HONESTLY think that we don't have the same horror stories, and when these people HAVE LEGAL RECOURSE and want what is justly owed to them, cons label them as money-hungry people who only drive up health care costs with their lawsuits?! You can't have it one way or the other... either there is no legal recourse, or people can sue and get what they rightfully deserve if that kind of a case shows up.

What is YOUR solution to health care then? I am very curious now. What are we going to do??

That sounds to me like a problem that needs correcting in Vancouver!! Do you HONESTLY think that we don't have the same horror stories, and when these people HAVE LEGAL RECOURSE and want what is justly owed to them, cons label them as money-hungry people who only drive up health care costs with their lawsuits?! You can't have it one way or the other... either there is no legal recourse, or people can sue and get what they rightfully deserve if that kind of a case shows up.

What is YOUR solution to health care then? I am very curious now. What are we going to do??

32428[/snapback]

Yeah, leave it alone. Make people either use the free clinics available or pay for healthcare. Live within the rules of the healthcare system you are under is another. Also, a child without healthcare is stupid, because I know that every state has an inexpensive program that goes home and offers basic healthcare for uninsured children for about $25 during that year.

What I want to know is, what's Bush's economic solution? I am curious to see a speech like that from him, where he tries to outline his ideas.

Here is a sampling of what we get from him... all generalities... feel-good statements, cliches, and sound bites. Please someone, post a link where he outlines his plans WITHOUT such generalities.

Bush on Medicare, 2003

Here is what FORBES has to say about his 'plan' in 2003:

Forbes analysis

He doesn't have the ability to present to the American people the things it would take to fix the system, that's why.

32304[/snapback]

I'd like to know too. As far as I can tell, it's "cut taxes, increase spending, and what's a deficit?" Personally, as I tend more towards lasseiz-faire economic beliefs, I can appreciate its simplicity...but it's still pretty much stevestojan. Like saying my "personal economy" is healthy because I've run up 80k in credit card debt and taken a 30% pay cut at work.

And therein lies the difference between the two candidates: Kerry is trying to sell his stevestojan. Bush is smart enough to keep his mouth shut. It's like I said months ago: whoever keeps his mouth shut and lets the other make a fool of himself wins the election. So far, Kerry's digging his own grave.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I'm not running for political office.

32443[/snapback]

Don't leave it at that!! :lol: That's too easy! You have posted numerous times on the failure of Canada's system, and of the malpractice issue, and yet you won't share any ideas you might have?

I was looking so forward to some hashing out of some ideas, but hey, I'll leave it at that. No matter.... I know I'LL never run for office; I might do some of those Dean screams, and get pasted REAL fast :lol:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I'd like to know too.  As far as I can tell, it's "cut taxes, increase spending, and what's a deficit?"  Personally, as I tend more towards lasseiz-faire economic beliefs, I can appreciate its simplicity...but it's still pretty much stevestojan.  Like saying my "personal economy" is healthy because I've run up 80k in credit card debt and taken a 30% pay cut at work.

And therein lies the difference between the two candidates: Kerry is trying to sell his stevestojan.  Bush is smart enough to keep his mouth stevestojan.  It's like I said months ago: whoever keeps his mouth shut and lets the other make a fool of himself wins the election.  So far, Kerry's digging his own grave.

32453[/snapback]

Yes, I agree!!! I just wish we could force them to come up with plans that are specific :lol:

I'd tend to be more laissez-faire if my father hadn't been murdered... I have seen the full machine of big business at work when out of control, and it is scary. :lol:

When I took my 'political test' in college, I was in the authoritarian area. I have evolved since then (or some say devolved... I know who you ARE!!! haha)

Don't leave it at that!! :lol: That's too easy! You have posted numerous times on the failure of Canada's system, and of the malpractice issue, and yet you won't share any ideas you might have?

I was looking so forward to some hashing out of some ideas, but hey, I'll leave it at that. No matter.... I know I'LL never run for office; I might do some of those Dean screams, and get pasted REAL fast :lol:

32454[/snapback]

I have here in the past. Unfortunately, the server meltdown cost us the archive. More than anything, I don't want to spend another couple of hours typing out a post that will be mostly ignored because the "flightsuit! Halliburton! documents! Vietnam! Purple Hearts!" crowd can't deal with anything of substance. Just not worth the time.

There are alot of good suggestions on the internet that don't involve the government. Do some research on your own. You'll see. The Common Good website is a good place for info on the legislative side of the issue (cgood.org).

Yes, I agree!!! I just wish we could force them to come up with plans that are specific :lol:

I'd tend to be more laissez-faire if my father hadn't been murdered... I have seen the full machine of big business at work when out of control, and it is scary. :lol:

When I took my 'political test' in college, I was in the authoritarian area. I have evolved since then (or some say devolved... I know who you ARE!!! haha)

32463[/snapback]

And yet you support the biggest business in the world taking over health care? No thanks.

Last time I checked there were still choices in that venue...

32476[/snapback]

My point was, for you slow people Darin, do we let a corporation run it. Of course then you have the problem of who is paying off who. Yeah, leave it alone. If people want healthcare, have them work it out with their employers as part of their benefits package. Why does government need to be involved other then to ensure the companies inurance stays solvent.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I have here in the past.  Unfortunately, the server meltdown cost us the archive.  More than anything, I don't want to spend another couple of hours typing out a post that will be mostly ignored because the "flightsuit! Halliburton! documents! Vietnam! Purple Hearts!" crowd can't deal with anything of substance.  Just not worth the time.

There are alot of good suggestions on the internet that don't involve the government.  Do some research on your own.  You'll see.  The Common Good website is a good place for info on the legislative side of the issue (cgood.org).

32464[/snapback]

I will do that.. My poor eyes are so tired right now from all the reading, but I did enjoy the battle! I am tarvin! :lol:

Bush's agenda is available at www.agendaforamerica.com.

Canada's health care system sucks compared to ours. Ask Canadiens how they feel about hypochondriacs -- they jam up the system, cause serious inefficiences and there is no PC way of getting rid of them. They have tried instituting a per visit fee, but they risk making healthcare inaccessible to the poor if they ever make this fee substantial enough to truly discourage middle or upper class hypochondriacs.

Exactly. We need to tax them more, so that there is more money to spend on my new government programs.

32385[/snapback]

Oh, I get it. So what you're saying is, if I want to take home more money, I need to make LESS money.

Excellent.

Because it isn't fixable.  Every facet of society that the government puts its fingers in becomes more bureaucratic and less affordable.  There are a litany of examples that prove that point, and none that I can find to the contrary.

The government doesn't fix problems.  It creates different and usually larger ones.  No vision.

32330[/snapback]

Amen...

And how about a little personal responsibility every now and again. This just in, if you are waiting for the Government to solve your economic problems, pull up a chair, cause it's gonna be a LONG wait...

Amen...

And how about a little personal responsibility every now and again. This just in, if you are waiting for the Government to solve your economic problems, pull up a chair, cause it's gonna be a LONG wait...

33183[/snapback]

Personal responsibility? hard work? WHAT'S THAT?!?!

We need to take care of the poor because they're HELPLESS!!

[/sarcasm]

Maybe he'll put John Edwards in charge of this part..... :huh:

32266[/snapback]

Better yet, He'll pull a "Clinton" and put his wife in charge. That way he'll have more time surf, bike, shoot (his illegal guns), and pursue another rich widow after he's done with Mother "T".

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Better yet, He'll pull a "Clinton" and put his wife in charge.  That way he'll have more time surf, bike, shoot (his illegal guns), and pursue another rich widow after he's done with Mother "T".

33621[/snapback]

He put his wife in charge?! Yeah RIGHT; THAT is a joke, no?

:D

Ohh I know! You would have probably accused FDR of putting Eleanor in charge if you had been around in the 1930's... :huh: