Boys/Skins

DeeRay

It's gonna be interesting to see how this matchup pans out. Here you've got Drew's former HC as the guy that has to devise a scheme to stop him. Just atch the tape, Greggo and you'll see all you need to know. That's right, I'm thinking he's gonna put 9 in the box and bring the heat. I'm pulling for Greggo on this one.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this matchup pans out.  Here you've got Drew's former HC as the guy that has to devise a scheme to stop him.  Just atch the tape, Greggo and you'll see all you need to know.  That's right, I'm thinking he's gonna put 9 in the box and bring the heat.  I'm pulling for Greggo on this one.

444257[/snapback]

Why? I'm just curious why there is more hatred out there for Bledsoe than for GW. In my mind GW ("I built Tennesee's Defense!") was a jerk who made Brian Billick seem humble (remember "we're gonna set the records for sacks" in '03?).

For myself I'll be rooting for Bledsoe to embarrass his D (but I fear it ain't gonna happen...)

Boys win this one, but not because of Bledsoe vs. Greggo. I'm convinced Parsells can run a football team and the Skins can't. I'm convinced the Cowboys have protection for DB to get to his 2nd read and the Bills --ahem Skins-- don't. I'm convinced the Skins are still freefalling and the Cowboys are rebuilding.

the GW/bledsoe factor is precisely why i can't believe virtually everyone is picking dallas to win this game. i think the skins end their drought in big D on monday night.

washington's defense is excellent. believe me, GW knows bledsoe's weaknesses -- hell, he probably blames him for being fired. i don't see dallas doing much of anything on offense.

conversely, a healthy mark brunell will nickel and dime dallas' defense to death. i like the skins in this one, 17-13.

the GW/bledsoe factor is precisely why i can't believe virtually everyone is picking dallas to win this game.  i think the skins end their drought in big D on monday night.

washington's defense is excellent.  believe me, GW knows bledsoe's weaknesses -- hell, he probably blames him for being fired.  i don't see dallas doing much of anything on offense.

conversely, a healthy mark brunell will nickel and dime dallas' defense to death.  i like the skins in this one, 17-13.

I think GW will frustrate Drew and the Cowboys' offense as well. I see a low-scoring affair, more like 10-7. Who wins though, I can't say.

Why?  I'm just curious why there is more hatred out there for Bledsoe than for GW.  In my mind GW ("I built Tennesee's Defense!") was a jerk who made Brian Billick seem humble (remember "we're gonna set the records for sacks" in '03?).

For myself I'll be rooting for Bledsoe to embarrass his D  (but I fear it ain't gonna happen...)

444461[/snapback]

i don't hate either one of them. i don't know if he'll ever be a good head coach, but GW is still quality people. as is drew.

It'll be interesting to see if Brunell is as "rejuvinated" as the clippings are claiming.  If so, Washington has a shot.  I am still going with Dallas in this one though.

444542[/snapback]

Homefield will make the difference. Plus, Washington is going to disintigrate from within over their QB issues. It's Brunell's time to shine...but I don't think so. Dallas has the better offense, Bledsoe or not. GW doesn't need a CRAY to figure out how to attack him, Parcells knows it and is a better coach. He'll game around it. Gibbs ain't what he once was. It's a shame, too. Reminds me a little of how the Bills have been. Washington has a very solid D, but gets nothing from their O. Has to be frustrating. I don't know that a lot of the football world appreciates what the Buffalo D has done the last couple years, considering how much time they spent on the field. It's a lot easier to have those kinds of stats when you don't have to spend 40 minutes a game stopping somebody.

It'll be interesting to see if Brunell is as "rejuvinated" as the clippings are claiming.  If so, Washington has a shot.  I am still going with Dallas in this one though.

444542[/snapback]

my understanding is that last season he had an elbow injury limiting his arm strength and accuracy, and that injury is now healed.

444542[/snapback]

Dallas wins it, but it won't be because of Drew.

I'm predicting a Redskin offensive meltdown, Dallas wins it 16-3.

my understanding is that last season he had an elbow injury limiting his arm strength and accuracy, and that injury is now healed.

444552[/snapback]

That and his training regimine focused on strengthening his lowering body. Will be intersting to see.