Don't believe some of the hpe you hear

BeastOfTheEast

the heat and humidity of Tampa.

Remember two seasons ago when the Bills ran roughshod over the Jags, in Jax, in week#2?

And, it wasn't like western NY didn't experience a hot summer....in fact it was VERY hot and humid....not unlike Florida weather.

Weather will not be a factor in this game. The Bills are well conditioned and look for them to win a defensive struggle down in Tampa on Sunday. :doh:

The amount of money these guy's make, the great physical condition their in and with the hydration measure's they take before game time there should be no reason why weather plays a factor in their play on the field. It's been a pretty hot summer, I think the Bill's are set and wont have to worry about weather.

the heat and humidity of Tampa.

Remember two seasons ago when the Bills ran roughshod over the Jags, in Jax, in week#2?

And, it wasn't like western NY didn't experience a hot summer....in fact it was VERY hot and humid....not unlike Florida weather.

Weather will not be a factor in this game. The Bills are well conditioned and look for them to win a defensive struggle down in Tampa on Sunday. 0:)

440990[/snapback]

we'll see. if it is 90 and humid, we're screwed...unless it's been that hot, or close to it, in buffalo for the last 3 weeks. what happened in june, july and august is basically irrelevant.

when the weather gradually cools (has it cooled down up there this month?) you start to become deacclimated, regardless of how much money you make. your blood volume drops, and short of receiving IVs at halftime, the effects of this will mount as the game progresses. the players blood gets thicker, harder to pump, players move slower and slower, until- boom goes the dynamite!- cadillac turns the corner in the 4th and runs a sweep for an 80 yd TD.

if the gametime weather mirrors what has been in tampa for the last 3 weeks, and it is much warmer than it has been in buffalo, it could be trouble.

are halftime IVs routine? that would solve the problem, but it sounds a little impractical.

we'll see.  if it is 90 and humid, we're screwed...unless it's been that hot, or close to it, in buffalo for the last 3 weeks.  what happened in june, july and august is basically irrelevant. 

when the weather gradually cools (has it cooled down up there this month?)  you start to become deacclimated, regardless of how much money you make.  your blood volume drops, and short of receiving IVs at halftime, the effects of this will mount as the game progresses.  the players blood gets thicker, harder to pump, players move slower and slower, until- boom goes the dynamite!- cadillac turns the corner in the 4th and runs a sweep for an 80 yd TD.

if the gametime weather mirrors what has been in tampa for the last 3 weeks, and it is much warmer than it has been in buffalo, it could be trouble.

are halftime IVs routine?  that would solve the problem, but it sounds a little impractical.

441085[/snapback]

Answer:

A week-long hydration strategy using drinks such as pickle juice or Pedialyte.

If the players over-hydrate all week, it should give them plenty of hydration for during the game.

Fact is, the Bills are MORE TALENTED than the Bucs at just about every position. They will win this game.

Answer:

A week-long hydration strategy using drinks such as pickle juice or Pedialyte.

If the players over-hydrate all week, it should give them plenty of hydration for during the game.

Fact is, the Bills are MORE TALENTED than the Bucs at just about every position. They will win this game.

441113[/snapback]

You aren't suggesting the Bills eat the only food (besides pickles) that is a known primary source of pickle juice are you? Between 1/3 of the players puking for a week, another 1/3 on the can for a week straight, and the other 1/3 with their intestines bound in a tight knot and in the hospital, all the Bills would have left are Lindell (known to hate Retatta) and the practice squad (not allowed to eat Retatta - "haven't earned it, Rookie")!

Bad things man. Bad things.

Dave.

I'm wondering in the wake of the televised special about huge NFL players, and the effects of their weight on their health. Do we have guys who are close to being over their weight limit. The assertion by ESPN in the special was that they tend to dehydrate themselves to avoid being fined for being overweight. Do coaches relax the restrictions in a week like this, or could this be a problem?

BOE,

I followed you. I hope you don't mind.

IMHO, I think really the only place that weather and environment becomes a factor is Mile High Stadium, Denver.

The players not used to the thin air become oxygen deprived and the kicks sail further.

As far as heat and humidity goes, McGahee, Moulds, grew up down there and spend their off season conditioning down there. They should have some pointers if the players are concerned about playing in those conditions.

WOW, the responses actually update in here and darned fast might I add.

441249[/snapback]

I especially don't think heat is a factor for a Bills team so recently removed from the sweltering days of training camp. I mean it's still hot and sticky around HERE. Maybe playing in the heat in November and December might be more of a change.