ESPN article on Matt Leinart..

Buffan00

No way San Fran, not after selecting Alex Smith at #1 this year.

451959[/snapback]

If San Fran has the #1 pick in the draft this year I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Alex Smith away for a #1 pick and select Leinart.

If San Fran has the #1 pick in the draft this year I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Alex Smith away for a #1 pick and select Leinart.

452047[/snapback]

Maybe. I think he signed a 57 mil deal with 24 mil guaranteed, mostly in bonuses that they would lose, plus count against their cap. Plus, someone would probably offer them a boatload for the rights to draft Leinhart. I guess it all depends on how well Smith plays. Leinhart looks great throwing the ball, but he rarely is rushed, and doesnt look that quick or fast to me. He is not quaranteed to be great, or worth the 85 million it would take to sign him (at the very least 60 mil in contract and 20-25 mil they'd lose for Smith).

452047[/snapback]

the cap ramifications of tradining smith would be too much for getting rid of him for leinhart (too much dead cap $ as a result of tradin him)

didn't you see my little :doh thingy?

452082[/snapback]

????????

Nobody wants to see your little :doh thingy! (Is that what you kids call it nowadays?)

Put your pants back on!

(Alternate response: It looks like a penis, only smaller.)

I told you I wouldn't do that this year.  Besides we have bigger problems than Losman.

We'll see. I'm not ready to hit the panic button because the Bills lost a non-conference game on the road in sweltering weather, while losing a key member of the offense and defense. Not to mention that the Bucs just MIGHT be a good team. This weekend's game will tell us a lot.

We'll see.  I'm not ready to hit the panic button because the Bills lost a non-conference game on the road in sweltering weather, while losing a key member of the offense and defense.  Not to mention that the Bucs just MIGHT be a good team.  This weekend's game will tell us a lot.

452111[/snapback]

The problem is none of those. And it has been very obvious going back to Pittsburgh, the first game even though we won and the TB game.

Leinart won't end up in San Fran. Maybe Cleveland, and maybe Arizona. I don't know that Oakland will stay as bad as they've been so far, but I don't know how long they are willing to go with Kerry Collins. He's 33 and almost a Bledsoe clone.