worried about Parrish

SuperBills12

I feel as though he would be an awesome weapon on offense, but if you lay a big hit on him, he might die...how many guys are there in the NFL that wiegh 168 and can take a punishing?

Even though it might make his slower, he should really add 10-15pounds to protect himself out there

I feel as though he would be an awesome weapon on offense, but if you lay a big hit on him, he might die...how many guys are there in the NFL that wiegh 168 and can take a punishing?

Even though it might make his slower, he should really add 10-15pounds to protect himself out there

440478[/snapback]

He should be watching films of Marvin Harrison who weighs about 170-175 pounds. Harrison knows he would get broken in half by a LB, so he tends to get out of bounds or down on the ground in situations where he could take a big hit.

I'd like to see parrish add some weight to his frame and become a deion branch esque player. Parrish has the speed to stretch defenses, excellent run after the catch, will be a valuable weapon in splitting the safeties. I'm definitly looking foward to seeing him healthy as well as kevin everett who hopefully can play sometime later this season.

Harrison has excellent "jukes" as he runs patterns. He occasionally cuts infield, but I've never heard an announcer exclaim "Harrison curled back into the flat and took a vicious hit by the lb".

If Parrish plays slot, that's pretty much the treatment he will get. Physics trumping enthusiasm every time, we'll see...

Two words: Steve. Largent.

Far as I know, Parrish played reckless in college and didn't get hurt.  Just a freak accident.

440560[/snapback]

Well, it was a freakish hit, but I don't know about "accident." The thing that impressed me was that he got from that hit. Then, of course, he realized his insides were scrambled. No doubt, he has to avoid those type of hits.

how much do you guys think he'll play on the outside? honestly that's where I think he'll do the most damage going deep

440589[/snapback]

Thats where I want him. I would love to see him and Evans stretch the outside and let Moulds back in the slot, where I have always thought he is at his best. I honestly think that EM would benefit more from that switch than would Roscoe. Plus it would prevent him, Parrish, from being trucked by some MLB who has 75 lbs. on him.

Absolutely LOVE Moulds in the slot, coming across the middle.

:doh:

Linebackers were 200 lbs back then. Largent wasn't considered undersized for a receiver.

440617[/snapback]

Yes, but for much of his career he was slapped, punched, kneed, spit upon etc. by db's under the prevailing rules. I happen to think that a bunch of today's big deals would be reduced to tears and incessant cries of "unfair! unfair!" if they played under the old rules.

Same with ol's if the head slap came back, and qb's were no longer afforded "protected species" status.

I'm not saying he's going to avoid every punishing hit but there will be times when 2 backers will have lined him up for a hammering, he scoots past, and the backers kill each other instead. He's that quick.