NFL Ticket Shortcut games

Justice

NO Commercials, rapid fire play after play and 3 hours of football in only 30 minutes! Can you imagine watching a Bills game without knowing the outcome under those circumstances? I'd be a nervous wreck.

I just wish there was a way I can avoid out of town scores while I'm watching the Bills game live so that I can watch any other game I am interested in in shortcut mode. Of course I'd have to wait until Monday to watch those games but it would be fun and not very time consuming. I can watch 6 or 7 games in the time that it takes to watch one live. Maybe I should cover the out of town scores with tape or something.

I would rather see the entire game with no commercials.

its just not the same.

439883[/snapback]

I agree, but whose got that kind've time? I will never watch the Bills like that, but anyone else? Sure, why not?

You only need DirecTV and the Sunday ticket. They replay every game in shortcut mode.

439891[/snapback]

Ah I wish they had it over here... There is no DirecTV, no Sunday Ticket and no plans from the NFL to allow it for "at least a couple of years".

;)

It is a poor existance being a Bills fan in the UK. Even being President of the Bills Backers has no perks... :)

Ah I wish they had it over here... There is no DirecTV, no Sunday Ticket and no plans from the NFL to allow it for "at least a couple of years".

;)

It is a poor existance being a Bills fan in the UK. Even being President of the Bills Backers has no perks... :)

439893[/snapback]

That sux. How do you watch Bills games? At a bar maybe?

That sux. How do you watch Bills games? At a bar maybe?

439897[/snapback]

Nope that's the worst part. I've been trying for a year or two now to figure a way to watch Bills games week in week out but no luck.

There is NO PLACE in this entire country to watch Bills games live each week. We get a double-header shown on Satellite TV and the Sunday and Monday Night games shown live (of course we are 5 hours ahead so watching Night games is tough) but the Bills were shown live only once last season (week 17) and there is no guarantee that they are shown more often than that even if we do well.

The NFL and the bidding TV companies dictate what we get to see football wise over here. I do get to see a 20-30sec highlight on Sunday night, but usually fans over here rely on Field Pass radio and highlights on the net. We CAN get DVDs of Bills games at £10 a pop, but not until Thursdays - and that doesn't really cut it does it?

We had a meet of Bills Backers UK a week or so ago, and some guy had heard rumours of some places on the net to get streaming Live NFL games on a Sunday - but had no link or location - and was only told about it in a cryptic "if you look in the right places" kind of way. Trust me Google doesn't help.

I've heard of Slingmedia or similar which relies on someone in the US with a fast connection to hook up their cable or Sunday Ticket to their comp to stream to a host over here - but connections to get any kind of quality cost some money so I hear and I don;t know anyone in the US willing to share their connection in this way.

I am still looking for a way to guarantee regular Live Bills games each week. The search will go on until the UK is a big enough market for the NFL to warrant selling NFL Sunday Ticket - but that's at least 3-5 years away and likely will never come about.

Ideas are always welcome - but they need to be good - because there are 100 or more Bills fans in my Chapter who have looked and drawn a blank...

There is NO PLACE in this entire country to watch Bills games live each week....

439918[/snapback]

Dang I didnt know your situation was so grim. There has got to be somebody you can pay money to to get them to stream the Bills games live. Heck I thought of offering to try, though I don't think I have the needed equipment.

I'm sure it's do-able though.

Dang I didnt know your situation was so grim. There has got to be somebody you can pay money to to get them to stream the Bills games live. Heck I thought of offering to try, though I don't think I have the needed equipment.

I'm sure it's do-able though.

440113[/snapback]

Oh it is totally doable... but there are so many factors.

1. A person in the US with the willingness, Sunday Ticket, high speed connection, cables, TV card, PC, Slingbox, etc etc etc

2. A person with necessary high speed internet connection in the UK. Most broadband in the UK comes at 2meg maximum - higher than that requires som eserious outlay.

3. A location to show the games. I would do it at my flat, but more than 7 people we run out of seats, more than 10 people we run out of viewing space and more than that there's no room to move.

I dunno - it is doable - but on what scale I don't know.

You only need DirecTV and the Sunday ticket. They replay every game in shortcut mode.

439891[/snapback]

you actually need the super fan package to get the shortcuts, it was free for last week only. It is very cool though. I got back from Buffalo and watched six games on Tuesday.

Oh it is totally doable... but there are so many factors.

1. A person in the US with the willingness, Sunday Ticket, high speed connection, cables, TV card, PC, Slingbox, etc etc etc

2. A person with necessary high speed internet connection in the UK. Most broadband in the UK comes at 2meg maximum - higher than that requires som eserious outlay.

3. A location to show the games. I would do it at my flat, but more than 7 people we run out of seats, more than 10 people we run out of viewing space and more than that there's no room to move.

I dunno - it is doable - but on what scale I don't know.

440117[/snapback]

My admiration of you as a Bills fan has grown considerably. Talk about dedication.

My admiration of you as a Bills fan has grown considerably. Talk about dedication.

440149[/snapback]

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic :angry:

Hey you guys need to know if I lived within a 8 hour dive of Buffalo I'd be a season ticket holder. Don't doubt that because I am a Britisher I'm a hardcore Bills fan...

There are hundreds of Bills fans in the UK - and as their representative I am totally committed to getting us some regular Bills football. We get shafted by the NFL and if you love the Bills that's just not fair.

If I can figure a way to do it I will. But let me be realistic - I'm not flush with cash at all and I don't know my fellow UK Bills Backers well enough yet to figure how much they'd pay to see the Bills. Don't forget too that of the 100 or more Bills fans I know of we are geographically separated over the enite UK, so there isn't a simple answer to our predicament. We've met once and only a handful could make it...

I WILL get Bills games in the UK... but I plan to move to Canada within 3 years (in part so I can see more Bills footbal), so Sunday Ticket may come quicker to me than to others.

you actually need the super fan package to get the shortcuts, it was free for last week only. It is very cool though. I got back from Buffalo and watched six games on Tuesday.

440119[/snapback]

Exactly! Before anyone gets too excited that has the NFL Sunday Ticket, this is an additional Fee feature. $99 to be exact. It was only available as a preview. It was really cool, i watched a few games, but I think it sucks that after paying 200 for ST, they charge the extra 99 for the Shortcuts (along with a lot more High Def games, but I don't have high def so who care.)

Exactly! Before anyone gets too excited that has the NFL Sunday Ticket, this is an additional Fee feature. $99 to be exact. It was only available as a preview. It was really cool, i watched a few games, but I think it sucks that after paying 200 for ST, they charge the extra 99 for the Shortcuts (along with a lot more High Def games, but I don't have high def so who care.)

440193[/snapback]

The price for the Superfan is only $49 now if you were a tiket subscriber last year. Also, if you have been a D* customer for at least a yr, just call abd ask for $60.00 worth of credits to cover the cost of the package. 90% of the time should be no problem.

I think the shortcuts are great. What surprised me was they are in hi-def, which was cool. Basically, I think each week i will watch the AFC east games, as well as the upcoming opponant. Much easier than TIVOing and hitting the 30 second skip 100 times.