What to expect from the Raiders' offense

Coach Tuesday

I noticed by the Bills' defensive allignment that they had absolutely no respect for the Jags' speed on offense. This was evidenced by the fact that they used their linebackers (mainly Spikes) to cover the Jags' slot receivers. There is no way that will work against the Raiders - they have a lot of fast guys, and I expect the Raiders to come out throwing right away, possibly with 4 or 5 wrs - they may even mix in some fast-tempo or no-huddle to continue to exploit mismatches in the Bills' secondary. The Bills' corners will have to play a lot, and will have to bring their A-game. I don't think the Raiders will try to pound the ball until the second half (if they're ahead), because if the Jags couldn't do it with Taylor there's no way the Raiders can do it with Wheatley/Fargas.

I noticed by the Bills' defensive allignment that they had absolutely no respect for the Jags' speed on offense.  This was evidenced by the fact that they used their linebackers (mainly Spikes) to cover the Jags' slot receivers.  There is no way that will work against the Raiders - they have a lot of fast guys, and I expect the Raiders to come out throwing right away, possibly with 4 or 5 wrs - they may even mix in some fast-tempo or no-huddle to continue to exploit mismatches in the Bills' secondary.  The Bills' corners will have to play a lot, and will have to bring their A-game.  I don't think the Raiders will try to pound the ball until the second half (if they're ahead), because if the Jags couldn't do it with Taylor there's no way the Raiders can do it with Wheatley/Fargas.

31546[/snapback]

If Center J Grove and R Gallery are starters on Oline than Raiders have a good chance to be sucessful with the run. I think you are correct, I expect Raiders to come out and challenge Bills deep. They want to put the fear into that Bills secondary so it easier to work the underneath stuff and to run football . Norv Turner is not going to abandon the running game because alot of what he does is set up by the running game. I don't think raiders will go four Wrs because Norv Likes to use his Tes and Raiders have Tes that can get down the field(look for Courtney anderson 6'7 270 ) Also Norv going to throw alot to his rbs out of backfield.

Expose our secondary? Maybe Wire but, our Nickle and Dime corners are solid.... and I have all the trust in the world that McGee and Thomas will have no trouble taking on any other teams 3rd or 4th reciever.

31671[/snapback]

Problem is that Doug Gabriel 6'2 217(Currently Raiders third Wr) might be Raiders best Wr when the season over with.

Raiders have alot of Wr with size that are going to cause problems for your smaller cBs Raiders have seven Wrs on roster and six will definetly be activated and play in this game. T Vincent 6'0 200 should be on raiders number 1 wr J Porter 6'2 230 and N Clemente 5'11 204 should be on J rice 6'2 200. Thats not bad matchups for Bills so far. I think Problem will be the 3and 4 fourth Cbs matching up to Raiders 3 to sixth Wrs(which everone in the game at a time. 3. Doug Gabriel 6'2 217,l this guy something special and T McGee 5'10 201 or K thomas 5'11 180 are giving up alot of size to him. Thats defenitely raiders three recievers.

Now Raiders Have a4. Ronald Curry- 6'2 220(former Qb turned Wr) not a speedster or very fast but is a great athlethe( Won the slam dunk championship at Mcdonald all star game )and Tim Brown says probably been the raiders best Wr this year in camp.

5. Alvis whitted 6'0 185- This guy has world class speed but was always known to have brick hands- So far in first game and throughout the preseason has caught every thing thrown his way(Raiders have to be putting some illegal substance on his hands)

6. C Francis 5'10 195 this guy was ther fastest player at the combine last year. This guy isn't a track guy but a football player as he has very reliable hands and runs nice routes. (will be kickreturner)

7, J Morant 6'5 230 4.45 last week was deactivated and maybe activated this week because Bills really don't have anyone to match up to him - size wise.

What all this speed does is stretch a defense out and gives TEs and Rbs out of backfield a chance to make big plays

Raiders give Qb time and they are going to score points.

Oh God I forgot about Wire... Can we seriously just remove our two safeties from the game and go 4 CB's? I'd rather have Vincent, Clements, McGee, and Thomas face the speedy Raider WR's instead of Vincent, Clements, Reese, and Wire. Screw the need for the run-stuffing safeties. Our front 7 will do just fine against Wheatley and Fargas.

I noticed by the Bills' defensive allignment that they had absolutely no respect for the Jags' speed on offense.  This was evidenced by the fact that they used their linebackers (mainly Spikes) to cover the Jags' slot receivers.  There is no way that will work against the Raiders - they have a lot of fast guys, and I expect the Raiders to come out throwing right away, possibly with 4 or 5 wrs - they may even mix in some fast-tempo or no-huddle to continue to exploit mismatches in the Bills' secondary.  The Bills' corners will have to play a lot, and will have to bring their A-game.  I don't think the Raiders will try to pound the ball until the second half (if they're ahead), because if the Jags couldn't do it with Taylor there's no way the Raiders can do it with Wheatley/Fargas.

31546[/snapback]

If this is the case, then I hope we do just what we did against the Jags as far as sending blitzers from all over the field so that the Raiders never know where the blitz is coming from. We have to pressure Gannon big-time and not give him the time to throw anything long.