best pizza in WNY?

grammer_police

And how 'bout the bread?!!!!  Why would they ever close a great place like that?  I can still remember the smell of the place like it was yesterday.

443679[/snapback]

Ah, I do appreciate the reminders of Trusello's, which was just a block or so from my house growing up.... Loved the bread too... and laugh in retrospect at the utter disregard for safety and health regulations... Ever walk into that "store" and slip and slide on all the flour on the floor... not to mention the huge hot ovens... Ah, the innocence of younger days!!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have a story about bread:

I was up in Canada for a quick run: Gas, Beer, and Bread. I was coming back over the Peace Bridge and the guy asks what I was doing in Canada. Sooo, I tell him I went for gas, beer, and bread. He says, "Bread, did you go to Ontario Bakery???" I replied yes I did, my Mom loves their rolls.

He then goes on: "I made some Chili for the guys, BUT I forgot the rolls. If I send over an envelope, could you put some in????"

I returned the envelope with 4 of 5 rolls in it and off I went without having to say a word about how long I was there or how much beer I was bring back.

J&L's in perinton has best pepperoni but crust could be better..they also have great wings with a ketchup based sauce ...im a ketchup fanatic :devil:

mark's is good if you get thincrust and tell them to keep the crust on the edges small...im not a crust fan :blink:

my favorite pizza is tony's frozen pizza..lol

J&L's in perinton has best pepperoni but crust could be better..they also have great wings with a ketchup based sauce ...im a ketchup fanatic :devil:

444047[/snapback]

i had their pizza once 6 years ago. my wife and i still joke about how bad it was.

different strokes i suppose.

I'm in the Rochester area. I love pizza with a lot of toppings: Pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, pineapple, ham, bacon, greem peppers, cheese.

Most Pizza joins charge a lot for each topping, but the more toppings you ask for the less of each topping you get.

Is there a place around where you have to eat the pizza with a knife, fork, and serving spoon because the toppings are soooooo thick??????

443873[/snapback]

A Guida's has opened on 250 in Webster near work which has some very good (and very LARGE) slices.

One Friday they even had Garbage Plate pizza!

i had their pizza once 6 years ago.  my wife and i still joke about how bad it was.

different strokes i suppose.

444169[/snapback]

well the pepperoni is the best ive ever had..spicy and small so it crispy and greasy...the sauce is good too..cheese is cheese i guess..but they do have to work on there crust..its like cardboard, but i eat it anyways to get the other stuff..lol