Why is Shaud our third down back?

Thailog80

I like the kid and all but Willis has to have the ball on third and short....has to.

453128[/snapback]

Shaud cut the wrong way on his last run. He went to the left when he should have gone to the right based on the position of the lineman who was blocking for him. I will have to check the game again to see who it was.

If he had gone to the right, he would have made the first down.

Shaud cut the wrong way on his last run.  He went to the left when he should have gone to the right based on the position of the lineman who was blocking for him.  I will have to check the game again to see who it was.

If he had gone to the right, he would have made the first down.

453145[/snapback]

He sure did....I didn't catch it when it happened live, but on the replay it made me sick....he had plenty of room to get at least another three yards :doh:

He sure did....I didn't catch it when it happened live, but on the replay it made me sick....he had plenty of room to get at least another three yards  :doh:

453148[/snapback]

Why is he in? Was Willis gassed or incapable of being a three down back? :doh:

Maddening.

I know, i was screamin at the TV all game wondering this exact same thing...let shaud come in for 3-4 carries to give willis a blow...not be our third down back...willis would have lowered his head and converted...

(of course, that play call on 4th down may be the single worst play call i have ever seen...well, 2nd worst, behind the bledsoe screen to the king against baltimore)

Why is he in? Was Willis gassed or incapable of being a three down back?  :doh:

Maddening.

453152[/snapback]

I'm with you.....why MM can't seem to understand that Willis is the key to our offense is beyond me....I don't get it. Meanwhile, Atlanta is running all over the friggin place.....

(of course, that play call on 4th down may be the single worst play call i have ever seen...well, 2nd worst, behind the bledsoe screen to the king against baltimore)

453166[/snapback]

Call me a weirdo...but I still laugh (out loud) when the king high steps it into the endzone. Sure was the only highlight today. :doh:

Seriously... This ain't Pop Warner... Here's a great idea, let's take our best player off the field because everyone deserves to play... WTF... Shaud is a good guy and likeable, but come on... is he really better at picking up a blitz... it makes no sense... MM has been playing too much Madden :doh: