Da Bucs....

mtdoak

That being said, I think Buffalo's offense does have a HUGE test here. And I think its gonna be a close game. That being said, no one on the Bucs offense scares me. Houston has a much better offense than the Bucs, and they couldn't move the ball. The Bucs have a QB that is prone to bad throws against a turnover machine secondary, a RB who had 71 yards against a bad rush defense until he broke a long one laaate in the 4th quarter, and a #1 receiver who hasn't had more than 1000 yards in 7 years. If Buffalo can keep Clayton from being a big factor in this game, I think 14 points will be enough to seal the deal. As long as Buffalo plays a good, steady ball control style game, I see no reason why Buffalo will lose this game. IMHO, if Buffalo loses this game, it'll be Buffalo beating themselves (i.e. JP making bad throws against a good d)

I love the proper usage of the word "AIN'T", most people don't use it correctly?

I ain't scared of the Bucs either. There is nobody scary on that team. The only thing is that they are an opportunistic team that will take advantage of JP's poor decisions IF he makes any Sunday. If JP does make mistakes, it will smart more this Sunday than most any other time.

This game will probably come down to special teams and points scored by the D. Everyone is talking about how JP will handle the TB defense, but no one is talking about Brian frrrriiiggggiinnn' Greise. We ain't talkin' about his dad or Dan Marino here.

PTR

That being said, I think Buffalo's offense does have a HUGE test here.  And I think its gonna be a close game.  That being said, no one on the Bucs offense scares me.  Houston has a much better offense than the Bucs, and they couldn't move the ball.  The Bucs have a QB that is prone to bad throws against a turnover machine secondary, a RB who had 71 yards against a bad rush defense until he broke a long one laaate in the 4th quarter, and a #1 receiver who hasn't had more than 1000 yards in 7 years.  If Buffalo can keep Clayton from being a big factor in this game, I think 14 points will be enough to seal the deal.  As long as Buffalo plays a good, steady ball control style game, I see no reason why Buffalo will lose this game.  IMHO, if Buffalo loses this game, it'll be Buffalo beating themselves (i.e. JP making bad throws against a good d)

441280[/snapback]

I think you are right. This is a BIG test, but I think the Bills will handle it. The defense is really a superbowl defense, and I don't see them letting up. Cadillac Williams may get some big yards, but I don't see them scoring too much. I think our offense is really coming together, and I think Losman will prove a great selection. It will probably boil down to special teams play to make the difference, and I think we win on that. I don't want to sound to pollyanna, but I think we have the makings of a great season.

That being said, I think Buffalo's offense does have a HUGE test here.  And I think its gonna be a close game.  That being said, no one on the Bucs offense scares me.  Houston has a much better offense than the Bucs, and they couldn't move the ball.  The Bucs have a QB that is prone to bad throws against a turnover machine secondary, a RB who had 71 yards against a bad rush defense until he broke a long one laaate in the 4th quarter, and a #1 receiver who hasn't had more than 1000 yards in 7 years.  If Buffalo can keep Clayton from being a big factor in this game, I think 14 points will be enough to seal the deal.  As long as Buffalo plays a good, steady ball control style game, I see no reason why Buffalo will lose this game.  IMHO, if Buffalo loses this game, it'll be Buffalo beating themselves (i.e. JP making bad throws against a good d)

441280[/snapback]

Funny,but one of my favourite guys on the radio is Bryan Cox. He is on the afternnon show with Chris Meyers, and is one of the few ex-players not afraid to speak his mind and critisize players. He just blasts Griese as two QBs, one who plays well if not pressured, and one who just comes unglued in the face of a strong pass rush. Now, on the surface, every QB would play better without a 300 lb lineman about to drill to him, but B.Cox goes out of his way to say that Griese just folds like a little girl after you hit him the second time.

I ain't scared of the Bucs either.  There is nobody scary on that team.

441562[/snapback]

Derrick Brooks? Simeon Rice? Anthony McFarland? Ronde Barber? Those guys are some of the best at their positions in the NFL. Just because they only won 5 games last year doesn't mean they don't have some game breaking players.

Derrick Brooks?  Simeon Rice?  Anthony McFarland?  Ronde Barber?  Those guys are some of the best at their positions in the NFL.  Just because they only won 5 games last year doesn't mean they don't have some game breaking players.

441744[/snapback]

That's why I have a hard time with people who guarantee wins or losses week to week. Bad calls, broken plays, turnovers, penalties, the 12th man... There are so many factors that go above and beyond just having superior talent and a good game plan that it is just too hard to call. One week a defense will force 2 fumbles in the red zone and not recover either of them. The next week the same thing will happen and it results in 10 points for the offense. Although it is fun to make predictions, it is always too close of a call to say that the Bills will definitely beat the Bucs.