Make or Break game

BillsObserver

Considering all of the media shots that have been taken by the coach and others, this is shaping up to be a make or break game for the Bills. It's definitely early to be saying that but this game will either help us build up some serious momentum or could stick around as a key loss in the season considering it's a home game. We play a lot of really good teams (carolina, jets x2, pats x2, kansas city, san diego and cincinatti!), so we need to win these home games.

If we win, all is forgotten and JP/McGAHEE are okay afterall. If we lose, things could erupt. We need a solid performance from McGahee and the Defense. JP needs to show improvement. A lot of things need to happen this weekend for the Bills to remain on track as a playoff team. Are we a playoff team? This week will help determine that. It isn't an impossible game by any means but it's a game we should win if we are to be taken serious.

I think we pull it off. McGahee will have a monster game, JP will regain his composure from week 1, the D will swarm. GO BILLS!!!

I like Buffalo's chances this weekend. While maybe on paper it isn't a must win game for the mind frame of the team I think it's a must win. They got brought back to Earth last week, but a win this weekend could get them right back on the track to being a solid playoffs contender.

Last season vs. Pittsburgh was a make-or-break game.

I would not consider Week 3 vs. Atlanta in that category. The Bills will not be eliminated if they lose to last year's NFC conference finalists early in the season. I know you can make the argument that any one of the first four games last year was just as important as the Pittsburgh game, which is true. A win is a win. But early on they are not make-or-break, as a 6-game winning streak can change everything.

Last season vs. Pittsburgh was a make-or-break game. 

I would not consider Week 3 vs. Atlanta in that category.  The Bills will not be eliminated if they lose to last year's NFC conference finalists early in the season.  I know you can make the argument that any one of the first four games last year was just as important as the Pittsburgh game, which is true.  A win is a win.  But early on they are not make-or-break, as a 6-game winning streak can change everything.

450721[/snapback]

Actually a 7 game winning streak could have changed everything.

I agree with you though it is not the make or break game. It is against an NFC team in week 3. IF this game were against an AFC East division team it would be much more important.

That being said a sound win would be a significant boost to both the team and to the fans!

Here's to a stout and dominating defense!

Here's to over 150 yards rushing from our backfield!

Here's to JP starting out strong to help set up the rushing attack!

Here's to either our STs or D scoring!

Here's to Lindell making everything, he may be the difference maker Sunday!

I think we pull it off. McGahee will have a monster game, JP will regain his composure from week 1, the D will swarm. GO BILLS!!!

450706[/snapback]

I don't particularly care if any one person has a monster game as long as we win. I am nervous to say the least. Blow-out or squeaker, a Win is all that we need.

I don't particularly care if any one person has a monster game as long as we win. I am nervous to say the least. Blow-out or squeaker, a Win is all that we need.

450869[/snapback]

No doubt. A win is the important thing. McGahee running through people for well over 100 yards would be a really cool thing too. :D

This isn't a make or break game in the standings or for momentum. Lose this week and win the following week the Bills are sitting at 2-2 without a single loss in the conference. Hell, they could lose this week and next and the season still wouldn't be anywhere near over (though you wouldn't be able to tell that to people on this board if that happened.) Real momentum is gained in November and December. Get a winning streak going there and the team will have plenty of confidence even if they limped out of the gate 1-3. Granted, losing games (obviously) makes it harder, but its not “make or break” by any means.

This isn't a make or break game in the standings or for momentum.  Lose this week and win the following week the Bills are sitting at 2-2 without a single loss in the conference.  Hell, they could lose this week and next and the season still wouldn't be anywhere near over (though you wouldn't be able to tell that to people on this board if that happened.)  Real momentum is gained in November and December.  Get a winning streak going there and the team will have plenty of confidence even if they limped out of the gate 1-3.  Granted, losing games (obviously) makes it harder, but its not “make or break” by any means.

450887[/snapback]

True, but I think they play 6 play-off teams from last season in the 2nd half, and finish up with 2 road games. I'd be nice to have at least 5 wins going in.