Where are the doomed posts ?

Sheesh, all of the lamenting during pre-season. JP looked awesome to me today !

436980[/snapback]

Need to improve redzone performance (sound familiar?), but overall MUCH better than I expected him to do in his first start, especially given the preseason.

Can't wait until next week now :angry:

CW

Need to improve redzone performance (sound familiar?), but overall MUCH better than I expected him to do in his first start, especially given the preseason.

Can't wait until next week now :angry:

CW

436991[/snapback]

You needed a win to not be able to wait till next week. Like I was telling someone on the golf course yesterday if ya cant be jacked up about week 1 ya will never get jacked up. ( Note I had my bills flags as well as new charging buffalo stickers on my vehicle since friday evening )

Yes a win makes me jacked more for week 2 but TB looked good today as well.

that was not great. it was a decent game by jp. the first quarter was very good,but the next 3 quarters were very average.and he was playing a terribly average team to begin with.

Kind of like Brady's first start against the Colts back in 2001. Whatever, I'm happy with the win and with having good things to look forward to.

Were the redzone problems mostly due to JP?

437000[/snapback]

I'd say no. The line wasn't opening up big enough holes for Willis. I don't care if they bring 10 men in the box when you can counter with 10 too and not see so much as daylight.

But in the 2nd half things definitely softened up.

J.P.!!!! J. P.!!!!!

I think I'm in love! and it only took one game. :angry:

437164[/snapback]

I'm happy with the win but I don't want to annoint JP the next coming just yet. Houston aren't exactly contenders and we only managed one touchdown? Props to Lindell for his 5 field goals. That's a miracle in itself and having not actually seen the game it's difficult to say for sure. Thank God we have such a NASTY defense. As long as our offense produces something we can win a lot of games. I only hope JP can play well against some stiffer competition.