too many commercials

jdubs

Anyone else get ticked off from the amount of commercials on Sunday during the game? It was like 3 minutes of game and then 5 minutes of commercials for some car I can't afford or some investigative drama starring a bunch of metrosexuals that I could really care less about. If I wanted to watch commercials for 2 hours, I would have stuck a pencil in my eye a long time ago. I don't care how the NFL makes it's money, less commercials = happier fans (even with the manhandling we got yesterday).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else get ticked off from the amount of commercials on Sunday during the game?  It was like 3 minutes of game and then 5 minutes of commercials for some car I can't afford or some investigative drama starring a bunch of metrosexuals that I could really care less about.  If I wanted to watch commercials for 2 hours, I would have stuck a pencil in my eye a long time ago.  I don't care how the NFL makes it's money, less commercials = happier fans (even with the manhandling we got yesterday).

446652[/snapback]

The alternative is PPV games. I'll swallow the ads.

I was thinking that yesterday as well. I think it had to do with the number of punts there were. However, I can't stand the score a touchdown, kick the extra point.. 2 mins of commercials... Watch a 10 second kickoff... 3 mins of commercials... Hey! Back to the game... 2 plays later a challenge or a injury... go to commercial. It is getting annoying! Plus as far as PPV games goes, what do you think Sunday Ticket is?

I was thinking that yesterday as well.  I think it had to do with the number of punts there were.  However, I can't stand the score a touchdown, kick the extra point.. 2 mins of commercials...  Watch a 10 second kickoff...  3 mins of commercials...  Hey! Back to the game...  2 plays later a challenge or a injury...  go to commercial.  It is getting annoying!  Plus as far as PPV games goes, what do you think Sunday Ticket is?

446677[/snapback]

But there is commercials with Sunday ticket.

yes, I agree fully.

wayyy too many comercials. I'm not sure what to do about it though, I guess I could stop watching football, but who wants to do that?

446664[/snapback]

The trend of more commercials seems to be a general one in TV. I know that the FCC rules use to limit the number of commercials per hour of YV, but in the new free market world in which folks are competing for smaller and more refined market segments, the lost viewership of commericals as folks TIVO andmute them out does not seem to stop the market yet.

While football games are a different beast that fictiional entertainment fare (like reality TV) it seems as though there may be even more room for folks to horn in ads so I doubt even despite protests like yours we have seen a stop in the assault of commercials on the game.

The trend of more commercials seems to be a general one in TV. I know that the FCC rules use to limit the number of commercials per hour of YV, but in the new free market world in which folks are competing for smaller and more refined market segments, the lost viewership of commericals as folks TIVO andmute them out does not seem to stop the market yet.

While football games are a different beast that fictiional entertainment fare (like reality TV) it seems as though there may be even more room for folks to horn in ads so I doubt even despite protests like yours we have seen a stop in the assault of commercials on the game.

446688[/snapback]

Well maybe an FYI, I have stopped watching all TV except football. The only TV I ever watch now is Bills or other games. The amount of ads has a large part to do with that, although there are many other factors.

Other than that I'll read books, watch movies, or play video games (madden) or find something else.

Marge Simpson said in 2010 "You know, Fox turned into a hard-core sex channel so gradually, I didn't even notice."

TV really just makes me sick altogether.

I was replying to The Dean about the PPV option.  I'd rather pay for only Bills games and no commercials. 

But to respond to your comment...

Back in 95 (or 96), Sunday ticket had no commercials.

446700[/snapback]

Never has this been the case. They would have to produce it themselves, and fill in the time for commercials with analysis or something.

Actually, this is what happens in the UK when they show the NFL. Commercials are far more than allowed by law, so they have two guys yabbering away during the TV timeouts

Anyone else get ticked off from the amount of commercials on Sunday during the game?  It was like 3 minutes of game and then 5 minutes of commercials for some car I can't afford or some investigative drama starring a bunch of metrosexuals that I could really care less about.  If I wanted to watch commercials for 2 hours, I would have stuck a pencil in my eye a long time ago.  I don't care how the NFL makes it's money, less commercials = happier fans (even with the manhandling we got yesterday).

446652[/snapback]

Ive thought this for the last few seasons. If I didnt like the Bills(and wasnt involved in various pools) I probably wouldnt watch the NFL at all because of it. Such big money involved in the TV contracts I guess the networks have to squeeze every last spot out.

446652[/snapback]

I kept track a few years ago, with pencil and scratchpad. It was something like 35 commercials in the 1st half. :)

I just edited out all the commercials in my copy. The second half was brutal. Must have been a commercial every 3 minutes.

What the networks must love is a high scoring game. They can really pack them commercials in between the score, the point after and the kickoff.

The 4:00 are/were especially brutal.  I have Sunday Ticket and there were a few times where I had to resort to Rams/Cardinals action because every other game had commercials.

446727[/snapback]

heheh..that was actually the main 4pm game I was watching, believe it or not. I had two players in that game from a fantasy league Im in(Holt, Fitzgerald)

Never has this been the case. They would have to produce it themselves, and fill in the time for commercials with analysis or something.

Actually, this is what happens in the UK when they show the NFL.  Commercials are far more  than allowed by law, so they have two guys yabbering away during the TV timeouts

446711[/snapback]

Actually the following link discusses why Direct TV has to show commercials now and how in 1995 they didn't. In 1995, they stayed with the feed so you would have the commentators chatting, until the audience came back.

Legal issue with NFL Sunday Tickets, Commercials, and Antitrust issues

446652[/snapback]

ANSWER = NFL SUNDAY TICKET SHORTCUTS. NO COMMERCIALS WHATSOEVER. I CAN WATCH A GAME IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS.

WONDERFUL.