[Early SUW] Coolest car you ever drove?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

R U Ready for this....

1973 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Lifeliner Hi top ambulance.... with a big a$$ 500 Cubic inch engine. This thing was 22'6" long. 54" of headroom in the patient compartment and from the ground to the top of the beacon it was 7'6" high. My life was complete at that point.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother has a 1957 MG-A Ragtop, Silver with red leather int. Spoked rims. All original. Drove it once.

Speaking of old Cadilacs, my old radio station had a 76 Caddy hearse painted with flames and the station logo. A freakin supertanker on 4 wheels. No one wanted to drive it beacause it was guarenteed to break down every time we took it out.

The other station in the group had a 99 Hummer. Those things are so overrated! Drove like a tank. Big as a tank but with very little useful interior space. You could tell it was designed by the government. Stuff like switches, clips, electrical stuff was always breaking.

PTR

The top of my list has to be my 78 Nova, it was the first car I ever owned, nothing as sweet as your first car!

As far as NICE cars go I had a chance to drive an Aston Martin Vantage. It was my friend's boss's car, what a nice, nice, nice ride!!!!

When SDS moved the membership data from one server to another the character sets got garbled and it came out that way.  I've decided I kinda like it...

31739[/snapback]

Funny, the character set didn't get garbled when he moved the c-r-a-s-h filter. :D

2005 Subaru WRX STi...since I bought 2 cars from Van Bortel, they let me take it out while waiting for an oil change...with a 0-60 in 4.3 secs, good lord that car is FAST!

believe it's the fastest car i've ever been in besides a 911 Turbo which may actually have been slower since it was a mid 90s model

2004 Mercedes Benz E320. Went to Munich this spring and lucked out on the rental car. Driving it down the Autobahn was awsome. The car was so smooth you can do 120 and feel like your drive 55.

Everyone should drive a fine German car on the Autobahn sometime in their lives.

My brothers' 1959 Caddy Convertible with the huge fins...white with red interior....had two gas tanks, each holding about 20 gallons, I believe. He also owned, at various times, a '65 Mustang, a '67 GTO and a '69 Chevelle...all Convertibles...

Now in his mid 50's, he drives a Honda Accord... :huh:

How did you pull that one off Va?  :(

31696[/snapback]

He used to bring doughnuts in every Friday. On occassion he would forget and he would usually go back out. Since I was an early bird before 0600 he would ask a lot of times if I wanted to go, or if I would go pick them up. The place we went was Brennans or Brenners, I forget. Anyhow at the company all VP's got a vehicle leased for them, paid by the company. My boss has a big old pickup that he usually drove. She was a senior VP and had the porsche. One day he asked me to go pick them up, and I said only if I could take his truck. He had driven his wifes car that day, and said I could drive that if I wanted. Well what do you think I said. All I know is that you can take turn on streets in a city doing in excess of 70 MPH without sliding out in the damn thing. :huh:

In order of coolness

1972 Volkkswagon Superbeetle convertable

1962 Ford Mustang w/ straight 6

1968 Dodge Charger w/ hemi

1972 GTO

1965 (?) Corvette

1984 Chevy Chevette

I've got 2

1980 Corvette - my boss' car when I worked at Arby's as an 18 year old.  Had to drive to a different Arby's to pick up some ketchup when we ran out.

1988 BMW M5 - My Pop and I took it for a test drive.  Got it up to about 115 mph in 4th gear on a back road.  The poor salesman was white as a sheet in the back. :huh:

31661[/snapback]