Travis Henry

Takeo_14

Just heard on the CBS PRegame show. Travis Henry is going to be suspended 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy.

Must be trying riods to stay healthy!!!

452723[/snapback]

The guy had no official offseason conditioning, waiting for a trade to

happen...so misses an entire offseason...then finally gets a trade and

is asked to compete for a starting job with a guy who has been through

the whole offseason in their system...the guys probably under pressure

took the roids to get up to speed fast...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy had no official offseason conditioning, waiting for a trade to

happen...so misses an entire offseason...then finally gets a trade and

is asked to compete for a starting job with a guy who has been through

the whole offseason in their system...the guys probably under pressure

took the roids to get up to speed fast...

455401[/snapback]

Exactly. Give the guy a break. Maybe the NFL should waive his suspension because he is a victim!

More info about Travis Henry's suspension ...

"...Fisher said they asked league officials about Henry before the trade and were only told that the running back was in the program."

so ... that means that Henry must have failed at least one drug test while he was with the Bills? I don't remember ever hearing anything about that.

And then Fisher goes on to say " ... "We expect Travis to get help, comply fully with the league requirements as far as the suspension is concerned. That would include testing, counseling, etc., etc. ... "

This sounds more like an addiction problem of some sort, rather than steroids ....

"...Fisher said they asked league officials about Henry before the trade and were only told that the running back was in the program."

so ... that means that Henry must have failed at least one drug test while he was with the Bills?  I don't remember ever hearing anything about that.

And then Fisher goes on to say " ... "We expect Travis to get help, comply fully with the league requirements as far as the suspension is concerned. That would include testing, counseling, etc., etc. ... "

This sounds more like an addiction problem of some sort, rather than steroids ....

455879[/snapback]

Fans don't hear about the first and second offense - those are behind closed doors. That means this is Henry's third failed drug test.

Could be recreational drugs, could be performance enhancing, impossible to say.

CW

so ... that means that Henry must have failed at least one drug test while he was with the Bills?  I don't remember ever hearing anything about that.

455879[/snapback]

Players are given un-publicly-announced warnings when they fail a league-conducted drug test. I think it's on the third failing test that it is publicly announced and they get the 4 game suspension. This is what happened to Wicky.

I would bet that Travis's problem also involves the chronic.