I was at the game

I know that is stating the obvious but damn the heat was oppressive. My buddy, who lives in Tampa, had to go sit in the air conditioned bar most of the second half. I've been to hot games in Miami and Jacksonville and this was by far the worst. The Tampa fans were pretty cool, they didn't abuse me too badly after the game even though I cheered loudly for the Bills until the bitter end. All in all, not a good day.

Likewise. I went to the Jacksonville game two years ago, and I baked in the sun. Wearing a bandana and sunglasses all day made for an interesting tan....

But yesterday was brutal. Ive been to Jax, Miami and Tampa before, but yes, this was the hottest I ever was in my life, and I live down here! I am kind of pissed that I paid $60 I don't really have to watch my team lose and burn up, but overall it was a good football experiance.

Likewise.  I went to the Jacksonville game two years ago, and I baked in the sun.  Wearing a bandana and sunglasses all day made for an interesting tan....

But yesterday was brutal.  Ive been to Jax, Miami and Tampa before, but yes, this was the hottest I ever was in my life, and I live down here!  I am kind of pissed that I paid $60 I don't really have to watch my team lose and burn up, but overall it was a good football experiance.

446315[/snapback]

I flew down from Atlanta, paid $250 for my ticket, spent way too much money while in Tampa but had fun all-in-all. $60 would have been a bargain. :)

It was terrible at the game yesterday. I couldn't imagine being in uniform yesterday and having to play 40 mins on Defense. On a side note, i thought the fans there sucked... there was no noise until the 3rd quarter when they went up a few scores. Bills nation along with some of the other blue collar town teams have great fans, but TB's fans were terrible.

It was terrible at the game yesterday.  I couldn't imagine being in uniform yesterday and having to play 40 mins on Defense.  On a side note, i thought the fans there sucked... there was no noise until the 3rd quarter when they went up a few scores.  Bills nation along with some of the other blue collar town teams have great fans, but TB's fans were terrible.

446476[/snapback]

I agree they were not too loud but that may have been the heat. The tailgate was definitely the "wine and cheese" crowd, not the burgers and beer crowd that we have in Buffalo. When I walked around the parking lots, the Bills fans were generally rowdier and more fun to hang around than the Bucs fans.

Likewise.  I went to the Jacksonville game two years ago, and I baked in the sun. 

The only two Bills games that I have been to in person. The Jax game 2 years ago, and yesterday's game. Talk about a tale of two games. The Jax game was great, warm, but I didn't think it was nearly as hot as yesterday. The heat was INCREDIBLE, yesterday. Having to put up with the drunk Bucs fan that I went with just made it worse.

Not to mention that I was sitting at the end of the stadium where the was NO action. Everything happened at the other end!

Oh well. Better now than at the end of the year, when we will hopefully be contending for a playoff spot.

It was terrible at the game yesterday.  I couldn't imagine being in uniform yesterday and having to play 40 mins on Defense.  On a side note, i thought the fans there sucked... there was no noise until the 3rd quarter when they went up a few scores.  Bills nation along with some of the other blue collar town teams have great fans, but TB's fans were terrible.

446476[/snapback]

Did you see that fight in the end zone seats near the pirate ship? Wow!

BTW, the Buc's fans I sat near were great fans.

In the old days, before sodium was villified, common folk used to show up at my days in a pharmacy at the cash-our counter and buy salt tablets for the hot weather. I wasn't much of a HS athlete - a bit of basketball, but coach made sure we had a tab and a bunch of water.

Any thinking that the TB players were more "used" to the heat and humidity is bunk. Training camp, most any camp is HOT.

It's beyond belief that the Bill's training staff didn't properly hydrate, feed, and keep the players correctly taken care of during the game.

Gruden beat Mularkey.

I've lived in Tampa for all but three years of my life. I lived in the Texas hill country near Austin for those three years and(no disrespect as it sounds like you are a physician) There IS a difference! you cant breathe in 93 degree heat with 78% humidity .... I love my Buccaneers but if this game would have been in Wilson stadium, it would have been VERY CLOSE. Curiously, in the Bucs 30 year history we've NEVER visited Buffalo in the regular season.

Buccaneer fans THAT ATTEND USED to be among the rowdiest and most rabid. Unfortunately it is now chic to attend a Bucs game and I was actually run from the Broncos game last year for standing up to fire up the defense.

One other thing Mularkey (does he serve as your OC?) , did the Bills even attempt ONE screen pass? If there is a weakness, and there are few, in the Bucs defense its the screen because our safties are so deep in cover 2 the LBs have to backpedal quickly into passing lanes leaving our line to double back or our CBs to try to stop it Anyway I hope the Bills are as good as I think they are.... maybe we can actually beat the Panthers once this yr....

Did you see that fight in the end zone seats near the pirate ship? Wow!

BTW, the Buc's fans I sat near were great fans.

446937[/snapback]

I saw the end result of it, that's all. A guy with a (was a) white shirt, that had blood all over it. I still trying to watch the game at that point, and only stood up to see what was going on after everyone else did and blocked my view. I think that was right before the safety.

I agree that most of the Bucs fans were great / knowledgeable. The one that I happened to go with, turned out to be the drunk / moronic one that everyone wants to throw overboard! At least I did... :doh: