If you bought Bills/Saints Tix thru a broker

SACTOBILLSFAN

I spent my whole day in line at the AlamoDome and got some great seats but when I tried to exchange the tickets I already had for the original game in NO they said they couldn't exchange them because my name did not match the one on the account listed with the Saints. This is total BS!!! My friends and family and I spent over $800 on our tickets and theyre telling me they can't honor them!?!? If you are in the same boat as I am your best bet is to email the Saints ticket director at stanfieldm@saints.nfl.com and tell him whats up.

Dave

I spent my whole day in line at the AlamoDome and got some great seats but when I tried to exchange the tickets I already had for the original game in NO they said they couldn't exchange them because my name did not match the one on the account listed with the Saints. This is total BS!!! My friends and family and I spent over $800 on our tickets and theyre telling me they can't honor them!?!? If you are in the same boat as I am your best bet is to email the Saints ticket director at stanfieldm@saints.nfl.com and tell him whats up.

Dave

440695[/snapback]

Your problem is not with the Saints. They are not responsible for the tickets you bought from a broker. On the other hand if you got the tickets from a licenced broker, then your refund should come from them. Instead of e-mailing the Saints, contact the broker and get your refund. I doubt they'll do anything but be courteous & refund your money. 3 years ago I bought tickets to game 5 of the NBA finals through a broker (Razor Gator in California), the series ended in 4 and I got a full refund-which was a lot higher than face, by returning the tickets (minus the postage fees). A licensed broker has to refund your money in full if the event doesn't take place in the city that it was sold for.

Your problem is not with the Saints.  They are not responsible for the tickets you bought from a broker.  On the other hand if you got the tickets from a licenced broker, then your refund should come from them.  Instead of e-mailing the Saints, contact the broker and get your refund.  I doubt they'll do anything but be courteous & refund your money.  3 years ago I bought tickets to game 6 of the NBA finals through a broker (Razor Gator in California), the series ended in 4 and I got a full refund-which was a lot higher than face,  by returning the tickets (minus the postage fees).  A licensed broker has to refund your money in full if the event doesn't take place in the city that it was sold for.

440713[/snapback]

I bought my Saints tickets via onlineseats.com. I called them on Monday and they were very nice about it. They said they would refund all but the $10 original shipping fee. I mailed the tickets back yesterday putting a return receipt and insurance on the envelope for $6. We'll see, but I don't anticipate a problem.

thanks everybody for your help they refunded all 800 bux! this time they didnt even fight me!

440965[/snapback]

That's great. I checked out Stubhub & I'm not sure if they're a licensed broker or just a trading site similar to e-bay. Personally, I'd rather go to a licensed broker since some of Stubhub's policies can cause one to lose money on tickets priced higher than face if they adhere strictly to the stated policy. I think the typical licensed brokers may cost more but they seem to offer more protections than Stubhub.

That's great.  I checked out Stubhub & I'm not sure if they're a licensed broker or just a trading site similar to e-bay.  Personally, I'd rather go to a licensed broker since some of Stubhub's policies can cause one to lose money on tickets priced higher than face if they adhere strictly to the stated policy.  I think the typical licensed brokers may cost more but they seem to offer more protections than Stubhub.

441027[/snapback]

Most definitely and I have learned my lesson...i am guessing they got a few calls from people who bought saints tix through them